How many outfits for a toddler ?

heatherandfred

Your child will be in shorts/swimsuit most of the day....unless the clothes are dirty, they can be re-worn! If you are dressing your toddler up on the "formal" nights, 2 pants should be fine.

Of course, if "accidents" are an issue, prepare for that, too! Generally, there is a "fill the bag"laundry special about mid-way thru the cruise. Fine for things that don't need ironing....it's wash and fold....but things come back unwrinkled and in good shape.

Edited by cb at sea

How many outfits so you pack for your kid? We are going on the 9 day Anthem , next month. I'm thinking two outfits per day. 18 tshirts and shorts. 2 pants, 2 dress shirts.

Wondering if that'll be enough?

We bring 3 or 4 all in one swimming outfits and our toddler wears them most of the day, they are a wipe clean kind of material so brilliant! On top of that we bring one outfit a day and 3 or 4 nicer outfits....for a 14 day cruise.

How many outfits so you pack for your kid? We are going on the 9 day Anthem , next month. I'm thinking two outfits per day. 18 tshirts and shorts. 2 pants, 2 dress shirts.

Wondering if that'll be enough?

Only you know your toddler, but it sounds like enough to me.

Just got off a 7 day with my 2 year old. Between the weather and his preferences, he only wore a swimsuit for a few hours. I think we packed 9 outfits plus a pair of pants and 2 polo shirts (NCL so it was casual). We did have a bag of laundry done mid week because it was free, but would have had just enough clothes without it. If I were trying to avoid laundry I would probably take 15-18 outfits for a 9 day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When we sailed with our toddler (on a 12 night cruise) I took about 10 "day" outfits - shorts and Tshirt mainly. I took a dress for every evening as she ate in the main dining room with us. (I didn't buy most of them. They were given to us and was a good chance to wear smart clothes that she probably wouldn't wear again). We travelled on P&O on that occasion and they have self service laundries so it was pretty easy to just throw some bits into the washed if they got dirty. She also spent very little time in the pool so one swimsuit was enough.

I think what you are packing will be plenty.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I figured what I have is enough. Two swim trunks and 2 pairs of pants. I hope they allow him in the dining room in shorts. They're long enough that they look like pants [emoji12].

Thanks for all suggestions, it's our second time cruising with him (1st was first birthday 2 day cruise).

IKEA sells an oversized bib - pack of two

We used it every meal to protect the outfit. We had three other families ask us where to get one.

It is very thin and can hand wash and dry overnight. 4dd4058e1406de04aa611bf1256919f0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like that!!! But he takes bibs off.

I can't help thinking back to my childhood...Don't remember much about the toddler years...But we didn't own 18 outfits each unless you count summer and winter clothes. We packed up and went to Grandma's for at least six weeks (parents, too). Laundry was done once a week, on Monday, after Daddy checked the level of the water in the basement well. It was done using the ringer washer, and using the same water for all loads, whites first. Hung out on the line to dry. EM