Advice to Overseas Cruisers coming to Australia

It is now almost two months since this warning about Koala's was published.

Since then not one report in the local, national or international media of a Koala peeing on a valued overseas visitor.

I can only conclude from this, the following:

A The Koala's have cleaned up their act.

B All overseas visitors have read this warning and are taking heed of the advice thereto.

C A combination of A and B above is in play.

Aussie Cruise Critics - take a bow

Thanks to your timely intervention.

BTW, How did your wild flower program go?

It could be time to start mentioning, one of the deadliest, creatures in Australia

This creature can render, one unable to walk.

Man,woman,animal,pushbikes,even motor vehicles.

Usual lies in wait at bottom of garden, known to totally end back-yard footy and cricket matches.

This creature is of course.

THE THREE CORNERED JACK.

Sometimes has other names.

Yes, Little Miss Irwin is what I call them now, a prickly customer.

Edited by MicCanberra

It is now almost two months since this warning about Koala's was published.

Since then not one report in the local, national or international media of a Koala peeing on a valued overseas visitor.

I can only conclude from this, the following:

A The Koala's have cleaned up their act.

B All overseas visitors have read this warning and are taking heed of the advice thereto.

C A combination of A and B above is in play.

Aussie Cruise Critics - take a bow

You deserve a knighthood.

It could be time to start mentioning, one of the deadliest, creatures in Australia

This creature can render, one unable to walk.

Man,woman,animal,pushbikes,even motor vehicles.

Usual lies in wait at bottom of garden, known to totally end back-yard footy and cricket matches.

This creature is of course.

THE THREE CORNERED JACK.

Sometimes has other names.

Cat Heads, out west I've seen tough Blue Heelers that needed carrying because their pads were full of them.

Re the word list...

Aussies will shorten almost any word... Often adding an "O"

Servo

Milko

Smoko

Etc.

it.

Why is it that Aussies do, as Mr Gut has suggested - Shorten most words!!!

You will be amazed when I let out the "Secret" and totally gobsmacked by Aussie logic at the same time.

So if visiting Australia between August and March each year, it is in your best interests to abbreviate too - still bring plenty of money to spend though, after all that is one of the main reasons we love you to visit, as mentioned previously.

Well why do we do it - drum roll please.

Simply put - it reduces the time your mouth is open to deny flies more time to gain entry thereto.

How about that - isn't that amazing!

That reminds me ... one of the first things I learnt when doing some road trips here was to cut sandwiches into quarters. That way it's easier to keep the flies off them while eating each quarter, especially if you have small hands, and the rest stays covered so the flies can't get to those quarters either.

That reminds me ... one of the first things I learnt when doing some road trips here was to cut sandwiches into quarters. That way it's easier to keep the flies off them while eating each quarter, especially if you have small hands, and the rest stays covered so the flies can't get to those quarters either.

Now that is a great tip for our overseas visitors and one not found on Trip Advisor, Lonely Planet, etc.

Also pop the lid back on your drink or something over the top of it, bloody flies don't mind a beer either, and if they get Franz List they can't get out again.

Reminds me of that great saying, "Time's fun when your having Flies".;)

Edited by MicCanberra

Got to keep moving to keep the flies off.

Looking like Newcastle and ACT are going to be two big test areas for driverless cars.

Way ahead of you there, drivers here have been driving without thinking for years already.

Got to keep moving to keep the flies off.

Looking like Newcastle and ACT are going to be two big test areas for driverless cars.

Newcastle?? Hunter Valley Wine Tours?? I guess I won't need to worry about how much I drink!! :D:D

Way ahead of you there, drivers here have been driving without thinking for years already.

And the roundabouts, long before anywhere else in Aus had them, confusing people left right and centre, at least they've since multiplied, a bit like polys I guess.

Newcastle?? Hunter Valley Wine Tours?? I guess I won't need to worry about how much I drink!! :D:D

Maybe why they want to try it here first.

But to be fair they trial many things in the Hunter region, most new fast food items get tried here first, many cars get bought here for trials, even banks and shops try new customer (non) service ideas here first.