Can I bring grenadine onboard?

We are going to order some rum from the fun shop and bring on some juices and pop for mixes. But I'm wondering if I can carry on grenadine. I've seen earlier posts that say yes, but I'm wondering if I still can since all juice etc is supposed to be in cans or cartons and grenadine comes in a bottle.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We are going to order some rum from the fun shop and bring on some juices and pop for mixes. But I'm wondering if I can carry on grenadine. I've seen earlier posts that say yes, but I'm wondering if I still can since all juice etc is supposed to be in cans or cartons and grenadine comes in a bottle.

Sorry, nothing at all in bottles. Only canned stuff now Except wine, we are lucky that we can still carry on the two bottles of wine

Edited by Nannersmom

That really sucks. I guess we have the smugglers to blame for that.

Hi there

You could always try smuggling some.

That would teach them. :)

have a great cruise

You know this is really frustrating. We all know it's because of people (I will avoid calling them what I want to) smuggling booze is the reason no more bottles allowed.

We have zero issue paying for the booze but we would like to be able to mix somethings that are a little different while in our cabin. And I can't order a bottle from the fun shops.

And no I'm not going to try smuggling it in my checked bags.

You know this is really frustrating. We all know it's because of people (I will avoid calling them what I want to) smuggling booze is the reason no more bottles allowed.

We have zero issue paying for the booze but we would like to be able to mix somethings that are a little different while in our cabin. And I can't order a bottle from the fun shops.

And no I'm not going to try smuggling it in my checked bags.

:rolleyes::rolleyes: Really? I am a smuggler, and my "goods" always make it to the cabin. ;)

I don't blame myself for your "inability" to get your grenadine on. If you don't want to attempt it, so be it. But don't blame the smugglers.

Again, I've never been caught.

:rolleyes::rolleyes: Really? I am a smuggler, and my "goods" always make it to the cabin. ;)

I don't blame myself for your "inability" to get your grenadine on. If you don't want to attempt it, so be it. But don't blame the smugglers.

Again, I've never been caught.

The restrictions on bottles are because of smugglers so yes I blame smugglers like you.

And I'm not going to put grenadine in my checked luggage. I'm not risking a disaster should it explode not to mention it sounds like it's not allowed.

And you may take pleasure in being cheap and breaking rules but I don't. I would pay to order a bottle if I could. If you can't afford to order booze maybe you should either drink less or take fewer vacations.

Oh that would work! I'm Canadian so I will have to see if I can get that on Amazon.ca.

Thanks!!

Edited by Canadianmama3

Really how do you carry on your mouthwash. I never had a plastic bottle confiscated. Get the 3 oz travel bottles you put in your carry on.

I'm not going to try and smuggle grenadine on board. And I'm definitely not going to waste my time pouring it into mouthwash bottles. Seriously resorting to that is pathetic.

I was hoping I could bring some on board so I could mix different drink with the booze I've bought in my cabin. But if I can't I will just go to the bar when I want one.

Are people really that cheap to resort to putting booze in mouthwash bottles? I mean if your doing that I think you have a problem lol.

Next thing you know we won't be able to bring on wine or mouthwash.

Edited by Canadianmama3

I never said to empty mouthwash. I was talking about the 3 oz bottles sold for travel at Target. I also did not suggest smuggling anything. I was suggesting to change the glass bottle. If I smuggle I am going to use a quart not 3 oz.

Hello!! It's pomegranate flavored syrup people, not moonshine... Smuggling grenadine, really?

Agreed, this is silly. Take the Grenadine, it's not "smuggling" :rolleyes:

Agreed, this is silly. Take the Grenadine, it's not "smuggling" :rolleyes:

if they take the normal sized bottle, there is a chance that they might take it and destroy it like they will any bottled beverage. Taking a travel sized one might be a solution but just be aware it is against the rules and some carnival rep might take it. its not smuggling... its just not allowed

if they take the normal sized bottle, there is a chance that they might take it and destroy it like they will any bottled beverage. Taking a travel sized one might be a solution but just be aware it is against the rules and some carnival rep might take it. its not smuggling... its just not allowed

This is incorrect. From the Carnival website:

A small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, juice, and milk) packaged in cans or cartons may be brought onboard as well as Carnival branded bottled water previously purchased onboard. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12 ounces each or less per person.

This has nothing to do with bottle of grenadine. What about perfume? I don't have a plastic bottle of perfume.

Edited by crusinpsychRN