Cruise Critic blocked on my computer.

I have not been able to access Cruise Critic since last night on my computer. I am getting a malware alert from Webroot and it is denying me access. No problems on Tapatalk., which I am using now. Webroot is installed on all of my devices, but only the desktop version is having problems. Is this happening to anyone else?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I have not been able to access Cruise Critic since last night on my computer. I am getting a malware alert from Webroot and it is denying me access. No problems on Tapatalk., which I am using now. Webroot is installed on all of my devices, but only the desktop version is having problems. Is this happening to anyone else?

Yes, I did and at first I clicked on "Get me outta here". Then tried again later and

got the same thing. Clicked on "tell me about it" and apparently there have been

some links reported to have malware on them. Those are links posted by CC members.

I clicked on "continue anyway" and am just very careful about clicking on any suspicious

links. Hopefully the ones that posted those links are innocent about the damage that

they can cause. Or at least I like to think positive about their involvement anyway.

Edited by island lady

I'm seeing a "forbidden site" on an Intrusion Protection System.

I am getting the same message and also both yesterday and today received the message "Shockwave Flash has crashed". I called Geek Squad both days and they fixed the problem, but I am still receiving the Shockwave Flash error :eek:.

I wonder if CC made some changes to their website?

I am getting the same message and also both yesterday and today received the message "Shockwave Flash has crashed". I called Geek Squad both days and they fixed the problem, but I am still receiving the Shockwave Flash error :eek:.

I wonder if CC made some changes to their website?

Either that or the IPS is giving a false positive. The IPS probably gets updated at least daily, so hopefully it will be fixed by tomorrow.

............you don't have a history of posting about booze smuggling do you?..........If yes it could be the new high tech "naughty room".......:D..........or the Russians are REALLY bored......;):D

OH no...is that what it was??!! :eek:

Actually I think my Webroot installation is protecting me from aliens! :p :p

Isn't this just a little over the top when you post this name for your thread?

Cruise Critic blocked on my computer.
:confused:

Cruise Critic did no such thing, your malware program by your own admission did.

As mentioned it could be a false positive.

Cruise Critic did no such thing, your malware program by your own admission did.

Sorry. Yes it was my malware program. Bad choice of words. Love CC, not meant as a slam. I am just frustrated because I prefer to use my computer over Tapatalk when I am at home. I hope it gets fixed soon.

Not really. The OP said in her subject line "Cruise Critic blocked on my computer". She did not say "Cruise Critic blocked my computer". :D

I believe she came her to find out if others were having the same problem and from the posts above, others were.

Edited by cruisenfever

I am really getting tired of accessing through my phone. Hope they fix it soon

Bill, is your access being blocked by your ISP or by a security program installed on your PC?

You also might want to contact CC to let them know. If your security software is still falsely blocking them, they'll be the ones who can contact the people who run that software so they can be removed.

There is a contact us link at the bottom of the page.

Sorry. Yes it was my malware program. Bad choice of words. Love CC, not meant as a slam. I am just frustrated because I prefer to use my computer over Tapatalk when I am at home. I hope it gets fixed soon.

Have you tried what I suggested? When that screen comes up, as it did with

my Webroot program, click on "tell me more about it". Then you will see an

explanation. You then have the opportunity to "continue to site". That is what

I did, and has let me in ever since.

Your security program is just trying to protect you, since it was reported to them

that one or more links posted had malware on them. Just don't click on any links

(as in all internet searching) that you are not sure about.

I am having no problems, and am not clicking on ANY links right now.

Hope this helps.

Call Columbushomepc they will give you the friends and family discount even if your not local, just pay my air fare. Were you clicking on a saved link or favorites. did you try typing in manually - http://boards.cruisecritic.com Sometimes some security programs identify the ads on the main page of CC as a problem. I frequently save a link that comes directly to the RC page, or perhaps the AZ cruisers page in Friends of CC and click to go directly there.

Sheeesh! I think the other 99.9% of us understood that.

I don't know. It just says This site can't be reached. The connection was reset.

This is what I get:

Access Denied IPS Policy

You are attempting to access a forbidden site.

This is what I get:

Access Denied IPS Policy

You are attempting to access a forbidden site.

A forbidden site?? Uh..oh...what did you do Bob??!! ;) :p :p

But seriously, it looks like many of us are having problems. About a year

ago I was blocked totally from getting into the site. I had to completely

reboot my computer, and turn my internet connection off. Restarted

everything and it came back up as normal.

What did we ever do before computers and the internet anyway?? :eek:

Frustrating little electronic boxes!! ;)

Either that or the IPS is giving a false positive. The IPS probably gets updated at least daily, so hopefully it will be fixed by tomorrow.

On our TA I can not post, it comes up "Bad Request" Other threads are no problem:confused: