Concierge

hmdr

If you are referring to Celebrity in terms of Concierge Class staterooms, then no. If you are referring to RCI, for example, which provides a Concierge to assist passengers in Suites or with Diamond and higher Crown & Anchor Society status, then yes. But only as it applies to access to the Concierge to help with bookings, etc.

But there is no inherent advantage in terms of priority over other passengers with shore excursions by way of their service. (That would also apply in the same manner to Celebrity and their Concierge services).

For other lines I would check with their website or post on their board as suggested by CruiserBruce.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

If you're talking about Disney, then yes, Concierge Class and Platinum loyalty passengers who are paid in full get to book excursions before the other passengers. They will usually get the cabanas at Castaway Cay should they wish.

Booking excursions with RCI / Celebrity can be done in advance on line and is open to all. A certain amount of spaces are usually held out for on board bookings. Their Cabanas at their private destination are split between suite and standard stateroom locations so that anyone can have an opportunity to reserve one.

Not sure I would like a program where simply because someone has suite or loyalty status, I as a first time or non-status cruiser would not be able to book an excursion that I may want.

Booking excursions with RCI / Celebrity can be done in advance on line and is open to all. A certain amount of spaces are usually held out for on board bookings. Their Cabanas at their private destination are split between suite and standard stateroom locations so that anyone can have an opportunity to reserve one.

Not sure I would like a program where simply because someone has suite or loyalty status, I as a first time or non-status cruiser would not be able to book an excursion that I may want.

Understood, and many first-timers may not, either, but that's how Disney chooses to do it. Given that their ships are almost always full, it seems to work for them.

Understood, and many first-timers may not, either, but that's how Disney chooses to do it. Given that their ships are almost always full, it seems to work for them.

..which is the case with most mass market cruise lines. Perhaps those on Disney aren't aware of how other lines handle excursions. ;) But most people that have a given brand loyalty IMO probably base it on total experience where nothing is perfect but meets their overall expectations.

Still wouldn't care for that program, however........:)

Edited by leaveitallbehind