Coffee?

MIJOY

We will be on the Equinox to the Caribbean 12/09/16, our first cruise with Celebrity. Usually use Princess.

We don't drink alcohol and I prefer to not drink bottled water, so really don't want to purchase a drink package. We do like a couple of cups of good coffee. Princess has a coffee card that fits our needs. Does Celebrity have something like that? Is ship coffee drinkable or will I need to buy specialty coffees every day?

We were on the Eclipse in April/May. I found the strength of the Lavazza in the buffet varied from day to day and even from pot to pot on the same day. At times it was excellent--as good at that found in Al Bacio, which was a happy surprise--and at other times it was as weak as dishwater. YMMV. Good luck!

Edited by BBsails
Clarity

We just got off the Solstice and were very pleasantly surprised by the Lavazza coffee. It was comparable to the coffee in Cafe al Bacio (which has always been my "go to" place for coffee). I normally get the Premium Non-Alcoholic Beverage Package for my Cafe al Bacio fix, but with Lavazza I won't need to do that next time.

I'll be on Equinox soon, how much is an espresso there..? Same price for all places, or every place has different prices/brands etc?

Italian Cruiser

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk

I think this is still current.if not, I am sure someone will chime in.

http://www.thepreismans.com/equinox_ta_menus.htm#albacio

I think the prices are the same everywhere.

We were on the Eclipse in April/May. I found the strength of the Lavazza in the buffet varied from day to day and even from pot to pot on the same day. At times it was excellent--as good at that found in Al Bacio, which was a happy surprise--and at other times it was as weak as dishwater. YMMV. Good luck!

This is common across the cruise industry. It is because the water pressure will vary from time to time around the ship.

I am pleased that others found the coffee so variable.

Some days it was delicious. Some days I wondered if they had forgotten to put the coffee in.

It is certainly better than previous years muck.

I always take along some packets of Starbucks Via just if case no matter where I travel. I add it to the coffee served in Oceanview. It turns out pretty good. Haven't tried the Lavazza.

Tom

Edited by Tommy3putts