Imam "HUNKY DORY" update anyone

PAHORNER

It is my experience with Imam (Hunky Dory) that the ship places him near the gangway on Embarkation Day to greet everyone that he remembers. While waiting for a CC friend to board, I watched him greet a good number of HAL regulars, by name. Talk about shocked looks and then big smiles.

FWIW he also remembers your children if you have told him their names.

It is my experience with Imam (Hunky Dory) that the ship places him near the gangway on Embarkation Day to greet everyone that he remembers. While waiting for a CC friend to board, I watched him greet a good number of HAL regulars, by name. Talk about shocked looks and then big smiles.

FWIW he also remembers your children if you have told him their names.

Great marketing idea! Start the cruise off on a very upbeat note.

Does anyone know if he was ever on Statendam? Back in the early 2010s when I was still doing AYWD a DELIGHTFUL gentleman named Imam was at the podium in MDR deck 4. I'm solo and he immediately learned my name and always placed me at a table with great tablemates. A few years later I was back on Statendam and was still doing AYWD then. Imam was at the podium. He remembered me, gave me a hug, and took great care of me again. Those two cruises were the only times I've ever tipped podium personnel at the end of the cruise. But since then I've done late fixed traditional and never saw him again. Wonder if the subject of the OP of this thread is the same Imam?

Does anyone know if he was ever on Statendam? Back in the early 2010s when I was still doing AYWD a DELIGHTFUL gentleman named Imam was at the podium in MDR deck 4. I'm solo and he immediately learned my name and always placed me at a table with great tablemates. A few years later I was back on Statendam and was still doing AYWD then. Imam was at the podium. He remembered me, gave me a hug, and took great care of me again. Those two cruises were the only times I've ever tipped podium personnel at the end of the cruise. But since then I've done late fixed traditional and never saw him again. Wonder if the subject of the OP of this thread is the same Imam?

Entirely possible. :)

We’re just off the Zaandam, and if he was there, we certainly did not see him, and would have remembered him (and he us, I think)). Many awesome staff everywhere on the ship, though!

This is from my last Alaska cruise on Zuiderdam, September 2011. He was one of the Assistant Dining Room Managers ( I believe he said 3rd Dining Room Manager. At that time he was located on Deck 2's Dining Room.

Here he is in his Uniform.

sm-HD-Imam-Sept-2011-2.jpg.3edf19d173fa04b2f84355da4a30bc0d.jpg

I asked him why he was not going by the name we all knew him as previously, his reply was that in order to move up in ranks, he had to use his real name because "Hunky Dory" just was not professional sounding.

Joanie

Does anybody have a picture of him?