Anyone else unimpressed?

BackInNYC

Don't stress. As others have said, truly their website is so bad that a CC rep basically told me they are no longer attempting to fix, but rather building a brand new one.

Not holding my breath.:eek::p;)

I reported an error to them in early March which was sent to their web team. It still claimed daily water in AQ which as we know was cut in 2015.

Still wrong. Have to assume removing lies is low on their list. I have reminded them monthly but no fix.

Makes me hope someone booked it and insisted on receiving what they had paid for.

Assume everything on their site is wrong or misleading.

On the U.S. website it indicates there is "Welcome Bottle of Water" in Aqua class, which I interpret to mean only one bottle of water there when you arrive, the same verbiage is on X's UK website under the 'learn section for accommodations' as well.

Please direct me to where you are seeing 'daily water' in cabin, as it eludes me on this side.

bon voyage and I trust you can get your water on-board without incident.

Edited by Bo1953

I called Celebrity after trying to do my on line check in I get it all done and it says I am at 50% even though I did everything. The person I talked to said many were calling with same problem and if I can print my pass don't worry about it.

I called Celebrity after trying to do my on line check in I get it all done and it says I am at 50% even though I did everything. The person I talked to said many were calling with same problem and if I can print my pass don't worry about it.

That is probably the best you can do. Take your express pass and everything else can be sorted at check in.:D

On the U.S. website it indicates there is "Welcome Bottle of Water" in Aqua class, which I interpret to mean only one bottle of water there when you arrive, the same verbiage is on X's UK website under the 'learn section for accommodations' as well.

Please direct me to where you are seeing 'daily water' in cabin, as it eludes me on this side.

bon voyage and I trust you can get your water on-board without incident.

During the booking process where you select the room type.

Attached a screenshot at the end of March, after I reported it 4 weeks earlier.

Checked just now...still wrong.

It is correct in the learn section though.. maybe someone could check the US website.

835814689_X-AQ31Mar.jpg.5056f191bce362ec316da40d5da56a8f.jpg

June 12 to Bermuda will be my first sailing with Celebrity -- concierge class. Have been trying for three days to complete check-in, but stalled each time. First phone call says they're updating systems, call back in a day. Two days later, they say "Sorry. We're still working on it. Everyone has the same problem." I've sailed with Princess, Royal, Norwegian, Regent, Carnival. Never a problem with online check-in. To say I'm underwhelmed, particularly with the upgrade is an understatement. Am I alone?

During my one try at X, I found their tech stuff so bad it actually crossed over into hilarity. No proofreading on very basic site stuff like restaurant descriptions, back end database horribly broken (stuff like being locked out of your reservation for 20 minutes if you clicked the wrong thing, and people who couldn't access their reservations for weeks at a time).

There are a lot of apologists for this, but there is simply no excuse for it in 2016. Really.

People can stop worrying about X trying to court a younger generation until they get their technology sorted out. (And their entertainment, from what I saw on my one X sailing.)

Don't stress. As others have said, truly their website is so bad that a CC rep basically told me they are no longer attempting to fix, but rather building a brand new one.

Doesn't that assume they actually used to attempt to fix the site? You do know the derivation of the word ASSuME, don't you? :rolleyes:

Edited by ChucktownSteve

I became president of an internet based start-up in 2002. My knowledge is dated, but it's easier now, and it wasn't that hard then, to make changes or correct typos on one's site. Most of their errors could be fixed in a couple minutes if one had admin access. As I stated in an earlier post, their lame excuses are symptomatic of an IT Dept that's not being held accountable. The fact remains that many errors should be caught by basic proof reading on day one. Their issues are indicative of third-rate, sloppy work.

During the booking process where you select the room type.

Attached a screenshot at the end of March, after I reported it 4 weeks earlier.

Checked just now...still wrong.

It is correct in the learn section though.. maybe someone could check the US website.

It is clearly there.

bon voyage

We would rather have the so-so web site and a great cruise, than the great web site and a rotten cruise like ours was on the Ruby Princess in 2012.

The time on ship is way more important than how we got there.

EW

We would rather have the so-so web site and a great cruise, than the great web site and a rotten cruise like ours was on the Ruby Princess in 2012.

EW

This is an apples-and-oranges argument that doesn't invalidate the fact that their IT is embarrassingly bad.

This is an apples-and-oranges argument that doesn't invalidate the fact that their IT is embarrassingly bad.

Not just bad. Selective too.

I reported two errors at the same time in March. One that undersold AQ rooms was fixed quickly. The overselling remains there today.

Apples - Oranges it may be, but the fact is that we had no IT issues with our Princess cruise in 2012 on the 1 year old Ruby. But the product delivered during the cruise was of such that even tho we can sail from Houston on Princess for less than half of what we will pay to sail out of Florida on Celebrity, the wife will not look at booking one of their cruises.

The last 3 years with Celebrity, once we have gotten to the terminal, checked in, and on ship, there were no glitches, just wonderful days on ship. That is all that matter for us.

