Very odd question about cheers program.

sassafrass

My husband and I are sharing a cabin with my son who is 21. So according to the cheers program we would have to purchase 3. Here is the catch. My son has autism and can't touch alcohol due to his disability and medications. Do you think Carnival would make an acception?

Not an odd question at all. I have seen it hundreds of times. :rolleyes:

They do not make exceptions for the simple fact that people can claim anything they want about another person. A DR's note does not mean the people are following DR's orders. :p

If I did not know better, there are times when I think people have other agendas........

And their also people with shallow minds! Carnival Corp has varying rules across their fleets. Might you want to expand on your statement? Obviously you are Carnival biased.

Not wanting to be shallow on my part, could you please expand on your reply.

I asked on this forum about the cheers program and what I could expect from this brand of Carnival Corp. I own stock( done very well thank-you) and received a few very good replies.

My wife suffers from severe migraines and uses very potent pain meds. I asked if I could purchase the Cheers program for 1 as Princess allows this. I was told no and accept this. What may I ask is my other agenda? I thought that Princess owned the right to the morality police.

Mahalo and Aloha, Tim

Well I can see from Carnival's stand point that anyone can claim any kind of disability even with a doctors note and pull a fast one on Carnival. I am sure they have figured out all the angles on how people can cheat them out of money and booze. I don't blame them, this is why they have rules. If they bend for one, they gotta bend for others. Cruise Princess and avoid this all together.

My husband and I are sharing a cabin with my son who is 21. So according to the cheers program we would have to purchase 3. Here is the catch. My son has autism and can't touch alcohol due to his disability and medications. Do you think Carnival would make an acception?

No they don't.

Well I can see from Carnival's stand point that anyone can claim any kind of disability even with a doctors note and pull a fast one on Carnival. I am sure they have figured out all the angles on how people can cheat them out of money and booze. I don't blame them, this is why they have rules. If they bend for one, they gotta bend for others. Cruise Princess and avoid this all together.

Wow😁

Judging from posts, people enjoy finding ways to get around alcohol rules. Allowing exceptions to this rule would great increase opportunities to "cheat".

That's why Carnival does not care how many are in your cabin over the age of 21, they'll collect or you dont partake.

@boxermom73: Yes, WOW! Don't like it,:rolleyes: cruise with another line.

Edited by elliair

I'm one that's not a fan of the "everyone 21 & over in the same cabin must buy Cheers" rule. I think there should be more package options at least. But I'm also one that agrees with no exceptions. None. You don't need to buy cheers" to drink, so there is no reason at all for them to make any exceptions.

Edited by cruizinisthebest

I can see you cruise both lines, and have seen your posts on the Princess boards. My question, or retort to a prior post was why does Carnival Cruises have this policy?. I hate it when posters say, Carnival is the Walmart, Trash, etc.. I've really enjoyed Carnival and frankly have had it with the Princess shopping mall and their declining dining room food.. My older sister, 60+, LOVES carnival and assured me the food would be better. I cruise Princess as I my wife and I go with my 92yr old Mom. Things go little slower on Princess,not as slow as Holland, and Moms comfortable with the ships.See's only been to all 50 states, 76 countries and all 7 continents.

I was just trying to find out "Why" the difference in the 2 beverage programs. Pulling a fast one, as you stated can happen anywhere.We tried NCL, and never again will we sail on the ghetto ship. Great room, but thats all I have to say.

My Mom buys the all inclusive drink package on Princess and I don't. As you can see by my aviatar, I cruise with my growler. Teenagers and company bankruptcy kinda told me I needed a new direction so I stick to beer only.

I go to a bar on Princess and order my Moms drink on her card( Bloody Mary to start ) and use my card for my beers. The bartenders don't think I'm pulling a fast one on them.Mom does have over 21 cruises on Princess

When Princess first rolled out their program both had to buy the drink package, then they changed. I know the way our society works is by human greed, but assuming that "every" person showing up with a Drs note is only out to game the system isn't right. Princess doesn't have a limit on drinks, being coffee, water or alcohol.

Telling me to sick with Princess isn't a very good solution. Variety is the spice of life, and I enjoy it. I thought the Princess board had the monopoly on the morality police. Geez

Well as it was once explained to me Carnival once had a problem with drinking on their ships that cater to the younger crowd. Carnival does have the less expensive cruises that attract a younger clientele who will tend to drink more. So as not to make it disturbing to the rest of their guests Carnival changed their alcohol rules. And most rules will always carry throughout the whole fleet to provide consistency.

And their also people with shallow minds! Carnival Corp has varying rules across their fleets. Might you want to expand on your statement? Obviously you are Carnival biased.

I asked on this forum about the cheers program and what I could expect from this brand of Carnival Corp. I own stock( done very well thank-you) and received a few very good replies.

My wife suffers from severe migraines and uses very potent pain meds. I asked if I could purchase the Cheers program for 1 as Princess allows this. I was told no and accept this. What may I ask is my other agenda? I thought that Princess owned the right to the morality police.

Mahalo and Aloha, Tim

First of all I was referring to another poster who is outspoken on their views. Secondly, I don't see where you posted at all asking this here. I'm general on the comment it was asked and answered.

Mahalo and Aloha, Tim

You quoted the wrong poster.

I can see you cruise both lines, and have seen your posts on the Princess boards. My question, or retort to a prior post was why does Carnival Cruises have this policy?. I hate it when posters say, Carnival is the Walmart, Trash, etc.. I've really enjoyed Carnival and frankly have had it with the Princess shopping mall and their declining dining room food.. My older sister, 60+, LOVES carnival and assured me the food would be better. I cruise Princess as I my wife and I go with my 92yr old Mom. Things go little slower on Princess,not as slow as Holland, and Moms comfortable with the ships.See's only been to all 50 states, 76 countries and all 7 continents.

I was just trying to find out "Why" the difference in the 2 beverage programs. Pulling a fast one, as you stated can happen anywhere.We tried NCL, and never again will we sail on the ghetto ship. Great room, but thats all I have to say.

My Mom buys the all inclusive drink package on Princess and I don't. As you can see by my aviatar, I cruise with my growler. Teenagers and company bankruptcy kinda told me I needed a new direction so I stick to beer only.

I go to a bar on Princess and order my Moms drink on her card( Bloody Mary to start ) and use my card for my beers. The bartenders don't think I'm pulling a fast one on them.Mom does have over 21 cruises on Princess

When Princess first rolled out their program both had to buy the drink package, then they changed. I know the way our society works is by human greed, but assuming that "every" person showing up with a Drs note is only out to game the system isn't right. Princess doesn't have a limit on drinks, being coffee, water or alcohol.

Telling me to sick with Princess isn't a very good solution. Variety is the spice of life, and I enjoy it. I thought the Princess board had the monopoly on the morality police. Geez

I don't have an argument with you or even me calling Carnival WalMart of the Seas. I wasn't the one who originally coined that phrase, but I do agree with it. You know human nature as well as I do. We've never purchased the "all inclusive" drink package on Princess or Carnival. We do buy the wine packages though and are happy with it. We do go to happy hour on Princess - buy 1 get the next for $1. Carnival doesn't offer a happy hour. Yes, geez.:rolleyes:

It may still be worth it if your son would drink the milk shakes and non alcoholic drinks. It doesn't have to be alcohol. But first take drink cards times 3 and honestly think would you guys spend that much in a week on booze/drinks if you didn't have a card? I think a lot of people get sucked into buying the cards and it would be much cheaper if they just paid by the drink if they figured up what they really would have spent overall.