Question for Plaza Deck regulars

land lover

Had our first Plaza deck cabin last month, on the Crown P322 and really enjoyed it, even if we could hear the band. We had some rough seas and I really was surprised how we felt the movement and how hard it it in the middle of the night. Is this typical?

Just imagine how you would've felt the movement if you were higher up! We used to stay in the ocean view rooms on Plaza Deck when we traveled with our kids in the early days, then progressed to balcony only. We loved the convenience of the Plaza Deck.

We are Plaza Deck regulars when booking an Inside or Outside Cabin. Plaza Deck will hear more "ship" noises from the lower levels of the ship during rough seas, but does not rock as hard as upper decks during rough seas.

It is one of the most convenient locations on ships that have the International Cafe and Vines on Plaza Deck!

We have felt almost NO motion when staying on the Plaza deck. I actually kind of missed it. I like that feeling of being rocked to sleep at night. If you were feeling motion on the Plaza deck, it was likely much worse elsewhere on the ship.

to try out my plaza room...

I snagged a great deal on a port intensive cruise. In addition to proximity for my morning coffee from the IC, I see it will also be a bonus when returning to ship to get up one flight and not wait for elevators...yay!

Bernadette

Thanks everyone, I had heard from others on the ship that they were really rockin' and rollin' so you confirmed what I thought.

Also i agree the location is convenient, we have had our share of AFT(stern) balconies and long walks and elevator waits when u forget something in your cabin.

I have booked a plaza deck cabin for around the Horn, when I told my DH he was delighted.....as he hates being on the AFT I was surprised when he said well, that cruise will be cold anyway, so not having a balcony is no loss. ..I think he enjoyed being close to the coffee. Wait tell he sees I have booked E731 for our next cruise;);)

Edited by land lover

Booked P338 on the Ruby in Feb, and have P340 (disabled) in October. Only thing we had problems with were some creaking in the walls behind the art gallery, no motion problems at all. I loved going to the international cafe for a chocolate croissant and hot chocolate, then going up one deck for breakfast. Dinner MDR was right on that deck. They close the doors in the evening to muffle the music at night, but the staff opened them for me, no problem.

I no longer see carnival from my condo front porch :(

A ship is but a "cork" floating on the ocean...if it's rough, you're gonna feel it everywhere. There is no way around that fact. Seas over 10-12 feet...you WILL feel it. Nothing you can do about it...the entire ship moves. Calmer seas, the mid-ship, mid-deck thing might work...but not if it's rough.

A ship is but a "cork" floating on the ocean...if it's rough, you're gonna feel it everywhere. There is no way around that fact. Seas over 10-12 feet...you WILL feel it. Nothing you can do about it...the entire ship moves. Calmer seas, the mid-ship, mid-deck thing might work...but not if it's rough.

Our seas were rougher than 12-ft. In fact it was a Pacific Coastal and rather than leaving at 11pm as scheduled from San Fransisco we left in the morn.

We prefer Plaza deck, too. We had cabin P329 on the CP for its spring TA this year. It was a great location for its convenience. However, it was just above where the pilot boarded the ship and I wouldn't recommend it for light sleepers. The pilot boat's engine was quite noisy and the boat made more noise as it bumped against the ship in the early morning at every port.