We hit the EXACTA on cruise comedians!

seattleslew

Just received the Entertainment lineup from Dan Appleby, Cruise Director on the Crown out of Seattle to Alaska this Saturday, June 4, 2016. We do this cruise 2-3x a summer and so are really familiar with the ship, route, shows, towns and entertainers! We scored our two all-time favorite comedians: Carlos Oscar and Steve Moris! In one week! Not familiar with Dan Appleby, but Michael Modzelewski, the Naturalist, is onboard, like always. In our experience, he'll be onboard all summer long ... he's very knowledgeable, interesting, has a soothing voice and narrates a LOT. We also have Magic To Do; Voice of the Ocean; Star Wars: The Force Awakens and Bridge of Spies. With the predicted sailaway temps in Seattle to be 80+ degrees, it should be a stunningly beautiful sight. Too bad Seattle won't let us have a sailaway party on deck (noise reasons). Can't wait!

Hope Carlos Oscar will be on our Alaska Ruby cruise on July 3.Have seem in several times and we will be with our family on that cruise and would love for them to see him.Wonder if he hops ships for the Alaska cruises.

Just off the Crown - and had both comedians as well....unfortunately we missed them both! [emoji23]. But - Dan Appleby could be a comedian himself - he's got a very dry and quick wit! Also, we had no issue with having a sail away - a large one at that - from the Outrigger. There was mention in our debarkation forms about Princess employing a "silent" debarkation process though.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Dan Appleby could be a comedian himself - he's got a very dry and quick wit!

I agree & because of him for the first time we went to all of the game shows. His Aussie assistant Kimmy's sense of humor was just the opposite...giddy like Goldie Hawn on Laugh In. :D

Michael Misko (lead performer in Magic to Do) was also funny in the game shows he participated in such as Liar's Club.

Just received the Entertainment lineup from Dan Appleby, Cruise Director on the Crown out of Seattle to Alaska this Saturday, June 4, 2016. We do this cruise 2-3x a summer and so are really familiar with the ship, route, shows, towns and entertainers! We scored our two all-time favorite comedians: Carlos Oscar and Steve Moris! In one week! Not familiar with Dan Appleby, but Michael Modzelewski, the Naturalist, is onboard, like always. In our experience, he'll be onboard all summer long ... he's very knowledgeable, interesting, has a soothing voice and narrates a LOT. We also have Magic To Do; Voice of the Ocean; Star Wars: The Force Awakens and Bridge of Spies. With the predicted sailaway temps in Seattle to be 80+ degrees, it should be a stunningly beautiful sight. Too bad Seattle won't let us have a sailaway party on deck (noise reasons). Can't wait!

Good for you.

We’ll be on the June 4th sailing of the Crown, we are getting pretty excited. I don’t think we’ve ever encountered Dan Appleby or Carlos Oscar in any of our previous cruises so it should be entertaining. I have encountered Michael Modzelewski a few times, let’s just say he’s not my favorite naturalist. Steve Moris, now there’s a guy who puts on a good funny show, I’ve seen him on many cruises that we’ve been on.

We loved Carlos Oscar on our February-March Mexican Riviera cruise. Missed Steve Moris on another recent cruise because he packed the place before we knew what was up.

Sounds like you hit the jackpot.

Jim

Last month on the Crown, there was a technical delay for Magic To Do. They brought in Dan. He was so funny. Have to say I was not anxious for the show to start, Dan could have carried on all night. With that said, Magic To Do was excellent. Think I like the lead on the Ruby a bit more, but a way good show.

Hint...don't sit too close to the stage, you will want a good view of the entire set.