Promenade View Inside Stateroom

Did a cruise on Freedom with Promenade view, enjoyed being able to people watch and see the parades in the promenade. Just search Explorer of the Seas Promenade and you should see lots of pictures where you can see the windows overlooking the promenade.

We had a promenade on Explorer. We enjoyed the people watching from the window seat. We watched the parades from there also. Couldn't hear anything but could see all the fun people were having.

We missed our balcony though. We really enjoy a balcony for coffee in the morning and wine at night. But, promenade cabins are much more economical.

I sailed in one of these cabins on Explorer a few years ago (Cape Liberty to Bermuda). It is important to realize that you are directly across the Promenade from other cabins. With curtains open, you can see in their cabins and they can see in yours (albeit from a distance). I was not comfortable with that (just my personal paranoia) and so I kept my drapes closed most of the time (sort of defeating the purpose of having a view of the Promenade).

My advice to anyone is if the only way you can afford to cruise is to book an interior (or Promenade) cabin, go ahead and book it. ANY cruise is better than NO cruise. But if you can afford to book an ocean view, go for it. It is so lovely to look out at the water (AND to see where you are at any given time).

Good luck with your travel plans. Explorer is a great ship. Friends just traveled on her from Sydney to Seattle and a few weeks later other friends sailed her to Alaska. They all had a wonderful time.

k.

We have never had a promenade cabin. On a smaller ship(Freedom or Voyager class) i could see booking one some day . As someone else said, others can see into your cabin so keep the drapes closed when changing. On an Oasis class ship I would prefer something with a view of the water as there are not so many places on the big ladies to to do this other than your balcony

We are in a balcony on our Freedom cruise this December, but typically do inside rooms as it allows us to cruise more often and we're really not in our rooms that much. My wife does prefer the Promenade rooms as she likes the little sitting area by the window and even that little extra space gives her the feeling that the room is quite a bit bigger.

Go ahead and book them without concern, they really are great rooms and usually aren't much more than the other inside cabins. Don't be concerned with any possible noise from the promenade or having the window (the curtains work just fine), and enjoy!

Thank you everyone!

We've sailed in these a couple of times, if you do book one then go for deck 7, deck 6 could be just above a noisy venue and deck 8 might have a limited view for people watching on the promenade.

We've sailed in these a couple of times, if you do book one then go for deck 7, deck 6 could be just above a noisy venue and deck 8 might have a limited view for people watching on the promenade.

We've sailed in PR cabins on both the Navigator and Mariner and agree with this. I would also add to try not to get connecting rooms (unless you're sailing with family) as you can really hear the neighbors through the door :)

Remember to bring something to put in your window so you can look up from the Promenade and see which is your room LOL.

We've sailed in PR cabins on both the Navigator and Mariner and agree with this. I would also add to try not to get connecting rooms (unless you're sailing with family) as you can really hear the neighbors through the door :)

Remember to bring something to put in your window so you can look up from the Promenade and see which is your room LOL.

On Oasis, I put a box of Cereal in window, and on Adv of the Seas I put one of the Towel Animals in the window. :)

Stayed in a PR cabin on the Adventure and enjoyed it. Never really noticed too much noise except when they had the disco party in the promenade. Was also nice to have a window in an interior. We never felt trapped and it made the room feel a little bigger.

I'm on the outside of the opinions here. I stayed in a PR stateroom once and never again. The room's dimensions include the footage for the window eat, so unless you plan to sit there a lot, it's a waste of space.

My biggest complaint was that the window was double-paned (noise reduction?) and was a bit foggy between the layers. It was like looking out a dirty window with no way to clean it.

I also was turned off by seeing into everyone else's stateroom and the necessity f keeping my curtains closed for a large portion of the time I was in my stateroom.

I knew what I was getting into when I booked the stateroom, but took it anyhow because I was traveling with a group and we got excellent prices on that category of stateroom.

I like the window, but am not a fan of the layout when traveling with another person. In a regular interior or ocean view cabin, you can separate the sleeping area from the bathroom and desk with the curtain. In a PR cabin, the desk (aka vanity area) is on opposite the side of the beds from the bathroom. You have to "scoot" around the beds to get from there to the bathroom and back. There's really no way to avoid waking up the other person.

Not a fan either. The layout is cramped. You get trapped on the sofa when your lady is putting on her makeup

Cramped? Whatever do you mean? :cool::D

492d95d5.jpg

0204eb6b.jpg

887095d6.jpg

d1dbdc4e.jpg

Edited by ryano

We have one booked for September on Liberty.

Our friends had one during our last September cruise and it was really cool. We would watch the parade and the dancing and wave at people down there. It was fun.

All our cruises have been balconies but we decided to try it out. It should be more exciting that staring into the inky blackness at night. But less exciting that having breakfast and watching the sun rise...

Decisions, decision.

I like the window, but am not a fan of the layout when traveling with another person. In a regular interior or ocean view cabin, you can separate the sleeping area from the bathroom and desk with the curtain. In a PR cabin, the desk (aka vanity area) is on opposite the side of the beds from the bathroom. You have to "scoot" around the beds to get from there to the bathroom and back. There's really no way to avoid waking up the other person.

Yep, exactly what I was trying to say