Hi from the Royal

Murphey

We've ended the first week so I'll try to let you know how the menus go. I still think the regular coffee is swill so have to have a coffee card, but that's just me!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for your review. We're on the Caribbean Princess for the Canada/New England cruise in October. We couldn't decide whether to cruise on the Allure or the Royal to the Caribbean when we get into FLL on 11/5. I'm getting ready to call our TA to book the Royal for 11/5 - 10 day versus the Allure which is 7 days. We prefer the Princess brand, we like our perks.

When is the Royal going into dry dock? I'm booking a balcony on the Baja deck, starboard/mid aft. You mentioned that there were lots of kids on board, I'm hoping this won't be the case in November as it's 2 weeks from Thanksgiving and the munchkins are still in school.

Have a great cruise!

We were on the Royal in January and my wife thinks it was concentrated. We went to IC for coffee it was very good there.

Tony

All the regular coffee on the Royal is drip coffee. It's pre-measured so there shouldn't be much difference where you get it.

(It all tastes to strong for me)

All the regular coffee on the Royal is drip coffee. It's pre-measured so there shouldn't be much difference where you get it.

(It all tastes to strong for me)

thanksfor the info! i've considered getting a litte coffee press and making my own (and i would if it was concentrate) but i might be willing to risk it to try the brewed...worst case is i have to get my caffeine from diet coke the entire time :D

We've ended the first week so I'll try to let you know how the menus go. I still think the regular coffee is swill so have to have a coffee card, but that's just me!!

i might be willing to risk the coffee if i think there's a chance the swill will be better...saves space in my suitcase from taking my own coffee and a coffee press, lol! worst that happens is i resot to diet coke...

please let us know about the menus, that would be really helpful for us! also, which days are the formal days? i'm going to guess they are the same each week?

thanks.. continued bon voyage!

jodi

DW brought a French press once and what a disaster [emoji33] disposing of the grounds. She usually has a coffee card for the fresh brewed coffee but she found the brewed coffee from the machines in the HC to be quite acceptable. She used an old coffee card with punches a couple of times to grab an Americano from the IC before leaving the ship for a tour. I can't confirm or deny that the coffee in the DR's is made using the same WMF Brewers as in the HC.

thanksfor the info! i've considered getting a litte coffee press and making my own (and i would if it was concentrate) but i might be willing to risk it to try the brewed...worst case is i have to get my caffeine from diet coke the entire time :D

Lots of people do brew their own but it seems to much trouble to me. I'm not big a coffee drinker to begin with and the cappuccino from the IC is pretty good - I usually get to know a few of the crew & they know how I prefer it (not to strong)

DW brought a French press once and what a disaster [emoji33] disposing of the grounds. She usually has a coffee card for the fresh brewed coffee but she found the brewed coffee from the machines in the HC to be quite acceptable. She used an old coffee card with punches a couple of times to grab an Americano from the IC before leaving the ship for a tour. I can't confirm or deny that the coffee in the DR's is made using the same WMF Brewers as in the HC.

thanks for that perspective! i have seen other people do it, and since i'm both a big coffee drinker and a picky one, i thought i might finally cave and try doing it at as well. i just don't want to have to go to the ic, coffee card or no-- i like to drink my coffee while having my room service pastries in the am while frantically getting ready to go on a shore excursion because i was too ambitious with my alarm clock :o

Lots of people do brew their own but it seems to much trouble to me. I'm not big a coffee drinker to begin with and the cappuccino from the IC is pretty good - I usually get to know a few of the crew & they know how I prefer it (not to strong)

We bring our own powdered cappuccino, it's called D'Vita. I get the sugar free to put in my coffee. It's certainly saves a lot of money for us as we order room service every day for coffee and I haven't seen any sugar free offerings in the coffee department.

i might be willing to risk the coffee if i think there's a chance the swill will be better...saves space in my suitcase from taking my own coffee and a coffee press, lol! worst that happens is i resot to diet coke...

please let us know about the menus, that would be really helpful for us! also, which days are the formal days? i'm going to guess they are the same each week?

thanks.. continued bon voyage!

jodi

Menus will be repeated as those are combined 7-day cruises.

Odd spelling of Murphy, I too am a Murphey, are we related? Lol

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Murphey is our dear 23 yo cat! Before her we had another cat, Gizmo. So maybe we are related! Ha

So, the coffee discussion: the coffee I didn't like came from room service. Don't know if that makes any difference.

Menus. Last night's menu was the same as first cruise so.....we mix it up with specialty and we are going to try Ultimate Balcony also.

Entertainment is varied. They are doing a good job there, but we are so tired each night it really doesn't matter! [emoji27]

Our mini bar was restocked and Internet minutes roll over. Wine packages available ..

Anything else?? I finally got onto tapatalk and it's made it easier to reply. Cell service good in each port.

So, the coffee discussion: the coffee I didn't like came from room service. Don't know if that makes any difference.

Menus. Last night's menu was the same as first cruise so.....we mix it up with specialty and we are going to try Ultimate Balcony also.

Entertainment is varied. They are doing a good job there, but we are so tired each night it really doesn't matter! [emoji27]

Our mini bar was restocked and Internet minutes roll over. Wine packages available ..

Anything else?? I finally got onto tapatalk and it's made it easier to reply. Cell service good in each port.

N

One more question :). Which nights are the formal nights??

Thanks sommuch! Very helpful!!

So, the coffee discussion: the coffee I didn't like came from room service. Don't know if that makes any difference...
Any chance you could try the HC brewed coffee from the machines there and see how it compares to the room service coffee?
...Our mini bar was restocked and Internet minutes roll over. Wine packages available ...
That's interesting that they are offering the wine packages on 7 day cruises. Could you find out if that is only on the Royal in the Med or have they changed the program?

Thanks for posting.

Edited by IECalCruiser

Okay, Ill sacrifice and try the coffee upstairs!! :D

I think if you are on for more than one week, they will sell you a wine package.

I'm not taking photos of the menus. Sorry The repetition of menus doesn't bother us...there are plenty of things to try new even if the menu is the same. We usually skip the entree's anyway and make our meals of the first options and pastas.

Captain Nash did say the stairs would be done during dry dock so...???

Formal nights are on the 3rd and 6th nights, regardless of where we are.

CC parties have been on Wednesday's at 6:15 for Gold and Ruby. 7:30 for Platinum and Elite.

P/E/S lounge in Club 6 has been very well attended.

For you planning meet an dgreets: the Muster drills have been pretty late and it's hard to get together as lots of people are already preparing for dinner. Just an FWIW

Shore Excursions: Be mindful of what you can do...if you wither after standing in the sun for a while, be prepared. Read your excursion details. We've heard too many complaints about the excursions being too long or too many people or whatever....hey you are going to have a lot of people, this is a big ship and if it says strenuous, believe them, Just saying....

Thank you for the added details, Murphey.

So the formal nights for Barcelona to Rome cruise are Gibraltar and Genoa? I am just trying to figure our planning a bit- so we know when to make reservations. We have decided to skip formal nights our upcoming cruise- less stuff to haul.

Thank you for all of the information!

Tracie-Lynn

Thanks again Murphey

Formal nights on the 3rd and 6th are good to know as we plan to renew our vows and didn't want to clash with a formal night. The wife does "formal" big time so I've had to pay for an extra suitcase for the flights!