5 ships in Ketchikan, 6/6/16, 3 are Princess

Surely they aren't tendering?

Would you rather they be making everyone swim to the shore? :D

If more than four ships in Ketchikan, tendering is required for the (un)lucky one(s). I assume Grand Princess was scheduled to from the start as she does a less regular rotation than the seven day cruises--happened to us on the ex-San Francisco sailing many years ago as well. And poor Island Princess drew the short straw with one berth now out of service. So now it looks like any day with more than three ships at Ketchikan will feature tendering the rest of this summer.

(Hopefully Celebrity will be the odd ship out, always tendering if not cancelled entirely until the claim against them is settled).

Edited by fishywood

Theres a thread explaining what happened in Ketchikan.

Celebrity ship rammed into one of the docks, got damaged &

the pier was damaged. Believe this happened Sat. during 45mph gusts.:eek: Theres video of it posted. (I don't have it)

Long story short, its going to be awhile before theres parking space

for all the ships.

Can you say Hello Tenders.;)

Edited by CalLuvsCrusingToo

Theres a thread explaining what happened in Ketchikan.

Celebrity ship rammed into one of the docks, got damaged &

the pier was damaged. Believe this happened Sat. during 45mph gusts.:eek: Theres video of it posted. (I don't have it)

Long story short, its going to be awhile before theres parking space

for all the ships.

Can you say Hello Tenders.;)

Thread is titled: Cruise Ship Plows into Ketchikan Dock.

(might be on page 2)

Is there any way to find out in advance if your ship will tender in Ketchikan or Juneau? Is this posted anywhere on the Princess site? We're on the Island this June and I'd like to plan on what I suspect will be a delay in both leaving and returning to the ship. I've seen some posts on the Princess forums where pax know if their ship is tendering. Any suggestion on how to get this info?

Thanks

Is there any way to find out in advance if your ship will tender in Ketchikan or Juneau? Is this posted anywhere on the Princess site? We're on the Island this June and I'd like to plan on what I suspect will be a delay in both leaving and returning to the ship. I've seen some posts on the Princess forums where pax know if their ship is tendering. Any suggestion on how to get this info?

Thanks

The itinerary in your Cruise Personalizer will indicate which ports are tender ports.

Of course, if there's been a change due to the dock damage in Ketchikan, I don't know if or when that itinerary is updated. You might only be able to tell by watching what the Island does on the visits preceding yours.

We were told by out TA that we were being tendered in Ketchikan. And I noticed it was noted in our itinerary on the Princess Cruise personalizer. Guess we won't be the only ones out there next week when we're in Ketchikan! I just hope we can off the ship early as we are signed up for the Misty Fjords excursion with Princess!

There are FIVE ships in Ketchikan today (6/6/16)...and berth 3 isn't available. Attached is a bridge cam timeline from the 3 Princess ships.

Enjoy![ATTACH]387332[/ATTACH]

This may sound like a silly question but as a newbie (NEVER cruised before!) where do you go to find out how many ships will be in Port on your day? I've seen several posts about this I'm wondering how you find this information out?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

This may sound like a silly question but as a newbie (NEVER cruised before!) where do you go to find out how many ships will be in Port on your day? I've seen several posts about this I'm wondering how you find this information out?

cruisetimetables dot com

This link for Alaska ports is a little cleaner and quicker way to see the schedule.

http://claalaska.com/?page_id=632

Surely they aren't tendering? Well, I guess it is their only choice.

Princes did not tender any ship today. Im on the Crown. Another cruise line did tender. There are four births in Ketchican. :):(