Explorer Concierge Lounge

Sorry if this has been posted already but in an e-mail just received regarding my Explorer Alaska cruise next week, it states "as a Diamond Plus member you may enjoy exclusive access to the Diamond Club." Does anyone know if the concierge lounge is still there? Did we get bumped out? No sense calling RCI.........:eek:

Sorry if this has been posted already but in an e-mail just received regarding my Explorer Alaska cruise next week, it states "as a Diamond Plus member you may enjoy exclusive access to the Diamond Club." Does anyone know if the concierge lounge is still there? Did we get bumped out? No sense calling RCI.........:eek:

Yes it is still there on deck 9 in the elevator / stairwell lobby. As far as I know D+ and Pinnacle are still allowed entry. But if you are D+, why would you want to go to the CL when you have the far nicer DL on deck 14?

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Thanks. Don't really use the CL on that class of ship except to get a latte as you are correct, the DL is much nicer. Just wondered if something had changed since it didn't state I may use the Concierge Lounge.

Hi Lovelife, we are also on this cruise and are also D+, but we are also in a suite. The Concierge emailed us several days ago and stated the CL was for gold sea pass cards only, but since we were D+ we could use either of the two lounges, so I'm not sure, but give it a try once on board. The CL has no windows and the DL is much nicer with a panoramic view. We really won't be in the CL much if at all especially since we purchased ultimate drink packages.

I sailed the 4 day last week... Had access to the CL no problem and I'm D+, so unless things have changed in one week you should be ok.

I sailed the 4 day last week... Had access to the CL no problem and I'm D+, so unless things have changed in one week you should be ok.

it really does change week to week, or it will at least until all C lounges convert to Suite Lounges. if there are huge numbers of D+ on board, they may be told to only use the D lounge as the C lounge cannot handle all of them plus the suits/pinnacles. met many people on B2Bs (or B2Bx 3 or 4) who had access denied during one or more legs..

Hi Lovelife, we are also on this cruise and are also D+, but we are also in a suite. The Concierge emailed us several days ago and stated the CL was for gold sea pass cards only, but since we were D+ we could use either of the two lounges, so I'm not sure, but give it a try once on board. The CL has no windows and the DL is much nicer with a panoramic view. We really won't be in the CL much if at all especially since we purchased ultimate drink packages.

Interesting. Thanks. Yes, the DL is much nicer on this class of ship.

Thanks. We shall see!

it really does change week to week, or it will at least until all C lounges convert to Suite Lounges. if there are huge numbers of D+ on board, they may be told to only use the D lounge as the C lounge cannot handle all of them plus the suits/pinnacles. met many people on B2Bs (or B2Bx 3 or 4) who had access denied during one or more legs..

Aha. Thanks.

But think your post is wrong. What ship was this that "the many people you met" on B2B'S were denied access to the CL????????:confused:

But think your post is wrong. What ship was this that "the many people you met" on B2B'S were denied access to the CL????????:confused:

most recently, Liberty. met a lovely couple who were on a 4 week B2B. first week and third week they received a letter stating to please only use the D lounge( they were not in a suite) the other 2 weeks( we met them on their last leg) they received no such letter and were welcomed into the C lounge. as it was the lounge was still SRO for most of the night( it did not clear out between dinner seatings).

while on board they booked something like 6 weeks B2B on Anthem to make Pinnacle that last week.

as a non diamond suite passenger I appreciate the efforts being made to ensure I have access to the (only) lounge I am entitled to and not be forced out by D+ who have a fall back option( not to mention the free drinks vouchers)

Thanks. Don't really use the CL on that class of ship except to get a latte as you are correct, the DL is much nicer. Just wondered if something had changed since it didn't state I may use the Concierge Lounge.

The CL on Explorer is small and the suites people alone make it very full. It has no windows.

When we were on Explorer we always went to the Diamond lounge with it's lovely view and small outside deck.

The CL concierge was Jorge when we went and he is lovely and worth the visit to meet but otherwise I wouldn't worry. They're encouraging you to go to the lounge with more space and better view. Say yes!

