Escape Wake Up Call?

Nator72

The phone in the room can do all of that. That works very well, very efficient; but remember there are NO clocks in ordinary cabins.

Room Service also works well when they bring you coffee and chocolate croissants.

Are the chocolate croissants part of the free continental breakfast you still get from Room Service?

Casofilia - you will be pleased to know, at the moment, answer is yest - those small chocolate croissant (and regular ones) are still available as part of free Continental Breakfast Room Service, with a service charge or mandatory gratuity ... at least on the Breakaway. Here's the "Order Form" - fill it out & place it outside the stateroom by 4 AM for morning delivery, from 6:30 to 10 AM (and, you get a "wake-up" call that it's on the way, usually in 5 to 10 minutes.)

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160524/87b75c131ac6c7ad92ad5da4c97e0442.jpg

You can also find them still in the Garden Cafe (buffet).

I'm still trying to wrap my head around "alarm clock." :) I guess you find them in the same aisle as typewriter ribbons.

LOL! I know. But I have heard that the clocks on our cell phones don't work on the ship (for some reason the time doesn't adjust to the correct time).

Funny story about finding old things in the store. My husband is currently on a vinyl kick and he went to Walmart to look for a record player. He asked a girl who works there if they had any and explained what it was. She said, "oh, you mean like a juke box?"

LOL! I know. But I have heard that the clocks on our cell phones don't work on the ship (for some reason the time doesn't adjust to the correct time).

Funny story about finding old things in the store. My husband is currently on a vinyl kick and he went to Walmart to look for a record player. He asked a girl who works there if they had any and explained what it was. She said, "oh, you mean like a juke box?"

While on the ship, you switch your phone to manual time zone setting (vs. automatic). And use your phone as your alarm clock. Yes, you can also use the cabin phone as an alarm clock also.

Can we request a wake up call in our cabin, or should I bring an alarm clock?

Yes you can get a wake up call through the phone in your room. But beware the phone is on the desk so it will require you to get out of bed to answer the call. :-(

Time doesn't change or update on the Escape sailing, so no need to worry about your phone time adjusting. It doesn't have to.

While on the ship, you switch your phone to manual time zone setting (vs. automatic). And use your phone as your alarm clock. Yes, you can also use the cabin phone as an alarm clock also.

I agree, schedule the wake up call through the phone but ALWAYS set your phone as a backup. One morning they never called (probably wife entry error) but my phone alarm woke us up on-time! Be sure to change your phone's time from auto to manual otherwise your clock might show the incorrect time.

• 4 weeks later...
Casofilia - you will be pleased to know, at the moment, answer is yest - those small chocolate croissant (and regular ones) are still available as part of free Continental Breakfast Room Service, with a service charge or mandatory gratuity ... at least on the Breakaway. Here's the "Order Form" - fill it out & place it outside the stateroom by 4 AM for morning delivery, from 6:30 to 10 AM (and, you get a "wake-up" call that it's on the way, usually in 5 to 10 minutes.)

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160524/87b75c131ac6c7ad92ad5da4c97e0442.jpg

You can also find them still in the Garden Cafe (buffet).

Hello friend,

Is continental breakfast completely "FREE" or involves service charge / mandatory gratuities?

Is continental breakfast completely "FREE" or involves service charge / mandatory gratuities?

Yes & No. It really isn't "Free" but already covered as part of your mandatory DSC for each person in the stateroom. Up until now, they do NOT add on other service charge or mandatory gratuities or supplement (it's called "restocking fee" for any Mini-Bar items)

However, it is customary for us - depending on the quantity ordered, that we cash tip the delivery person, directly and in cash - usually $2 to $3, or higher if there's 3 of us with a bigger "order". But as you saw, the choices are rather limited - the option for a plate of fresh fruit is gone. We do not see values in paying $7.95 for 2 or even 3 small bowls of oatmeal, others do.

Enjoy - just make sure you make space for the room tray, especially on the *Away staterooms.

Hello friend,

There is no charge for the Continental Breakfast.

They delivery is expecting a tip although he won't be obvious about it.