Question about champagne in Concierge class

Cybercsp

Hello,

To our utter delight, our guarantee cabin (G) for our 6/13 Sirena cruise landed us in an A2 Concierge Balcony cabin. If we choose to take the complimentary champagne to the dining room, will we be charged for corkage?

That is, of course, if we do not open it on the balcony!! SO Excited about our upcoming cruise!

Sometimes we have taken the champagne to dinner and shared with the others (generally not if we were more than 4) ... or have it in our cabin ...

It's up to you! We're not real champagne drinkers so we like to share it with another couple, but it's entirely up to you.

Mura

We were able to have the concierge exchange the bottle of champagne for a bottle of wine. Don't be afraid to ask!

I did not think they did that anymore??

How long ago did you exchange it?

I recall the same thing, Lyn ... read it here. The last time we wanted to switch there was no problem, but for us that was at least two years ago.

I don't know why they decided no longer to permit the switch ... there must be a reason but for me, it doesn't really make sense. Then again, I don't stock the ship with any of its supplies.

Mura

I recall the same thing, Lyn ... read it here. The last time we wanted to switch there was no problem, but for us that was at least two years ago.

I don't know why they decided no longer to permit the switch ... there must be a reason but for me, it doesn't really make sense. Then again, I don't stock the ship with any of its supplies.

Mura

I remember May '15 cruise we drank the Champs because we could not swap it

They probably had a stockpile of Champagne taking up space for all the swapping out to wine ;)

If you bring your complimentary bottle of bubbly from your room to a dining venue, ask and they can likely swap it for a bottle of the same bubbly that is already chilled :)

At least they have done so for us (iirc it was our server's suggestion).