Sea Princess questions

coconutmonkey

I'm looking at deck plans for the Sea Princess and I do not see a cafe international or patisserie. Is there a place for specialty coffees such as lattes? Also, can anyone describe the type of menu at Cafe Corniche? Is it a fee restaurant?

I appreciate the insights. Regards.

I'm looking at deck plans for the Sea Princess and I do not see a cafe international or patisserie. Is there a place for specialty coffees such as lattes? Also, can anyone describe the type of menu at Cafe Corniche? Is it a fee restaurant?

I appreciate the insights. Regards.

We sailed on Sea Princess in 2011 - it was our first cruise. Cafe Corniche was an Itialian venue - if you have visited an Alfredo's on another Princess ship it is sort of like that. I loved the pizza at Cafe Corniche (and I'm the person who doesn't care at all for the pizza at the Lido deck venues).

I can't recall (as I said, we had never cruised before and I had never heard of Cruise Critic at that time) in regard to an IC substitute. I was thinking that The Nook might be such a place but I just Googled it and it seems to be a Whiskey Bar.

Don't panic. There will definitely be places to get speciality coffees. She's an Australian-based ship and Aussies wouldn't cruise on her if they couldn't get their lattes, espressos, flat whites, etc. They'd mutiny at the first port! :D

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

Don't panic. There will definitely be places to get speciality coffees. She's an Australian-based ship and Aussies wouldn't cruise on her if they couldn't get their lattes, espressos, flat whites, etc. They'd mutiny at the first port! :D

I found the the Sun class ships made a better coffee too than some of the Princess International ships who make their coffee too weak!!!

• 2 months later...
I found the the Sun class ships made a better coffee too than some of the Princess International ships who make their coffee too weak!!!

If my memory serves me correct, there were a couple of small cafes on Sun so imagine Sea would be similar. Of course any refurbishments might change things about a little.

You could always do what we did and ask for double shot coffees to make up for the long life milk that they use. Makes the coffee a bit more bearable.

Teddy

You could always do what we did and ask for double shot coffees to make up for the long life milk that they use. Makes the coffee a bit more bearable.

Teddy

I tried that, it still didn't give me a decent latte. Luckily I'm just as happy drinking straight espressos. Oddly enough the best espressos so far have been on Dawn, which doesn't have an IC. The barista at the Patisserie was excellent.

The patisserie makes all sorts of coffee on Deck 5. They also have a few danishes out there in the morning, cookies in the afternoon...

Cafe Corniche is a pizzeria that serves individual pizzas, lasagne, calzones, salads - it is excellent - I prefer it to Alfredos! It was free when I was on the ship.

Edited by Coral

Thanks to all for your insights. We are really looking forward to sailing on the Sea Princess!

I fell in love with cruising with this ship. I still love the Sun class ships and will take them over the newer ships.