Platinum Laundry Bag Question

shkeh

We are setting sail in a few weeks and on board for 14 days. Does anyone know if you can use your platinum laundry perk on any day or does it have to be when NCL offers the "fill the bag" special? Thanks in advance to the more experienced cruisers.

You can submit your laundry any day. Should be overnight service (vs. 2 day service on the Fill-a-Bag). Avoid the fill-a-bag day. On the 7-night cruises, we submit our bags the day after the fill-a-bag. Last month on the Escape, it came back on the same day.

Here's a trick on squeezing every last inch of air space out, rolling and tightly filling up that free Platinum laundry (yes, still 1 bag free per member in the stateroom, on longer sailing - do first bag on day 4 or 5 and 2nd. bag on day 8 or 9, etc. depending on total # of days: bring one of those plastic hotel laundry bag as a liner (or, if you forgot, ask RS for an extra pillow - to use as insert) inside the large & flat paper laundry bag, write in your info (Platinum, name & stateroom #) first.

Start rolling & inserting after a full count, as on the BA - they insist on an itemized count of # of pieces and types, etc. - before putting them into the bag. Don't need to seal the bag shut - we use a T-Shirt as a folding flap that help keep the contents inside the bag without spilling, then, RS will take care of sending it & picking it up and return on the next day (ours came back after lunch) - 7 nights, we did ours a day after the Stuff-the-Bag Specials at $19.95 for everyone else, to avoid the "rush".

Let your RS the night before or in the morning on your way to the morning jog or breakfast or going ashore that you have laundry waiting, so s/he can make the effort & get it downstairs to the laundry center (it's huge & very impressive) - otherwise, they might not get it returned early on the next day.

Bonus when it's done, folded & return in the basket, you get them "tagged" - this was ours - 1 bag, piled high and if this was charged by the pieces with regular ship pricing, would come to a little over $120's worth ... it's a nice perk.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160527/3bdf8f87d2db189897fe69ea69c3b061.jpg

What is meant by this perk? Does HAL offer it?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

HAL does offer a fill the bag special but for HAL laundry perks you'd need to ask on the HAL board about it. The discussion here is about the free fill the bag that NCL platinum members get, once per week's cruise.

Edited by NMLady

HAL does offer a fill the bag special but for HAL laundry perks you'd need to ask on the HAL board about it. The discussion here is about the free fill the bag that NCL platinum members get, once per week's cruise.

We are on a 14 day repositioning cruise on Oct 28. Do we each only get one free fill the bag for the whole cruise. Also thought I read somewhere that they had changed from the paper bag to a mesh bag. I can't believe how much stuff my husband can get into one of those bags. He's taken it to a whole new art form!

Again, this is specific to NCL for those with confirmed Platinum status, info & instructions are part of your "Welcome Abroad" packet, in a silver envelope placed in the stateroom.

Whether it's a 7 nights, 10 nights or 14 nights or longer sailing - current benefits, subject to change, is that each member (whether in same or split into different staterooms) get his/her one (1) free bag of laundry only, on any day (except the last Sea Day) done & returned by the next day, washed & folded - at no charge.

If there is 2 of you and on a 10 to 14 days itinerary, plan & split your bags on different days - pick your days accordingly.

No mesh bag, still using the same old paper bag - pictured here previously - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64025118/NCL%20Cruising%20-%20General/IMG1504171326NCL-LB.jpg

If you are on a B2B and book it as 2 separate itinerary, you should get 4 bags of laundry instead of 2 bags for 2 Platinum members booking as a single sailing. If there are 3 platinum in a stateroom, all 3 of you would get your own free laundry.

When in doubt, once onboard, see the Latitude rep (ususally, it's the Future Cruise consultants at the Shorex Desk) for help. The computers on the ship's Internet Cafe (and your own PC's) will always connect free to the NCL dot com website to lookup any changes in T&C and terms while you are on the ship and I had success logging into MYNCL dot com to check what's in our accounts.

There's been discussions and/or unconfirmed info about changes to the Latitude perks forthcoming and should that happen prior to "your" cruise ... everything will be subject to change, with and without notices.

Happy cruise planning.

If you are on a B2B and book it as 2 separate itinerary, you should get 4 bags of laundry instead of 2 bags for 2 Platinum members booking as a single sailing.

I suggest anyone interested in Platinum Rewards on B2B cruises check just what you can expect.

We have booked B2B as a single cruise on more than one occasion and still get a repeat of all the rewards at the start of the second part of the cruise.

I have heard that the FC staff just get a list of those who are aboard (for the second part of a B2B) and their status with no mention if they are new cruisers, single bookings or double bookings.

• 3 weeks later...
I would like to put out more than two bags on my 12 night cruise, yes platinum status. May I put out more bags at $20 per bag whenever I want? Or just the one time?

Platinum perk can be used anytime. However the $20 special is only on days when NCL notifies passengers of the special. On a 12 day cruise there should be two soecials days.

Pretty sure it's just whatever temperature they'd normally do. You'd be surprised at the size of those machines and how much they stuff into them. They had one machine broke on the Escape and you couldn't believe the piles of stacked up sheets and towels everywhere! Another suggestion might be to photo what you send. I'd wished I had after they brought me someone else's shirt and had to spend time trying to remember what I was missing. Ours came back hung up in the closet on plastic hangers, not folded, which I liked much better. Thanks for the idea of hotel's plastic bag, we always take the one from the pre cruise hotel and use it to fill onboard anyway, might as well put inside that paper bag

Are the items washed in hot water or do the clothes have cold/warm water and a lower setting on the dryer. I am thinking it may not matter with our t-shirts and shorts but of course i am a worrier. ;)

Lets just hope that the laundry crew reads the care and use labels !

Just remember to eat and drink commensurate with the sizing of the clothes

you send in for laundry. Those laundry machines have no respect for diet and

exercise and will not make tailored adjustments ! LOL !!!

I always take a small vial of laundry soap to do hand laundry in the cabin sink

hang in the shower/bath for drying. For rapid drying I use the hair dryer

sparingly. Never hang your laundry on your balcony - causing confusion with

mariners about what your penants are stating to other passing ships ! LOL !

Are the items washed in hot water or do the clothes have cold/warm water and a lower setting on the dryer. I am thinking it may not matter with our t-shirts and shorts but of course i am a worrier. ;)

Let's see. The left washer is probably warm. The right is probably hot. (Apr 2016)

Laundry_1.jpg

Laundry_2.jpg

This is how Guest laundry is processed (trying to get everyone's undies with their socks):

Laundry_3.jpg

Edited by BirdTravels