Dream destination? I would love an itinerary that goes to....

I would like to see the perfect cruise just for me; leave when I want, go to the ports I want, and return home when I want. Oh, did I mention for the price I want? Celebrity, why can't you accommodate me? :D You say it's because of the money...but I'm worth it!

All kidding aside, flying nowadays is for the birds, and cruising is so much more fun!

Edited by Lastdance

While none of the itineraries alone may support a ship I think several could be alternated and make good money with an M class ship once the Edge ships start to come on board:

1. West Coast Cruises

2. Additional Panama Canal cruises

3. Hawaii Cruises

4. Mexico Cruises

5. West Coast of Mexico down to West Coast of South America

6. 10 or 14 day Alaska Cruises from LA or SFO

Base an M Class from LA or SFO or SD year round and you could rotate through these and I bet get good returns and build a west coast following that could love X and start cruising X elsewhere.

LOVE the idea of eastbound and westbound transatlantic with a couple of ports! Not only avoiding long flights as previously mentioned, but also the high air fares!

P&O have really nice "no fly Caribbean" itineraries out of Southampton but the problem is that it's P&O which I have tried and don't care to go back to!

Love some of the suggestions....especially the Indian Ocean...

I have still got plenty of present itineraries yet to do though! So don't cancel any of those still on my 'hit list' for anything new!

My wife is banned from flying (health reasons!). Every year we look forward o see where next years cruises are going to. The result, BORING, same old cruises, often repeated several times. You can only go to a certain ports so many times!

When Eclipse started sailing from Southampton, we did a 17 night cruise to Venice, sadly no longer offered. We are off on Cunard shortly, to try it out, if we like it we will be considering booking one of their Venice or Greek Islands cruises from Southampton next year.

All the islands, not just a few. HAL has one that does this and I'm sure there are other. I notice South Africa was brought up. I just came back from SA and it is fabulous a trip there is more to see and do than a Cruise ship can offer, but if they did one which included the Indian Ocean etc or the east coast of Africa I would be on it. Not sure but I think Costa does one from Europe.

We are thinking about some other cruise lines if the drink package was reasonable, and RCCI perks keep changing so maybe now might be a good time to try another cruise line for the different itineraries.

Edited by north29

I would pick south africa, madagascar,the seychelles,tanzania and kenya

This gets my vote as well. We sailed around South Africa last year on Oceania. Didn't love Oceania and wish Celebrity would sail to ports around Africa and within the Indian Ocean.

Maybe Celebrity will monitor this thread. I don't know about you but despite being incredibly bored of some ports of call I will still continue to cruise. (Think St Thomas, St. Maarten, Nassau, same Baltics, same western Carib, even same Alaska). Obviously there are port limitations, I get that.

So where would you like Celebrity to consider going?

Arctic circle, for example the top end of Norway. Other cruise lines do it so why not X?

What do you think?

We want to do a North Cape of Norway cruise as well. We visited Bergen, Norway on a cruise that included Iceland and some British Isles ports. Norway is beautiful.

Celebrity doesn't have such a cruise, but Royal Caribbean and NCL do have such a cruise. Also, Hurtigen (sp.) has one that stops in many of the small ports since it is a smaller ship.

Might one or two or three of those TA not sell well and the price might have to drop to a point where there is no profit incentive for Celebrity?

I suppose I know the answer, but why doesn't Celebrity to the TA's as charters?

I would think they could give a good (or great) deal to the group and still get more overall revenue vs normal TA?

What about TA's that are not just relocation cruises

in spring and fall but throughout the summer

doing northern and southern routes?

european cruises seem to be going down the reduced number of days route as well

Can we have then do more 14 nighters

or even two 7 b2b with different ports on each leg

More and more cruises appearing repeating the same 7 nights.

Port variety is what we like, i don't know how people keep going on the same cruise to the same ports over and over again.

One more to add:

An extended Alaska round trip from Vancouver that includes ports such as Kodiak, Haines and Sitka, along with Juneau, Ketchikan, and Skagway. Possibly Glacier Bay as well. Skagway and Haines are basically an hour apart by ferry, so they'd need to split that part up somehow.

Since we are still in the working class, shorter itineraries get our vote also. On my wish list, I would love a cruise that includes Easter Island (although I'm sure the last thing the islanders would want is a cruise ship pulling into port):)

We would LOVE a cruise that combines the itinerary of the Tahitian Treasures/South Pacific transit with a full NZ/Tasmania itinerary. We would book that in a heartbeat! :)

I'd book that instantly also.

The old Mercury did almost that. We sailed B2B Honolulu - Auckland and Auckland to Sydney. Only 3 ports in Australia on the second leg, all the rest in NZ. Still our best cruise to date.