Hi from the Royal

Murphey

Peter: we have the same table for 4 weeks. You can do whatever you like. We always have a table for 2.

The first week definitely had the most kids but there has been lots of kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One thing I don't think I've mentioned that people seem interested in. The dining room is only open for lunch one day a week sea day. Not on turnaround or boarding day.

One thing I don't think I've mentioned that people seem interested in. The dining room is only open for lunch one day a week sea day. Not on turnaround or boarding day.

The Royal is doing five different 7 day itineraries in the Med this year and all but the two Mediterranean & Adriatic cruises have only on sea day. The MDR has been closed on ports days for years.

The only issue would be not having the MDR open for lunch on turnaround day. The 7 day cruises have been combined into a number of 14, 21 and 28 day cruise so there should be many "B2B" cruisers on each turnaround day. Maybe they are treating turnaround day as a "port" day because many passengers will be off sightseeing. I would miss not having lunch in the MDR on embarkation day [emoji45]

I wonder whether the formal nights will actually be days 3 & 6 for our 14 day sailing on 23 July from Rome, or perhaps days 3 & 5 ?

Based on the situation that for some passengers this is a 7day from Rome to Athens followed by a 7 day from Athens to Rome;

Day 3 is At Sea(Formal night makes sense)

Day 5 Kusadasi 7am-2pm (seems a better day than day 6)

Day 6 Istanbul 9am-6pm

Day 10 (=day3 from Athens) Kusadasi 8am-5pm

Day 12 (=day5 from Athens) At Sea (Formal night makes sense)

Day 13 (=day6 from Athens) Valletta 7am-4pm (Not so bad, but Day5 makes better sense)

Does anyone know the expected situation?

Not too long now for me to report back myself :)

Thanks

That is what I meant. Turnaround days for us are just port days. But if you are on this Med itinerary, do not expect a dining room lunch on your embarkation day.

That is what I meant. Turnaround days for us are just port days. But if you are on this Med itinerary, do not expect a dining room lunch on your embarkation day.

We will be doing a similar 14 day on the Majestic next year and turn around day for us will be in Rome so no lunch on board. However, I would very much enjoy lunch in the DR the week before when we embark in Barcelona.

Thanks Murphey for continuing to update us and answer our questions.

Kids aren't an issue for us normally. We'd rather have a wide age range than find ourselves on a floating nursing home! My wife wont be happy though if the kids are spoiling the dance opportunities in the atrium. Has that got better since the first week?

Looking forward to your views of these two weeks aboard as I think its identical to ours (Athens - Rome - Barcelona).

Cheers

Peter

I wonder whether the formal nights will actually be days 3 & 6 for our 14 day sailing on 23 July from Rome, or perhaps days 3 & 5 ?

Based on the situation that for some passengers this is a 7day from Rome to Athens followed by a 7 day from Athens to Rome;

Day 3 is At Sea(Formal night makes sense)

Day 5 Kusadasi 7am-2pm (seems a better day than day 6)

Day 6 Istanbul 9am-6pm

Day 10 (=day3 from Athens) Kusadasi 8am-5pm

Day 12 (=day5 from Athens) At Sea (Formal night makes sense)

Day 13 (=day6 from Athens) Valletta 7am-4pm (Not so bad, but Day5 makes better sense)

Does anyone know the expected situation?

Not too long now for me to report back myself :)

Thanks

Our formal night cities in the itinerary above were: Sea day, Istanbul, Kusadasi, Sea day

Late night entertainment. There is actually a lot going on late. Happy Hour is 11-12. Club 6 has been closing around 2-3 am. Kory Simon plays in Crooners late also and their is usually a 10 pm muts.

Last night we did the Ultimate Balcony dinner while s we were anchored in Santorini. It was the most gorgeous setting. The dinner is completely over the top. One of the best deals on the ship but once was definitely enough. We had to try and walk it off today!!

If you have seen the sights in Kusadasi already, there are very nice beaches close by.

Last night we did the Ultimate Balcony dinner while s we were anchored in Santorini. It was the most gorgeous setting. The dinner is completely over the top. One of the best deals on the ship but once was definitely enough. We had to try and walk it off today!!

If you have seen the sights in Kusadasi already, there are very nice beaches close by.

Thanks we're thinking of doing UBC in Santorini since we are there late on our September cruise. I can just imagine that's it's beautiful!

So, here we are again in Mykonos. Late yesterday there was an announcement that we would not be tendering in but at the dock. Shuttle tickets could be bought at the tour desk in cash. E7 or $8 RT. Don't do that. There is a seabus right where you are for E2 ew. Takes you right to town.

An aside from another old thread. Yes, plenty of butter on table!! [emoji1]

On our last three visits to Mykonos we always docked. I think the ships try to race to get their first. Saves on tendering and the potential problems that go with it. It also means Princess can make easy money on the bus transfers.

Thanks Murphey for the heads up on the cheaper buses. I forgot!

What's the dancing like lately in the atrium if there are fewer kids on board?

Cheers

Peter

On our last three visits to Mykonos we always docked. I think the ships try to race to get their first. Saves on tendering and the potential problems that go with it. It also means Princess can make easy money on the bus transfers.

Thanks Murphey for the heads up on the cheaper buses. I forgot!

What's the dancing like lately in the atrium if there are fewer kids on board?

Cheers

Peter

The Seabus is actually a shuttle boat that is a short walk from the dock. The boat ride takes essentially the same time as the Princess shuttle. Edited by IECalCruiser

The Seabus is actually a shuttle boat that is a short walk from the dock. The boat ride takes essentially the same time as the Princess shuttle.

The Seabus actually came right to the the dock. Walk through the gate and it will be right there. There is also another stop a short walk down the port.

The captain again confirmed that the central staircase will be opened up in September.

Scirocco winds interrupted our stop in Malta. So we are back in Naples.

The Seabus actually came right to the the dock. Walk through the gate and it will be right there. There is also another stop a short walk down the port...
You do need to walk from the ship out the entrance of the cruise ship dock and then another couple of hundred feet to where the Seabus docks. I said it was a short walk, didn't I [emoji6]

You do need to walk from the ship out the entrance of the cruise ship dock and then another couple of hundred feet to where the Seabus docks. I said it was a short walk, didn't I [emoji6]

Nope, although there is a Seabus stop where you say, they came right up past that and through the small marina area and picked us up right there.

That's a pity you missed Malta. It's one of the few ports in the Med' we haven't visited so hope we don't get those winds for our turn in August.

A pizza in Naples is a "must have" btw.

Continue to have a great cruise Murphey

Peter

We were looking forward to it as well. The winds are common in early spring so it was a bit unusual.

One thing we are missing is that there is no where to dance before dinner. We miss the Explorers lounge and the old wheelhouse.

Formal nights continue to be really formal. Skipped it one night and we felt out of place even at the Crown Grill. Even at that you will find a little of everything. I believe it must be the itinerary and passenger mix.

MTP party cutoff was again in the Mid 300's.

I believe we are getting a new Captain next week.

Looking forward to Palermo tomorrow as we have friends meeting us there'

Last leg of trip. New Captain. Bob Oliver. Big turnover of passengers yesterday. Lots and lots of families. Anyone boarding on Saturday in Barcelona,

Last leg of trip. New Captain. Bob Oliver. Big turnover of passengers yesterday. Lots and lots of families. Anyone boarding on Saturday in Barcelona,

We board on Saturday!!!!

Thank you for the continued updates!