Is there enough storage in disabled balcony cabin for 3 people?

billy10

I was looking at pics of accessible balcony cabin & noticed there is no overhead cabinet over the bed, I was planning on using that for my things since there are 3 of us in cabin so just wondering if anyone know if there is enough room for storage for 3 adults 2 of us are not disabled thanks for any info

you are right I didn't give enough information we are 3 guys & it is 11 day cruise on Equinox no sports equipment just clothing thanks for your response

Have you tried calling X themselves? Or searching online using the cabin number. I was on the Equinox last fall, my room was not laid out like the picture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did call x they told me to check pics on website & that's where I noticed there was no overhead bin over the bed that I was planning on but thanks

No posts for the cabin number?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You shouldn't have any problems if you take a normal amount of luggage. We've gone on an 11 night cruise and not used the overhead storage. They will have one closet and it may be tight with three people. Maybe just pack some stuff in packing bins so you feel a bit more organized and you can slip those under the bed....that is, if someone in the group is able to easily get on the floor to pull them out as needed. There will be no additional storage space but you will have more floor space.

thanks for all the help that pic of 7143 is not even a handicapped cabin I know all the the balcony cabins have the over the bed storage have been on theses ships many times but never in a handicapped cabin

Stayed in an accessible concierge cabin on the Equinox in November 2014. There was plenty of room for 3 people. But storage was tight. I unpacked my parents stuff but I basically lived out of my suitcase (you're right - there is not an overhead storage compartment like in regular cabins).

The issue we had was the 3rd bed. It wasn't a regular sofa bed but the chair folded out and the mattress was no more than 10 inches off the floor.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showp...00&postcount=4

I was in an accessible cabin on Reflection in April/May. The room was a lovely size and we were really happy in it. It was a last-minute booking and all that were left were accessible rooms, so we felt we did very well.

I was initially concerned about storage. There is one double cupboard for hanging things. Our clothes were quite jammed in when we started but towards the end there was more space as David tended to leave his clothes 'hanging' on the couch! There are quite a few drawers in the unit under the TV, and these were useful. There are also 2 bedside units that will hold various things.

I would agree with those who suggest keeping some clothes in suitcases under the bed. David did a bit of that on a previous cruise. His spoken reasoning was that he wanted to leave as much space in the wardrobe for me as possible; the unspoken was that he couldn't be bothered hanging them up! There was plenty of space to pull out suitcases.

We had to ask the steward for extra hangers. The ones they brought us were generally wire hangers, so did not take up much space in the wardrobe.

Just to give you an idea of how much space there was, both of us had suitcases containing the full 23kg allowance, plus carry-on bags of 10kg. We tended to wear different outfits each evening, even if we wore the same clothes 2 or 3 times during the day.

Billy, there are some good threads with storage/packing tips and I picked up this from one of them. Over the door shoe organizers are really cheap at Dollar or online. Perfect for toiletries hanging inside the bathroom door:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001F51AHG/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_2?pf_rd_p=1944687722&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B000IXOH7G&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=VXND0NS22NBN8EAFPE1T

Go to http://www.cruisedeckplans.com. Choose Public site, choose your cruiseline, then your ship. In this case, choose Silhouette. scroll down on the left to Verandah cabins, click on Handicap cabin. There are extensive pictures of the interior of cabin 7139. Also a couple of 7143 and 7139 on Eclipse, as well as 7143 on Solstice. Ignore the pics on Equinox as they are not of a HC cabin. It is a pay site to view most cabin photos, but they make the pics of HC cabins available without membership. EM

We have had 7145 (HC cabin next to 7143) on the Reflection for three transatlantics and the storage space was adequate for the two of us but I think would be a bit too cozy to have squeezed in a third person.

I try and travel lite. 2 pairs of nice jeans, 2 pairs of shorts, 4 polo's, 3 shirts, 4 t-shirts. 1 pair of flip flops, 1 pair nice blue boat shoes for day and night. 1 pair of dress shoes if you must. socks and underwear, 2 swim suits. You can always send out laundry.

thanks for all the help that pic of 7143 is not even a handicapped cabin I know all the the balcony cabins have the over the bed storage have been on theses ships many times but never in a handicapped cabin

Hi, you are right; that is not an accessible cabin. I use acessible cabins, and you are right: no over the bed shelves. The dresser has 4 relatively shallow drawers approx 6-7" deep, and two deeper drawers approx 11" deep. The closet has a shelf over the hanging rod, and there is a second hanging rod in the closet at half height which would allow you to hang items one above the other if you fold slacks/jeans over the hangar. You have plenty of bathroom storage space, so no problems there.

When I travel with a friend, as I recently did for a 23 nt B2B, we each also bring 2 of those small light folding fabric boxes to hold stuff on the shelves of the nightstand. Really, if 2 women who overpack (6-7 pr of shoes each!:eek: ) have enough room, I think you three guys will.:)