JW Marriott Venice - Anyone stayed there?

IsanTom

I am thinking about staying at JW Marriott before my cruise in October. It's on an island and I am concerned about transfer costs. Marriott has a free

shuttle to and from San Marco. Is it easy and readily available? What hours does it operate? How was the hotel/resort itself? Any tips to keep the costs down? We will be using Marriott points for our stay!

Hi,

We stayed there one night pre cruise last June. It was not long open at that time, and their were a lot of air con issues at that time. We had included transfer from airport to hotel via water taxi. It took about 50mins or so. Hotel and grounds are stunning. We enjoyed walking around. The included hotel shuttle to Venice proper runs very frequently and takes about 20 mins.

At the time due to being recently opened some things were a hit and and a miss set up. Food is expensive, but nice, and drinks expensive. By reading recent review comments it sounds as though all is much improved from our visit, but we did enjoy our stay. At check in we were upgraded to a junior suite which was amazing with a huge balcony and very well appointed room and bathroom.

Have wonderful time, Jean.

I'm using points for the Boscolo Vencia which is also a Marriott property.

It's the first stop on the Orange line on the Vapperotto and is a short walk (no bridges) to the hotel.

They also have a private boat that shuttles to San Marco.

Transportation to the cruise port will be a challenge though. We have decided on private taxi for 85 euros.

If this is the property, transfer info is listed on the web site. So is the shuttle schedule.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/maps/travel/vcejw-jw-marriott-venice-resort-and-spa/#directions

Your only option appears to be a water taxi. 130E each way.

The shuttle runs every half hour.

Looks like a nice place but if you want to keep your costs down, perhaps consider a different Marriott property.

• 7 months later...

We are booked two nights arriving in to Marco Polo airport Oct 25, 2017 at about 9:00AM and going to the JW Marriott. Going to book a water taxi direct from airport to JW Marriott at about 120 euro. If anyone is arriving on Oct 25 and going to JW Marriott and wanted to share a water taxi just drop a post or email to trybski@aol.com

We did say at the hotel just after the opening - a short video below.

Some inspiration for at my Tour of Venice blog

JW Marriott Venice Resort and Spa is located on its own private island in Venice, Isola delle Rose, a 20-minute boat ride across the Lagoon to St. Mark's Square. The hotel offers a complimentary shuttle service to and from St. Mark's Square, on a regular basis. See video below

[YOUTUBE]6OkBVUfPe8c[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]LIJfqmevJTQ[/YOUTUBE]