Ez Air Question

sassycruiser

Hello,

I need to make my final payment this weekend. I noticed by searching both Delta's web site and Ez Air that the air price has dropped $200.00. Will Princess automatically adjust or should I rebook the air portion?

Thank your for your responses! I appreciate the help.

Princess will not automatically adjust your fare. You need to rebook at the lower rate. Rebooking will require that you reselect your seats and reenter your frequent flyer number.

PNG%20Sig_zps9bcbhaj9.png

This is my first time using EZ Air.

I checked Princess' website under "Flight Details" for the flights that I am interested. At the bottom of the details, it has a line saying "Choose your seats after selecting a flight". So I called Princess and booked my flight. Then I asked the Princess agent to select the seats that I am interested. The agent said when she tried to bring up the seat map it didn't come up. Instead, she said there is a message saying "seats can only be selected after ticketing". The agent said in order to be "ticketed", I need to pay the airfare in full now, and there will be no cancellation after ticketed. The flight is for May, 2017 and I don't want to "ticket" yet. So my flights were booked without selection for seats.

I then call American Airlines myself, and AA agent told me I have two choices. Option 1, pay AA $50/person and she can select the seats for me now, but there is no refund for the $50/person if I cancel the flight. Option 2, pay in full now and be "ticketed", then I can select our seats online without AA assistance, thus, do not need to pay $50/person.

Those of you who have used EZ Air in the past, were you not able to select your seats until you paid in full and "ticketed"?

Thank you.

I was recently able to select seats on an AA flight for March 2017 using EZair without making final payment.

Hi Wayne. Are you sure that you were able to select seats on AA flights thru EZair? We have AA flights for our Alaska cruise in August (booked using EZair) and while it took us through the screens to select our seats, at the end it displayed a message about not being able to process the request. I then tried to select seats on the AA website and since we only have a reservation, no seats can be assigned there either. A call to AA ended with them saying it was not possible for them to assign seats for us either until Princess pays for the flights and we then have ticket numbers instead of a reservation. I was able to select seats for our Delta flights for our SA cruise in February and can see them on the Delta website.

Lynn

Hi Wayne. Are you sure that you were able to select seats on AA flights thru EZair? We have AA flights for our Alaska cruise in August (booked using EZair) and while it took us through the screens to select our seats, at the end it displayed a message about not being able to process the request. I then tried to select seats on the AA website and since we only have a reservation, no seats can be assigned there either. A call to AA ended with them saying it was not possible for them to assign seats for us either until Princess pays for the flights and we then have ticket numbers instead of a reservation. I was able to select seats for our Delta flights for our SA cruise in February and can see them on the Delta website.

Lynn

My situation was almost like yours; except I didn't book the flight on Princess' site, I booked it by calling Princess. I tried getting the seats through Princess agent, I tried doing it myself after logging on to my AA account, I tried it by calling AA. All not successful.

Does it mean I will have to wait until 45 days before my flight (when ticket will be issued) to select my seats?

For our upcoming cruise with EZ Air thru Delta, I got a weird situation. There were unacceptable seats assigned on some legs with no seat assignments on other legs. After a couple phone calls to Delta, I called Princess and learned about the 45 day rule. I had also learned from Delta that once Princess ticketed the flights, I could change the seats they had assigned (in addition to booking seats on the other legs). Since we were only at 70 or so days out, I did the request for Princess to book it at that time. This means I can't take advantage of a fare drop (if there is one) and that the air cannot be canceled. On the other hand, I have insurance that will cover the flights in an emergence cancelation situation and by ticketing I could get the seats that were needed for my mobility impaired daughter. I was concerned that if I waited, those seats might have been taken.

For our upcoming cruise with EZ Air thru Delta' date=' I got a weird situation. There were unacceptable seats assigned on some legs with no seat assignments on other legs. After a couple phone calls to Delta, I called Princess and learned about the 45 day rule. I had also learned from Delta that once Princess ticketed the flights, I could change the seats they had assigned (in addition to booking seats on the other legs).[/quote']

We had Delta flights in May that were booked with EZAir after final payment, but before the 45 day cutoff when the ticket is actually purchased.

We had no problem getting seats assigned at the time we booked the flight.

Your experience in seat selection will vary by airline as each has their own rules. Our next cruise and EZair flight is in two months but I booked the flight 9 or so months ago. I was able to choose my seats at the time I booked online. About two weeks ago I checked and the price had gone down by several hundred dollars so I rebooked and again was able to pick my seats. To confirm it I want on the AA.com website and saw my reservation and seat assignments. A couple of months ago I booked an EZair flight for next spring with United and was also able to pick my seats at that time. Again I went on the united.com website and verified my reservation and seat assignment.

We had Delta flights in May that were booked with EZAir after final payment, but before the 45 day cutoff when the ticket is actually purchased.

We had no problem getting seats assigned at the time we booked the flight.

I was able to select seats on Delta immediately after booking with EZair and way before the 45 day ticketing rule. Bear in mind that Delta changes you seat frequently for whatever reason, so you should keep checking your seats when booking with Delta.

Now, British airways in conjunction with American Air, wouldn't let me select seats until ticket was paid. (45 days out) I then found out to get a decent seat (not middle), I had to pay extra. :(

One thing to keep in mind, you can still shop with EZair up to 45 days prior to cruise, even though final payment has been made with Princess.

We booked AA for our December 2015 TA. I was unable to get seats through EZair. I went on AA's web site with my booking number and was able to choose seats.

Harry

I did go on AA's website. It shows "ticket pending", so I was not able to choose my seats.

Those of you who have used EZ Air in the past, were you not able to select your seats until you paid in full and "ticketed"?

We have never been able to select in advance. We're not that fussy, so no big deal. Three of us did once fly from MHT to Philadelphia (a shortish hop) and the old USAir moved my little brother up to sit with us from PHL to London for the next leg.

We have never been able to select in advance. We're not that fussy, so no big deal. Three of us did once fly from MHT to Philadelphia (a shortish hop) and the old USAir moved my little brother up to sit with us from PHL to London for the next leg.

We've had it both ways--sometimes seats "magically" show up after we have done EZAir booking (before final payment), other times they cannot be made at all. Sometimes when they show up as assigned, we were able to change them. Other times it didn't work. I THINK it is up to the airline. And even then, some airlines work differently on different legs, particularly if one leg is on a small affiliate airline. We have even had times when they said no seat assignments were possible and they would be done by the gate agent--this is typically on flights booked less than a month from flight date.

Usually, do to a mobility impairment situation, we are able to get seats assigned by calling the airline and explaining the need. We just don't want all the seats in the first few rows to be taken as she really can't walk the length of the plane without assist devices.

We have never been able to select in advance.

We have always been able to select seats at the time the EXAir flights were booked, either with the Princess agent or on the airline's web site.

The exception to this "always" has been with some airlines that have intra-European flights and do not assign any seats until the day of travel. But seats could be selected on the trans-Atlantic portion of the ticket.