New Itineraries?

vaitape

We were on the Nautica this past January that made visits to Manila & Boracay in the Phillipines.

Insignia in March '17 makes a stop in Manila and in April of '18 she will visit Manila & Boracay.

I would love to see Oceania do the Northwest Passage like Crystal, Regent & Ponant are already doing.

Thanks for the heads-up. The problem with the 2018 cruise is that it starts in Tianjin. We've seen enough of mainland China to last us a lifetime.

Seabourn has a fantastic round trip itinerary from Hong Kong that includes 5 ports of call in the Philippines but we won't sail with them til they change their smoking policy.

Northwest Passage: Great suggestion for a new O itinerary!

What about Crystal Serenity in Feb 2018 from Sydney to Manila (with stops in Boracay & Romblon before Manila).

That way you finish in Manila and can stay in Philippines if desired.

Visits to Papua New Guinea earlier in the cruise are bonus :).

We are on that cruise as we are trying Crystal for the first time.

We saw that cruise and were intrigued. Will give it another look. A stay in Manilla would allow us to visit Corregidor and some other locations that interest us as well as the Solomon Islands and PNG.

Only area of concern is the more formal dress code. We are relaxed SoCal folks who, when in hot weather and sitting outside, favor a more casual code rather than the "no shorts after 6 pm" restriction. We've spent many balmy nights on the Terrace Grill deck....in clean, tasteful shorts. What are your thoughts about the dress code?

Seems like they have the smoking issue taken care of and are aligned with O which is terrific!

Thanks Paul...this cruise sounds like a great way to get us to the PI! Hopefully we'll see you on board.

I share your dress code concerns on Crystal. We are equally relaxed NorCal folks :D and are Oceania cruisers largely because of their relaxed dress code (as well as many other good reasons).

This will be our first Crystal - so we'll see how "bad" it is :D.

We have not only survived but actually enjoyed several Silversea cruises and Crystal is not as formal as Silversea.

We are itinerary driven cruisers and if O offered this same itinerary, we would choose them; but, alas, they do not at present and our future is not guaranteed - so we choose not to wait and see if they ever will :)

The itinerary is quite intriguing so we will give it a try and hope to see you there.

Edited by Paulchili

Have spent more time online tonight to further explore the Celebrity cruise in Feb 2018. VERY glad you shared the info. Salamat!

Will contact our TA on Monday to switch bookings. Visiting PNG and the Solomon Islands will add to our exploration (and love) of the SoPac.

We agree, our future is not guaranteed. This fact has been driven home to us too many times recently.

Will keep you informed of our plans. We are: vaitape at aol

Sorry Oceania CC'ers. Will not keep this thread focused on the Philippines.

Please post your thoughts on new itineraries!

Edited by vaitape

Different strokes. We would not consider a cruise that went to the Philippines. I bet we are not alone

I went to jungle survival school there

Not anxious to return

Aw come on...dont you miss Subic Bay AND CLARK ....and the lovely Longopo... so enriching.... and the friendly loving people..... and the long bar.... and S***T CREEK

( named some time back in Playboy as one of the 10 seedest bars in the world... Up there with the Kangaroo bar in Patpong... )

Of course I was "never" there.... heard it from a friend!!

We saw that cruise and were intrigued. Will give it another look. A stay in Manilla would allow us to visit Corregidor and some other locations that interest us as well as the Solomon Islands and PNG.

Only area of concern is the more formal dress code. We are relaxed SoCal folks who, when in hot weather and sitting outside, favor a more casual code rather than the "no shorts after 6 pm" restriction. We've spent many balmy nights on the Terrace Grill deck....in clean, tasteful shorts. What are your thoughts about the dress code?

Seems like they have the smoking issue taken care of and are aligned with O which is terrific!

Thanks Paul...this cruise sounds like a great way to get us to the PI! Hopefully we'll see you on board.

Id really like to see the Solomons and and Melaneaia PNG a little to dangerous

I am afraid I have found a niche in O and find it not possible to consider stepping out of that comfort zone... it just fits so well. Yes I am stuck but what a nice place to be stuck in. Like pilots say "if it aint Boeing , I ain't going"... applies to O and I

Edited by Hawaiidan

Whoa....my mistake! It's Crystal that has the cruise from Sydney to Manila....and has a different dress code than Celebrity from what I gather. Looks like it's a go!

We're in agreement Dan re O as a "best fit" but as Paul said, our futures are not guaranteed. I was in the PI as a teenager and I'd like to get back there for old times' sake. Subic Bay was beautiful but Olongapo, not so much, back in the day anyway. The Solomons and PNG are remote places more easily visited via ship, IMO.

PaulMCO: maybe we'll see you and your lovely wife on an O Northwest Passage cruise some time in the next few years!

• 9 months later...
Maybe O will listen --- Northwest Passage!!! Serious considered booking the Crystal one in 2017 (instead doing West Africa on Silversea).

PaulMCO: maybe we'll see you and your lovely wife on an O Northwest Passage cruise some time in the next few years!

Sorry to drag up an old thread but Hurtigruten is doing 2 Northwest passage cruises in Sept 2017. I understand this is a new route for them as part of their expedition cruises expansion.

Lou