Print at home luggage tag bug... just me?

LarissaRose

Was trying to print my luggage tags at home today, this is how they should print out:

18odae.jpg

However, they will only print as 2 pages, page one looking like this:

20kc3lj.png

and page two looking like this:

123ulis.jpg

Anyone else having this issue? If I can never get it to print properly is it a big deal / annoyance to get new ones at the port? thanks!

I always try and print it once and then give up, throw it away and just pick some up at port. There is always someone with loads giving them out, just remember to take a pen so you can write on it - and remember your room number! Last time I had a total mental blank and was hunting around for my paper work and realised I had left it all at home (the other side of the Atlantic). Nearly a disaster, but thanks to fabulous NCL staff we were ok :)

Lots of people have this problem, there are threads about it periodically. Probably an issue with your print parameters or page setup (page size, image scaling, headers/footers, whatever). You could waste a bunch of paper trying to figure it out, or you could just use the page that came out with your cabin number on it. That's all the information they need to get your bags to you.

If you get a tag from the porters, they will also just write your cabin number on it. I'm sure the colors are helpful in some way, but they are not absolutely necessary.

OP, did you go into your printer setting and tweak it ... disable headers & footers, minimal margins and use (if available) print-to-fit all in 1 page ??

I seemed to remember that one time, we use the print to PDF function first, and then zoom out to fit everything, once happy with the on-screen preview format, print it out. Then, fill in the details & fold, then secure to luggage.

I did my 1 week cruise and I put everything inside my 20" carry on luggage and it go thru screening just fine.

Nothing to print and pay nobody tips and its always with me.

Edited by chong67

Was trying to print my luggage tags at home today, this is how they should print out:

Here's a hint,,, if you can grab the image the way you did, then just paste it into a document (MS Word, WordPad or similar) and print it.

We actually grab the image, and squeeze it so it is not so wide and fits better on our luggage. Nothing magic about the size. Just need the room number (and the color helps the staff visually sort through the bags).

If you resort to the porters, make triple sure that they write the correct room number, legibly, on their tags. Otherwise you may not see your bag for a while.

Edited by BirdTravels

Thanks for all the replies! Glad to know it's not just me! Seems like something NCL would be aware of though so odd that it appears to have been an issue for so many others / for so long.

What browser are you trying to print off of? Sometimes I have trouble with Google Chrome on stuff like this and just revert back to Internet Explorer. Things seem to be default designed for IE.

I use safari, don't even have that devil Internet Explorer on my mac ;)

Here's a hint,,, if you can grab the image the way you did, then just paste it into a document (MS Word, WordPad or similar) and print it.

We actually grab the image, and squeeze it so it is not so wide and fits better on our luggage. Nothing magic about the size. Just need the room number (and the color helps the staff visually sort through the bags).

If you resort to the porters, make triple sure that they write the correct room number, legibly, on their tags. Otherwise you may not see your bag for a while.

I didn't even think of this! Was just annoyed that it so obviously doesn't work how NCL has it set up. Great idea thanks :)