Over the door shoe organizer

tootsie7

I am looking for an organizer that has adjustable hooks. I have taken these before and the door is always too thick for the hooks.

Instead of trying to hang it on the bathroom door, hang it on one of the closet doors instead. That's what we do. The closet doors aren't as thick. ;)

FYI

We recognize some of our guests like to decorate their staterooms and we, too, love seeing your creative decorations. However, for safety reasons, we must ask that you abide by the following guidelines for decorating your stateroom door as well as the interior of your stateroom.

• Only use fire retardant materials; items sprayed with fire retardant spray are not acceptable.
  • Decorations may only be placed on the stateroom door and not the surrounding frame, walls or railings.
  • To affix materials to your stateroom door, you may use magnets and Command Strips.
  • Do not use adhesives such as tape or glue that will leave residue.
  • Over-the-door hanging organizers may only be used if they are fire retardant and do not damage the door. (Must hang inside the stateroom.)
  • No decorations of any kind on balconies.
  • No string lights of any kind.

Did a cruise with my sister's, 3 women in a cabin. There is not plenty of space in the bathroom with 3 women. We took one, worked great. We hung it on a closet door. We are going again in October with our niece. With 4 women we will have one again. But I am going to buy the command brand hooks to hang them with.

Be careful what you buy because most have been banned on Carnival ships (fire hazard)

FYI

We recognize some of our guests like to decorate their staterooms and we, too, love seeing your creative decorations. However, for safety reasons, we must ask that you abide by the following guidelines for decorating your stateroom door as well as the interior of your stateroom.

• Only use fire retardant materials; items sprayed with fire retardant spray are not acceptable.
  • Decorations may only be placed on the stateroom door and not the surrounding frame, walls or railings.
  • To affix materials to your stateroom door, you may use magnets and Command Strips.
  • Do not use adhesives such as tape or glue that will leave residue.
  • Over-the-door hanging organizers may only be used if they are fire retardant and do not damage the door. (Must hang inside the stateroom.)
  • No decorations of any kind on balconies.
  • No string lights of any kind.

If there is a possibility of the hooks damaging the door, just cover them with a little duct tape. The room stewards are far too busy to concern themselves with whether or not the organizer is fire retardant. I've never heard of anyone's organizer being tested to determine if it's fire retardant, or removed.

If there is a possibility of the hooks damaging the door, just cover them with a little duct tape. The room stewards are far too busy to concern themselves with whether or not the organizer is fire retardant. I've never heard of anyone's organizer being tested to determine if it's fire retardant, or removed.

so you know the rules and have decided that this one shouldn't really apply to you and you are advising that this rule shouldn't apply to anyone else?

I pack our bathroom stuff in those plastic shoe boxes. Pack it, tape it shut. On arrival put it on the shelf. Need items pull the box out. Done, put it back on the shelf. I think the ones I used fit on a shelf under the sink. Can't remember, but keeps everything in one container. I dislike clutter on the sink.

so you know the rules and have decided that this one shouldn't really apply to you and you are advising that this rule shouldn't apply to anyone else?

When I buy something, such as a mattress, that has one of those tags that says "Do not remove under penalty of law", I remove it. And if I see a sign that says "Wet paint. Do not touch.", I touch it. And I have been known to wear white after Labor Day. Yes indeed. I'm a rebel. :D

I use a shoe organizer on most of our cruises. I get mine from walmart. It's great to keep all the little things in one spot rather than scattered around the room on the desk, in drawers or on shelves. I've never had problems with it fitting on any bathroom door nor have I damaged a door.

I pack our bathroom stuff in those plastic shoe boxes. Pack it, tape it shut. On arrival put it on the shelf. Need items pull the box out. Done, put it back on the shelf. I think the ones I used fit on a shelf under the sink. Can't remember, but keeps everything in one container. I dislike clutter on the sink.

i use the plastic bins that they sell three or four for a dollar at $$ tree and other stores. i "preload" them and put them in a ziplock bag for transport, one for bathroom stuff and another for odds and ends in the desk. Makes it super easy to unpack quickly too. I take a couple extra for my travel companion to keep their stuff together too.

When I buy something, such as a mattress, that has one of those tags that says "Do not remove under penalty of law", I remove it. And if I see a sign that says "Wet paint. Do not touch.", I touch it. And I have been known to wear white after Labor Day. Yes indeed. I'm a rebel. :D

Lol..I always have to laugh at the cruisers who think they are "the cruise police"..no matter what you say they think it is their job to smack your wrist. Maybe they own part of the ship..Carnival will let you know if you are wrong and if need be will take a non legal item..thank you for trying to be helpful..but somtimes to me it just seems like bossiness if it is not a danger. 😘

but somtimes to me it just seems like bossiness if it is not a danger. 😘

hmmm - non flamable on a ship... your right.. we shouldnt care about this. its only in the middle of the ocean. no danger there

your right... just bossiness :rolleyes:

hmmm - non flamable on a ship... your right.. we shouldnt care about this. its only in the middle of the ocean. no danger there

your right... just bossiness :rolleyes:

Fire is the biggest danger to you on a ship. I agree.

i've been on like 8 cruises and yet to find a need for them..why are people bring on soo much stuff?

Blowed if I know.

Plenty of shelf space and Mrs a Gut takes all sorts of junk for her face and hair and skin and whatever.