Platinum wash and fold question.

jayscore

On a seven day cruise, is the wash and fold service three bags per person, or per cabin?

Thanks in advance!;)

Free Platinum laundry is 3 bags per platinum person per 6 or 7 day cruises. One of the best perks after priority boarding.

Edited by evandbob

On a seven day cruise, is the wash and fold service three bags per person, or per cabin?

Thanks in advance!;)

Three bags per platinum guest.

Hubby has done several BTFT (Behind the fun tours). The contents of your bag are transferred to a mesh bag and join others in a commercial washer. Hot water and strong soap. Then the bag goes to a commercial dryer. You items are returned "folded".

We typically send socks, underwear, shorts and tees that are ok to handle the extreme temperatures. Others have said they write on the bag cold water only but I don't know that those instructions are carried out.

Thanks in advance!;)

As far as I know ( I am platinum hubby is not) it goes by status. If you are both Platinum you each get 3 bags. If only one of you is platinum then just the 3. Just be careful what you send out. Have had some stuff get ruined. So anything with special washing I wouldn't send (like something you would hang dry or love). Hope that helps!

Free Platinum laundry is 3 bags per platinum person per 6 or 7 day cruises. One of the best perks after priority boarding.

I totally agree! It helps me travel so much lighter, although by just one cruise I am platinum and my husband is not. It is not a big deal though we still have plenty of washing with my platinum.

Three bags per platinum guest.

Hubby has done several BTFT (Behind the fun tours). The contents of your bag are transferred to a mesh bag and join others in a commercial washer. Hot water and strong soap. Then the bag goes to a commercial dryer. You items are returned "folded".

We typically send socks, underwear, shorts and tees that are ok to handle the extreme temperatures. Others have said they write on the bag cold water only but I don't know that those instructions are carried out.

I do agree however a stranger at the past guest party accidently poured a glass of red wine on my sister's sequenced blouse and we sent it to be washed. It was hung to dry and returned on a separate hanger.

love the laundry perk. Going home with all clean clothing is so nice. They have always hung my dress items and handled them with care. I do suggest you write all your items down for your records. I also take a snap shot of the items laid out on the bed. Two times I lost things. I check my list when I get the clean stuff back. When my blouse was missing I had a picture and they were able to find it for me.:o

I do agree however a stranger at the past guest party accidently poured a glass of red wine on my sister's sequenced blouse and we sent it to be washed. It was hung to dry and returned on a separate hanger.

I would have hoped they dry cleaned a sequenced blouse.

Did you add it to your laundry or was it handled thru staff?

Dry cleaning is available on a few ships.: Carnival Breeze, Carnival Conquest, Carnival Dream, Carnival Freedom, Carnival Glory, Carnival Liberty, Carnival Magic, Carnival Splendor, Carnival Valor, Carnival Victory and Carnival Vista.

I just wanted to add that while the limit is 3 bags per platinum guest per week, a non platinum cruiser sharing a cabin with the platinum guest can certainly throw some items into any of those 3 bags. The laundry doesn't all have to be from the one platinum.

On my next cruise in one week, I'll get the next step of this perk, unlimited laundry, as a Diamond cruiser.

We also take a pic of what we send out. Mom and Sis have a funny story of their steward trying to figure out who's red shirt he had in his hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Love the laundry perk. I wouldn't send out anything too fancy but everything I do send always comes back fine. Usually have someone in my cabin that isn't platinum and they just add to my bag. Also love going home with mostly clean cloths.

Why would you need 6 bags of laundry on a 6 or 7 day cruise? When I was in Vietnam,

my maid washed and ironed my clothes everyday by hand. I only needed 2 sets of clothes. I guess you can wear your clothes on Monday and send them them to be cleaned on Tuesday and then wear them on Wednesday, ect. Now I understand, you only take 2 changes of clothes per person and alternate the cleaning. If it works for you okay!

Why would you need 6 bags of laundry on a 6 or 7 day cruise? When I was in Vietnam,

my maid washed and ironed my clothes everyday by hand. I only needed 2 sets of clothes. I guess you can wear your clothes on Monday and send them them to be cleaned on Tuesday and then wear them on Wednesday, ect. Now I understand, you only take 2 changes of clothes per person and alternate the cleaning. If it works for you okay!

The bags aren't that big. And on our upcoming 10 day cruise, I expect to use 6 bags of laundry (my wife and I) for our trip. 2 bags total for 3 times during 10 days is not too much.

It also helps to not have to pack so much cloths since we don't want to pack an extra bag and pay for checked bags on the flight.

I just don't understand why anyone has to do laundry on a 7 night cruise free or not.

Wife has had rotator cuff surgery and would be hard for her to deal with second large suitcase, wheels or not.

Therefore with laundry we take one large suitcase, carryon bag and laptop bag and we are good to go:)