Travel agency booking question

Go-Bucks!

If someone is not happy with their travel agent, can they switch their booking to another agent at a different agency? (Not directly to the cruiseline, but to another agency). If so, I'm assuming that it can't be done after final payment. Right?

Not after final payment. Most large agencies will allow you to move agents within their company, but not outside of the agency. Plus it all depend on the Travel Agency and their cancellation policies so they can and will make it difficult for you.

Have you sat down and had a conversation with your agent about how you feel? It is not good business to lose a customer to another agency. Maybe it is just an misunderstanding?

Agents/Agencies make no money if you cancel or move your booking. They only get paid after you have cruised and are back at home.

While I do not know your situation and what makes you want to move agents (nor do I want to know) I am amazed at the lack of loyalty that current travellers have with their agents or agencies. They jump ship for the most minor of reasons and are always looking for something better or something new, shiny or unique. Being a TA is often a thankless job with commission based wages, and way to many entitled customers, who tire kick all to often

My SO was a Cruise TA for 2 years and I made her quit, and we do it all ourselves. No fancy extra OBC, but we have full control of the bookings.

Edited by Valiamo

It cannot be done unless the first agent releases the booking. You would have a difficult time convincing the first agent to give up their booking to another agent without some sort of fee involved.

I would have the booking released back to the cruise line. Wait a week or two and then transfer to the second agent. If the first agent won't release , talk to supervisory or the cruise line.

Have you sat down and had a conversation with your agent about how you feel? It is not good business to lose a customer to another agency. Maybe it is just an misunderstanding?

Agents/Agencies make no money if you cancel or move your booking. They only get paid after you have cruised and are back at home.

While I do not know your situation and what makes you want to move agents (nor do I want to know) I am amazed at the lack of loyalty that current travellers have with their agents or agencies. They jump ship for the most minor of reasons and are always looking for something better or something new, shiny or unique. Being a TA is often a thankless job with commission based wages, and way to many entitled customers, who tire kick all to often

Wow . . . . you made the assumption that I am unhappy with my TA! WRONG!! I use 2 different agencies and love both of my agents! I was merely asking a question that I realized that I didn't know the answer to. Isn't that what CC is for?? Not to receive a snippy reply.

So, before you lecture someone about "lack of loyalty" and "jumping ship for the most minor of reasons" and "looking for something better or something new, shiny or unique", maybe you should ask first. Sheesh! It was just a simple question. :rolleyes:

Gee we are getting snarky. Why ask the question at all if you are not interested in changing anyway. Quite frankly I thought the reply that upset you was a very fair and reasonable response.:)