The CL on Explorer is small and the suites people alone make it very full. It has no windows.

When we were on Explorer we always went to the Diamond lounge with it's lovely view and small outside deck.

The CL concierge was Jorge when we went and he is lovely and worth the visit to meet but otherwise I wouldn't worry. They're encouraging you to go to the lounge with more space and better view. Say yes!

No worries! I always use the much nicer DL on this class of ship. I was just curious why D+ weren't invited to use the CL. All is well.

Jorge was on Liberty for a few months and now has gone to Radiance.

most recently, Liberty. met a lovely couple who were on a 4 week B2B. first week and third week they received a letter stating to please only use the D lounge( they were not in a suite) the other 2 weeks( we met them on their last leg) they received no such letter and were welcomed into the C lounge. as it was the lounge was still SRO for most of the night( it did not clear out between dinner seatings).

while on board they booked something like 6 weeks B2B on Anthem to make Pinnacle that last week.

as a non diamond suite passenger I appreciate the efforts being made to ensure I have access to the (only) lounge I am entitled to and not be forced out by D+ who have a fall back option( not to mention the free drinks vouchers)

Funny that has always been your ISSUE. You are ENTITLED to zero, zilch, nothing. You are FORTUNATE to have access to the D lounge. As a soon to be Pinnacle who sails in suites all my perks so to speak can change, be deleted or added to at the whim of RCL. Nobody forces you out of any lounge! So many of your previous posts are filled with the same rhetoric, and I'll be nice and say not always correct information. So lets maybe switch to another subject, your becoming boring...:rolleyes:

Funny that has always been your ISSUE. You are ENTITLED to zero, zilch, nothing. You are FORTUNATE to have access to the D lounge. As a soon to be Pinnacle who sails in suites all my perks so to speak can change, be deleted or added to at the whim of RCL. Nobody forces you out of any lounge! So many of your previous posts are filled with the same rhetoric, and I'll be nice and say not always correct information. So lets maybe switch to another subject, your becoming boring...:rolleyes:

umm I AM NOT entitled to access the D lounge as a I am NOT Diamond yet

My issues is, I pay for a suite so I expect to have access to the C Lounge which is listed as a suite entitlement. but when it is overrrun by D+ I get annoyed especially since THEY have access to a second lounge AND get three vouchers a night..THEY have a back up plan,.I DO NOT.

especially when D+ all boast about how the D lounge is always way nicer and has better company anyway.. since apparently we suite pax are sooooo inferior. and the attitude and being looked down on by the D+( yet none of the Ps we have met have been so snooty)

My issues is, I pay for a suite so I expect to have access to the C Lounge which is listed as a suite entitlement. but when it is overrrun by D+ I get annoyed especially since THEY have access to a second lounge AND get three vouchers a night..THEY have a back up plan,.I DO NOT.

especially when D+ all boast about how the D lounge is always way nicer and has better company anyway.. since apparently we suite pax are sooooo inferior. and the attitude and being looked down on by the D+( yet none of the Ps we have met have been so snooty)

Careful who you are stereotyping - not true and not appreciated!

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Sometimes folks post things and make themselves look ignorant. Never group a segment of folks together as a single entity.....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

On Explorer now, 5/27-6/3, Diamond Plus have access to Concierge Lounge on deck 9. Denzil is the concierge and is very helpful and always accommodating. So far our weather has been perfect.

Thanks. Can you let me know if luggage valet has resumed in Seattle?

Thanks. Can you let me know if luggage valet has resumed in Seattle?

No luggage valet last week according to GS. It sure would have been wonderful. However, I did get incorrect information from GS a couple times, so maybe ask more than one GS rep. First trip this crew had been on this sailing to Alaska, so there was new things to learn specific to the area. Wonderful cruise.

No luggage valet last week according to GS. It sure would have been wonderful. However, I did get incorrect information from GS a couple times, so maybe ask more than one GS rep. First trip this crew had been on this sailing to Alaska, so there was new things to learn specific to the area. Wonderful cruise.

Thank you. I'm hoping it resumes as it is the best $20 spent on a cruise!