check in times at port of Miami

pjlee3333

My mom and I are flying to Miami the day of the cruise. I know the benefits of flying in the day before but it isn't possible in this case. We have a 6 am flight out of Baltimore and are scheduled to arrive in Miami at 8:40. I know it will take a little time to get luggage, a cab, and to the port. We will be using wheelchair assist which may make the process a little slower.

What time does the port of Miami open to be able to sit inside the port? we don't mind waiting for check in or boarding if my mom has a place to sit.

We are also top tier in the loyalty program. Is seating after check in based on arrival time or by loyalty levels like Fort Lauderdale is?

We normally sail out of Baltimore and are used to the process at that port but am not sure if Miami is the same.

Don't arrive before 10:00. Be sure your bags are well marked when you turn them overy that early.. Then take a seat until called for actual check in if not already begun. Each cruise line has its own system for that and boarding.

Edited by eandj

The catagory you are at on Princess is not transferable to Carnival. Have you cruised Carnival before and did you purchase faster to the fun, if so what level are you?. The level that you have reached and or faster to the fun will determine how you board. We can give you precise boarding info with this information.

The catagory you are at on Princess is not transferable to Carnival. Have you cruised Carnival before and did you purchase faster to the fun, if so what level are you?. The level that you have reached and or faster to the fun will determine how you board. We can give you precise boarding info with this information.

What? Pinnacle isn't a Princess loyalty level. Princess doesn't sail out of Port of Miami either (except maybe one or two cruises a winter).

Edited by capriccio

Thanks for the correction cappriccio, we are trying to help out pjlee3333. Makes no difference what cruise line pinnichle goes to, we are trying to get boarding info to pjlee3333 so mom can board as quick as possible.

I was afraid the thread was getting confused :D so I googled it - Pinnacle is a Royal Caribbean loyalty level. RCI usually sails out of Fort Lauderdale but maybe this cruise is a one off out of POM or maybe OP is trying out a new cruise line (Norwegian and Carnival sail out of POM).

I hope OP comes back and tells us which cruise line they are sailing if she/he wants specific information on how embarkation - especially how handicap embarkation - is handled for that line at POM. That said, as eandj advised, don't arrive too early, i.e., when disembarkation is still in process. I would even advise a 10:30 arrival.

No problem capriccio, we are all trying to help as much as possible. I made a bad assumption that they were cruising on Carnival. pjlee333 could you give us cruiseline/ship and departure time.

Sailing on Enchantment July 1. We've been on enchantment 18 times but always out of Baltimore.

Yes, we're pinnacle, the top loyalty level on Royal. I don't know if it makes a difference in check in/boarding in Miami.

As mentioned earlier I'm used to Baltimore. At port of Baltimore you can check luggage as early as 9 and check about 9:15-9:30 with boarding beginning between 10:30 and 11 depending on how quickly from the previous cruise gets off and how fast the ship is turned over after everyone is off.

The POM terminal building opens usually between 10:00am-10:30am...We have arrived earlier than that and unfortunately been the first in line...they will at at least have for us taken our luggage as early as 8:00am...I just kept an eye on it until I saw they had indeed placed it on the cart with luggage that was going to be put onboard....didn't want any mix up's with the luggage arriving...but there was actually no way this could be done as the arriving luggage was in the terminal building...not outside.