South America 1/2018

lrockwitt

Paul..Maybe she will get that urge to go again. I know you have been a couple of times.

We are looking forward to seeing some of the places we missed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by lrockwitt

Total bucket list item for me. I've done the Buenos Aris to Santiago before, and it just was not long enough. I could totally spend seven or eight weeks on a cruise ship around South America. Maybe after I retire…

Anyone booked this cruise? We just booked it today. We did the same one 4 years ago and throughly enjoyed it. It wax 49 days. Can't wait....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We were on the 49 days...on the Grand. Were u on that one? GREAT itinerary!

Right now we are booked on Cunard, Queen Victoria, 50 days almost same itinerary, in January 2018...free gratuities, and good price! Just saw the Princess cruise yesterday. Now have to decide which ship. Too bad Princess doesn't give more special deals on these long cruises.

Never been on the Island. How does it compare to Royal?

We were on the 49 days...on the Grand. Were u on that one? GREAT itinerary!

Right now we are booked on Cunard, Queen Victoria, 50 days almost same itinerary, in January 2018...free gratuities, and good price! Just saw the Princess cruise yesterday. Now have to decide which ship. Too bad Princess doesn't give more special deals on these long cruises.

Never been on the Island. How does it compare to Royal?

For the 60 day cruise, there are free gratuities and $200 obc for inside and ocean view cabins and $500 for all others.

Since it is so early, Princess will have more promotions for this cruise. Just have to wait and see how good they are?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We did the 2016 version of this cruise on the Ocean Princess. Booked it almost two years in advance. At the time of booking it was sold as a single cruise. About 7 months before sailing, it was offered in various segments (MIA-RIO, MIA-BA, RIO-BA, BA-Santiago, Santiago to MIA). We rebooked as four segments, upgraded our cabin and still saved about $2000 per person. Only problem was we only had two more FCDs on account so one segment had to go under full deposit. Not really complaining. :D

So yes, book now and watch for things to change for the better!

We did the 2016 version of this cruise on the Ocean Princess. Booked it almost two years in advance. At the time of booking it was sold as a single cruise. About 7 months before sailing, it was offered in various segments (MIA-RIO, MIA-BA, RIO-BA, BA-Santiago, Santiago to MIA). We rebooked as four segments, upgraded our cabin and still saved about $2000 per person. Only problem was we only had two more FCDs on account so one segment had to go under full deposit. Not really complaining. :D

So yes, book now and watch for things to change for the better!

Interesting to know that it was broken into separate cruises later. We have deposits on the Island 60 day and the Queen Victoria 50 day. Will keep checking for any deals.

Interesting to know that it was broken into separate cruises later. We have deposits on the Island 60 day and the Queen Victoria 50 day. Will keep checking for any deals.

We have deposits on both these ships also...

We favor the Princess itinerary....but the Island reviews are horrible!! Seems they added staterooms, and took away public areas...vey,crowded everywhere!

We were on Queen Victoria last year to South Pacific/Austraila .... A nice ship.

This will be our 2nd trip around Horn...a really nice trip!

We have deposits on both these ships also...

We favor the Princess itinerary....but the Island reviews are horrible!! Seems they added staterooms, and took away public areas...vey,crowded everywhere!

We were on Queen Victoria last year to South Pacific/Austraila .... A nice ship.

This will be our 2nd trip around Horn...a really nice trip!

We did the 15 day thru Panama Canal on the Island in March/April this spring. She's a great ship with marvelous staff!

For more details, check out my review :http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=49666538

I had read so much ahead of time I was concerned too. It was a great experience, so much better. It's all just opinion, but I'd sail her again in a minute, if I weren't busy thinking about our January trip on the Crown around Cape Horn! :D

Happy Sailing!

Tempting cruise but I don't think I am up to 60 days at sea. We have done the Santiago to BA segment and will be doing the BA to FLL segment this winter. Nice thing about Princess is that you can cancel your reservation up to final payment time and you can take advantage of most specials after you have booked with a simple phone call. Book now and watch the prices.