Delivering a so-so on ship product by Princess is what is embarrassing. We first sailed with them in 1992, so it was not our 1st cruise with them.

[quote name='wallie5446']Apples - Oranges it may be, but the fact is that we had no IT issues with our Princess cruise in 2012 on the 1 year old Ruby. But the product delivered during the cruise was of such that even tho we can sail from Houston on Princess for less than half of what we will pay to sail out of Florida on Celebrity, the wife will not look at booking one of their cruises.

The last 3 years with Celebrity, once we have gotten to the terminal, checked in, and on ship, there were no glitches, just wonderful days on ship. That is all that matter for us.

Delivering a so-so on ship product by Princess is what is embarrassing. We first sailed with them in 1992, so it was not our 1st cruise with them.[/QUOTE]

I have been on Princess over ten times times and although I prefer Celebrity over Princess, I never had a bad Princess cruise, and I would book Princess again for the right itinerary and price. Your having a bad cruise on Princess does not excuse Celebrity's constant website problems and fails. If I had never been on a Celebrity cruise I be very concerned about what it would be like onboard if all I knew was from their web site issues. Edited by Charles4515

[quote name='Charles4515']I have been on Princess over ten times times and although I prefer Celebrity over Princess, I never had a bad Princess cruise, and I would book Princess again for the right itinerary and price. Your having a bad cruise on Princess does not excuse Celebrity's constant website problems and fails. If I had never been on a Celebrity cruise I be very concerned about what it would be like onboard if all I knew was from their web site issues.[/QUOTE]

Charles, I didn't say it did, nothing excuses poor performance. All I have said is we will accept the web site issues for a great on ship product. But will not accept the reverse. And we first sailed Princess in 1992, and being bought out by Carnival is no excuse for lowering the on ship product.
EW

ps: We have not experienced any problems with the "My Celebrity" area of the web site for our last 3 cruises. Edited by wallie5446

[quote name='wallie5446']Apples - Oranges it may be, but the fact is that we had no IT issues with our Princess cruise in 2012 on the 1 year old Ruby. But the product delivered during the cruise was of such that even tho we can sail from Houston on Princess for less than half of what we will pay to sail out of Florida on Celebrity, the wife will not look at booking one of their cruises.

Delivering a so-so on ship product by Princess is what is embarrassing. We first sailed with them in 1992, so it was not our 1st cruise with them.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the 4 year old review. This thread is about IT issues. I think there is another thread about "not moving on".

[quote name='wallie5446']We would rather have the so-so web site and a great cruise, than the great web site and a rotten cruise like ours was on the Ruby Princess in 2012.

EW[/QUOTE]

Agree, but why can't it be both a good experience in both areas instead of ignoring the problems for the last 3 years.

[quote name='love2driveinct']I would try another browser and see if that helps.

[/QUOTE]

I was about to suggest that, but you beat me to it.

I am in I.T. and numerous times users have problems with certain websites. Switch browsers .... cured.

I have had no problem whatsoever registering and filling out all my stuff and printing my boarding passes.

FWIW, I am using Google Chrome.

[quote name='LA_CA_GAL']I was about to suggest that, but you beat me to it.

I am in I.T. and numerous times users have problems with certain websites. Switch browsers .... cured.

I have had no problem whatsoever registering and filling out all my stuff and printing my boarding passes.

FWIW, I am using Google Chrome.[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing that whatever you do in IT, it ain't web design.

[quote name='AdoraBelle']I'm guessing that whatever you do in IT, it ain't web design.[/QUOTE]

And your guess would be incredibly wrong.

I have been designing and publishing web sites for 20 years.

Your point would be? Edited by LA_CA_GAL

[quote name='LA_CA_GAL']I was about to suggest that, but you beat me to it.

FWIW, I am using Google Chrome.[/QUOTE]

Why should I have to use Google Chrome? Their website should work with all the major browsers. I did try with Chrome and Firefox and that did not solve the problem except one problem that I had over the last three years when I had 11 Celebrity cruises to check in. Only on my upcoming cruise in a week did I not have to call up to complete my online check in. Even on that one I did have to use Chrome to print out my Xpress Pass. It would not print in Safari. That is stupid of their IT. Personally I don't like Chrome, I don't like Googles privacy policies, but the worse is that Chrome depletes my laptop battery so I don't want to use it. I should not need to use Chrome.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Edited by Charles4515

[quote name='cpj']Agree, but why can't it be both a good experience in both areas instead of ignoring the problems for the last 3 years.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. The OP has a valid point the other cruise line websites are better experiences. I have also booked Princess, Carnival, HAL, Cunard, and NCL. I have done over 50 cruises. Never had any issues except with Celebrity and Royal Caribbean's web sites. The websites and online check ins are part of the experience.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

[quote name='Charles4515']Why should I have to use Google Chrome?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Hey, I agree with you that the site should work with all browsers.

However, sometimes trying another browser is a quick fix.

I was only offering this as a suggested possible solution and my experience with their website using Chrome has been without any problems whatsoever.