Couple of questions

kayred

We leave for our dream cruise in less than 2 weeks and I have a couple of questions. We are cruising on the crown to Alaska on the 18th and are booked in one of the sideways inside cabins. It is our 25th wedding Anniversary, our second cruise and the first to Alaska. (Ok, I think that takes care of the basics)

1. Is Alaska humid? We Live in Vegas (very dry) and I need extra hair products if it's humid...my hair goes into shock :)

2. I have read that sail away out of Seattle has restrictions. Can we expect any sail away celebration and if so where is a good spot for the fun.

3. I read a mention that a couple of nights will be "open seating" for dinner. We are reserved for traditional late seating and wonder how this works. (I know I will find out on board but it's fun to dream and prepare)

4. We are on board for Father's Day. Will they do anything special for the Dads?

Thanks in advance

3. Open seating is used when the ship is in port for most or all of the evening. Essentially every passenger and every MDR has Anytime Dining for the night. You can go to any dining room you want, when you want, and request the size table you want. It is our experience that a number of passengers will eat in port that evening, so there is no delay getting a table. It is also an opportunity to have dinner with people you have met during the cruise

We leave for our dream cruise in less than 2 weeks and I have a couple of questions. We are cruising on the crown to Alaska on the 18th and are booked in one of the sideways inside cabins. It is our 25th wedding Anniversary, our second cruise and the first to Alaska. (Ok, I think that takes care of the basics)

1. Is Alaska humid? We Live in Vegas (very dry) and I need extra hair products if it's humid...my hair goes into shock :)

Yes, if it is wet or raining, it will be humid. Current humidity in Juneau is 90%

2. I have read that sail away out of Seattle has restrictions. Can we expect any sail away celebration and if so where is a good spot for the fun.

3. I read a mention that a couple of nights will be "open seating" for dinner. We are reserved for traditional late seating and wonder how this works. (I know I will find out on board but it's fun to dream and prepare)

On days when the ships stays on port late, they may have open seating.

4. We are on board for Father's Day. Will they do anything special for the Dads?

I would plan ahead just in case they don't. :D

Thanks in advance

Hope this helps.

We just got off the Crown. There was a deck party leaving Seattle with a live band. No restriction on our cruise.

As for humid, it can be foggy and rainy.

They had open seating the last night because we were in Victoria from 7PM to midnight.

We just got off the Crown. There was a deck party leaving Seattle with a live band. No restriction on our cruise.

There are ALWAYS noise restrictions in Seattle. If they have a deck party, they keep it quiet until they are past a certain point. Whether they have a deck party seems to depend on the cruise director. We've had years where they had a deck party, and other years where the "sail away" party was in the atrium, which is pointless.

There are ALWAYS noise restrictions in Seattle. If they have a deck party, they keep it quiet until they are past a certain point. Whether they have a deck party seems to depend on the cruise director. We've had years where they had a deck party, and other years where the "sail away" party was in the atrium, which is pointless.

It didn't start immediately after muster drill (it started at 5:00 instead) so I guess that was the restriction. Hadn't considered it being a restriction but guess so.

If held, the hosted sail away party will be around the Lido Pool and the deck above. There will be dancing, live music, some prizes, probably the drawings for the "treasure hunt". It is the action place. I always enjoy the sail away, even after so many cruises.

Some passengers wish to avoid the hosted party and head to the Outrigger Bar which a quieter area.

Thanks in advance

Being from Arizona, I understand the issue. Your cruise is on the ocean, you will be surrounded by water or right next to it when in port. It will always be more humid than Nevada or Arizona! :D

If held, the hosted sail away party will be around the Lido Pool and the deck above. There will be dancing, live music, some prizes, probably the drawings for the "treasure hunt". It is the action place. I always enjoy the sail away, even after so many cruises.

Some passengers wish to avoid the hosted party and head to the Outrigger Bar which a quieter area.

May be a silly question but what's the 'treasure hunt'

The treasure hunt is similar to a scavenger hunt. You pick up a card and go to the various venues around the ship getting a stamp. They have a drawing for prizes such as a free massage or maybe a free trip to the sanctuary. It's a great way to find your way around the ship and find out all the different things that they offer.

The treasure hunt is similar to a scavenger hunt. You pick up a card and go to the various venues around the ship getting a stamp. They have a drawing for prizes such as a free massage or maybe a free trip to the sanctuary. It's a great way to find your way around the ship and find out all the different things that they offer.

Thanks Hunky :)

Great ideas thanks. He only regret I had for my last cruise was that I missed the sail away party ( I think we were unpacking and exploring) so I plan on being there for it this time. Thanks.

Oh and I should of guessed the whole humid thing.... Just never thought it through (feeling silly lol). I guess this is why I am often called a natural blond ;).

Thanks again for the ideas I am so excited it is about my only thought. In fact my family has me on a limit on how long I can go on about the cruise. Having this site provides me a great release. Thanks again.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hunky described the Treasure Hunt for you.

The purpose of it is to expose you to places on the ship where you can spend money.

If there is one thing my wife doesn't need ( A Treasure Hunt ) on were to go and spend money. She is a professional shopper :eek:

Tony

Edited by Lucky TGO