Breakfast in Blu

webecruzin2

Although not on the menu, you can now get eggs benedict in Blu.

We were on Infinity last month and requested Eggs Benedict. We were told by the Maitre 'd that they are not available for order in Blu because they come from a different galley on a different deck. He said this would result in a delay in getting them and they would arrive cold.

YMMV.

..... I did not care for the liquid eggs that were used for my omelets.

We we generally order eggs cooked to order, which clearly have egg yolks and whites, I have periodically ordered the made-to-order omelets. The ones I've received didn't seem to be made from the liquid egg product.

And for those who have the perception that Blu only serves "light" fare they serve an excellent pork sausage link at breakfast which certainly isn't great for the cholesterol level.

We were on Infinity last month and requested Eggs Benedict. We were told by the Maitre 'd that they are not available for order in Blu because they come from a different galley on a different deck. He said this would result in a delay in getting them and they would arrive cold.

YMMV.

That's strange -- they share the same set of escalators with the MDR to/from the kitchen. I could see if it were an S-Class ship where Blu on deck 5 and MDR on 3&4.

Eggs benedict is available in Blu, just isn't on the menu.

Sometimes yes, often no. We ask, speak to the Maitre'd, etc. On some cruises the chef even gets involved and accommodates are request. But on our last two Eclipse cruises we were told that they do not have any Hollandaise Sauce. Last year, the chef actually came out to chat and said he was just too busy (although he had time to chat) to make the appropriate sauce, Go figure,

Hank

My favorite items for breakfast in Blu are the baked pastries, made in front of you muesli, bacon, sausage, fingerling potatoes and asparagus with mushrooms.

I was not pleased with the omelets, French toast and the 'new' orange juice.

The muesli cart is not available on any itinerary that calls at a US port because of US health regulations. Muesli will be available directly from the galley in that case.

Blu provides a hardy breakfast for even the biggest eater. Plus breakfast is served to you in a civilized manner and you can be sure it will be hot unlike the buffet.

No muesli cart on our Equinox cruise last month, & it was all EU ports, Barcelona to Rome.

YMMV.

It seems to differ by class of ship and therefore layout of the galleys.

I was told the same on Infinity and never had any problem on any S-Class ship we sailed on.

Then again I remember having Eggs Benedict on Constellation... I guess it depends on how much effort they put into it. On M-Class the way from the Blu galley to the main galley is complicated (all the way aft and down some escalators). I had a chance to see that on a tour once.

For me, too, having Eggs Benedict is a sign of vacation - a must :)

One more reason why we prefer the undoubtedly more hectic Ocean View over Blu for breakfast (and breakfast only) is that we love to sit outside for breakfast. And once you have your food, the outside deck is actually not that hectic.

Besides that Blu is THE reason why we have booked AQ on all our previous Celebrity cruises and booked it again on two more. We have a third cruise booked and until now it is the first one we have not booked in AQ. The reason is simple. On a 11 night cruise (Japan) the difference in price would be 1200 Euro or about 1350 US$. Too much just for Blu - even for us fans.

The standard reply on Equinox to eggs benedict was it is not usually available in Blu...and then, they showed up on the tables! So, it is not on the menu but they got it every time they were asked. I have been low carb for awhile and love eggs benedict so I ordered my egg white omelet with a side of hollandaise and they brought that every morning even though...

"it is not typically available in Blu" such great service. And, breakfast was cooked as ordered and served hot and fresh with impeccable, smiling staff!

• 1 month later...

We were on the Summit August 7th cruise to Bermuda. there is no dress code for breakfast in Blu. I saw folks in bathing suits with coverups. The GF pancakes, French toast and waffles are ordered the night before as the chef needs time to prepare the mix. My husband liked the French toast the best. Toast and bread at dinner were fine and always available. The muffins were just awful. Do let your server know if the GF food served is not tasty. That is the only way Celebrity will get the message. One of the other guests in Blu was quite vocal about the pastry and the chef tried other options for her. They were all awful. Hopefully, when you get onboard they will have improved their muffins, pastry and horrible pizza. Not sure about V8 juice as the orange juice was fantastic.

We were also on the 8/7 cruise- but dined in Luminae for breakfast most days. Food very good. You can wear coverups in all venues for breakfast and lunch- Dinner proper dress attire- No shorts for men or ladies. Also no flip flops. V8 was served in Luminae- so I "assume" also in other dining rooms. Not sure what Gluten free items were available. And they served regular bacon and canadian bacon. Not sure what Irish bacon is. I am sure all dining rooms with make special orders if items are available.

Edited by Cruise a holic

[quote name='Cruise a holic']We were also on the 8/7 cruise- but dined in Luminae for breakfast most days. Food very good. You can wear coverups in all venues for breakfast and lunch- Dinner proper dress attire- No shorts for men or ladies. Also no flip flops. V8 was served in Luminae- so I "assume" also in other dining rooms. Not sure what Gluten free items were available. And they served regular bacon and canadian bacon. Not sure what Irish bacon is. I am sure all dining rooms with make special orders if items are available.[/QUOTE]

Irish bacon = Back bacon, a traditional British cut of typically unsmoked bacon sliced to include both the pork loin from the back and a bit of pork belly in the same cut. [url]http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-irish-bacon.htm#didyouknowout[/url]

They have it at the morning buffet also. Edited by Wine-O