Hotel FLL info from those who have stayed pre cruise

marcyjane

Have any of you stayed at Rodeway Inn FLL, Holiday Inn FLL, Embassy Suites FLL, Looking for hotel pre cruise flying into FLL and sailing from Port Everglades and looking for hotels that offer Airport to Hotel free shuttle and also to the pier. Thanks for you information, time and trouble to answer my post.

I along with many people on this board have stayed at Embassy Suites and highly recommend it.

Price includes a wonderful breakfast and a reception at night.

The hotel is well situated near restaurants and stores and is relatively close to the airport and to the port.

Keith

I along with many people on this board have stayed at Embassy Suites and highly recommend it.

The hotel is well situated near restaurants and stores and is relatively close to the airport and to the port.

Keith

I agree with this. We have stayed at Embassy pre cruise numerous times.

Have stayed at Embassy Suites for all 6 of our cruises--either pre or post-cruise.

Love it--great location--can walk to shops, restaurants, and our favorite, Duffy's Sports Bar with their all day Happy Hour!

I don't think their shuttle to the port is free though.

Keith

Walking distance to the beach?

Have any of you stayed at Rodeway Inn FLL, Holiday Inn FLL, Embassy Suites FLL, .........

Stayed at the Rodeway Inn last February. What attracted us was the proximity of a restaurant next door, and the free shuttle from the airport and to the cruise port. At the price we paid, about $130. the Rodeway Inn was just barely O.K.

Checked it out for next February and the prices were ridiculously high for a basic motel room. Looking elsewhere.

Edited by Grimsby

Walking distance to the beach?

We've done it--it's a long walk.

To get to the beach, we now take the trolley (picked up at the Publix store in the Harbor Shops.

Hop-on, hop-off----so very convenient!

The Holiday Inn Express on 17th Street is an average Holiday Inn. Breakfast is ordinary, coffee is good, and location is excellent. Across the street from a grocery store, liquor store and near some good restaurants. They have a free shuttle from the airport, but you have to pay for transport to your cruise ship. We take a cab to our ship since we do not like standing in line to load the shuttle.

We have stayed at the Embassy Suites. It is average for Embassy Suites, although their breakfast is better. We used Hilton Honors points to stay at the ES, but I think the price is higher. The hotel shuttle costs $9 a person and the cab is $15 from the airport. ES is a block from the Holiday Inn and near the same shopping. Some people like the free drinks from 5-7 PM and they have a restaurant on site.

Keith

Stayed at the Holiday Inn on 17th many times. After looking at what you get and the cost I would go with the Embassy Suites. We stayed there last year for the first time and we'll stay there again. The HI is ok, but they are so over priced for what you get. ES and HI are both in a great location, stores, restaurants, etc. all close. Just the breakfast in the morning at the ES was like being on the ship. It wasn't a little area where you make your own waffles, etc., this was a great set up in a beautiful setting. We were with our kids/grandkids and they all loved it. The pool is/was great, so were the rooms. Oh, grab a cab and you're at port in 5-10 minutes for under $20, I think it was and that was a van that took 5 of us. Easy, Peasy.

Keith

Good to hear about the Embassy. Gotta see how many points Hubby has, because this was at the top of my list for booking pre-cruise.

The Holiday Inn Express on 17th Street is an average Holiday Inn. Breakfast is ordinary, coffee is good, and location is excellent. Across the street from a grocery store, liquor store and near some good restaurants. They have a free shuttle from the airport, but you have to pay for transport to your cruise ship. We take a cab to our ship since we do not like standing in line to load the shuttle.

We have stayed at the Embassy Suites. It is average for Embassy Suites, although their breakfast is better. We used Hilton Honors points to stay at the ES, but I think the price is higher. The hotel shuttle costs $9 a person and the cab is $15 from the airport. ES is a block from the Holiday Inn and near the same shopping. Some people like the free drinks from 5-7 PM and they have a restaurant on site.

Stayed at the Holiday Inn on 17th many times. After looking at what you get and the cost I would go with the Embassy Suites. We stayed there last year for the first time and we'll stay there again. The HI is ok, but they are so over priced for what you get. ES and HI are both in a great location, stores, restaurants, etc. all close. Just the breakfast in the morning at the ES was like being on the ship. It wasn't a little area where you make your own waffles, etc., this was a great set up in a beautiful setting. We were with our kids/grandkids and they all loved it. The pool is/was great, so were the rooms. Oh, grab a cab and you're at port in 5-10 minutes for under $20, I think it was and that was a van that took 5 of us. Easy, Peasy.

I'm staying at the HI on 17th in August for precruise. Glad to hear its a decent hotel in a great area. I've looked into ES and even with AAA it is about $40 more for the night. Not sure the differences are worth $40.