3 different flight options

comet11

Any opinions what flight we should choose. On Harmony in March.

Going down from Ohare is the same for all three flights , into Miami. We plan to take the Tri-Trail up to our Ft Lauderdale hotel--(not booked yet)

Cheapest- leave at 3:45 from Palm Beach with 1 stop -Get to Ohare 7:30pm

+$50/person Leave at 5pm from Palm Beach--non stop to Ohare- Get to Ohare 7:15pm

+$100/person Leave Miami at 12pm--non stop to Ohare--Get to Ohare at 2:20pm

Assuming your cruise returns to PE, noon from MIA is about as early as I would book a flight. The drive from PE to MIA takes close to an hour - taxi for about $80+tip, Uber/Lyft for about $45-50, private car service (Larry's Limos is often suggested for Miami service) for a little more than cab fare (but a much nicer ride!).

Getting to WPB airport from PE will cost even more and take closer to 75-90 minutes.

Any opinions what flight we should choose. On Harmony in March.

Going down from Ohare is the same for all three flights , into Miami. We plan to take the Tri-Trail up to our Ft Lauderdale hotel--(not booked yet)

Cheapest- leave at 3:45 from Palm Beach with 1 stop -Get to Ohare 7:30pm

+$50/person Leave at 5pm from Palm Beach--non stop to Ohare- Get to Ohare 7:15pm

+$100/person Leave Miami at 12pm--non stop to Ohare--Get to Ohare at 2:20pm

What about FLL...is it priced that much higher taking everything into consideration ?

Yes FFL is at least $200 more per person than the already +$100 price.

Your lucky to be able to purchase them so early (I usually do too)...We're doing the HOTS in March (booked as a surprise family trip last June)...but I need to purchase flights from LAX-FLL or MIA for 10 of us and can't get all my duck's in a row yet to commit.

Edited by Ashland

The Miami noon flight but make sure you have either Larry's Limos or a cab lined up because you really have zero time to spare.

Would I have to do early off the ship with my luggage.? Or can I still use Royals luggage program that takes it to the airport for me?

Would I have to do early off the ship with my luggage.? Or can I still use Royals luggage program that takes it to the airport for me?

Sailing into Port Everglades and flying out of MIA to use the luggage valet program you must have a flight leaving MIA no earlier than 2:30pm...so sorry this option won't work for you this time.

The Miami noon flight but make sure you have either Larry's Limos or a cab lined up because you really have zero time to spare.

Is noon out of Miami really that tight? I would get Larrys Limo to take us.I don't want to be nervous the entire cruise weather I will make the flight.

Is noon out of Miami really that tight? I would get Larrys Limo to take us.I don't want to be nervous the entire cruise weather I will make the flight.

This is the deal, the trip between Fort Lauderdale and Miami is going to take close to an hour under good circumstances. I've had it take triple that time before and it isn't a shocker with traffic, accidents, and construction if it takes 90 minutes.

You need to be at the airport checked in no later than 11am.

If anything holds up disembarkation, and anything can, that could screw up your timeline.

I would book this flight but know you have zero time to hang out on the ship the morning of disembarkation.

You can eat breakfast at the airport.

If you are worried, you can always self carry your bags and get off with the earliest before assigned groups begin. I'd make sure you are off the ship by 7:30 at the latest giving you extra time. I'd want to be at the airport by 9:30. Giving time for lines. Yes the flight is doable.

Edited by eandj