Keeping suite a surprise?

jabrown40

I booked a sky suite for our cruise on Reflection next March, but would like it to be a surprise for my husband's 70th. After reading threads about being contacted precruise, how do I keep it a secret?

I booked a sky suite for our cruise on Reflection next March, but would like it to be a surprise for my husband's 70th. After reading threads about being contacted precruise, how do I keep it a secret?

That is such a sweet gift! Enjoy - I would make sure you don't give a telephone or email for him - just yours.

We were on the reflection last year and were never contacted. I'm not sure if they contact all suites are just the higher end ones. Either way, you should thoroughly enjoy it. Service is beyond amazing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How nice of you.

What a lovely surprise!

As others have said, it is usually only the top suites that are contacted pre cruise so that should not be an issue. All your documents clearly state your room category though so you need to make sure he doesn't see the paperwork, emailed updates....The big give away will be when you get to the port and go straight to the suite line!

I do suggest you let the conceirge in Michael's Club know you are celebrating a birthday on board, I am sure he/she will arrange something for you. They will usually arrange a cake and a bottle of wine. Also think about other experiences your husband may enjoy, for example a bridge tour, a back stage tour....The conceirge will also try to sort theses out for you. Also I suggest you have a word with your butler, he may arrange something too...

Have a great cruise!

A couple of years ago before Sky suites received access to Michael's Club I switched our AQ cabin for a Celebrity Suite. If you keep control of the paperwork, it is only when you go into the Suite line at check in that you can get found out. In my case my wife didn't notice until the concierge met us at the gangway.

"Forget" to pre-order luggage tags so when you arrive at the pier that's the first he will learn the cabin #. If he is like my DH, even knowing the cabin # may not give the suite surprise away until the check-in line. And if he doesn't realize from the #, the type of cabin you have, you could use the line for the masses rather than for the suites to further the suspense.

We are actually going a couple of months before his birthday, so I'd feel a little silly celebrating so far in advance. Just wanted to make it a little more special, and really wanted to experience Luminae. I'm glad we won't get any phone calls, and he never looks at any of the paperwork or tags. I'll just push him into the suite line, and say "surprise!" Thanks for the advice!

I did this with my adult daughters. They never once caught on until we walked into the Sky Suite. I made them stand back as I was checking us in, and told the lady that I was surprising them. ;)

My girls said they were a little suspicious when we got off the elevator on the Suite deck. This was on the Constellation.

The next year, I tried to surprise my daughters again, but being alert, they caught on right away. :D

For next springs cruise, we just booked the Sky Suite, but they are paying their way. :cool:

Easy. Contact Celebrity. Give them your email as the contact for the booking. You get all the emails. I booked a Penthouse but didn't tell her until right before we left. She found it necessary to repackage her suitcase. I would vote for telling him a day or so before you leave home.

Easy. Contact Celebrity. Give them your email as the contact for the booking. You get all the emails. I booked a Penthouse but didn't tell her until right before we left. She found it necessary to repackage her suitcase. I would vote for telling him a day or so before you leave home.

I did find your post interesting as it does raise the question about the 'value' of a surprise to the ongoing knowledge of a treat to come...

Some people love a surprise treat and enjoy it as it envelopes them, others enjoy the planning aspect, looking at videos of the room on YouTube, looking at the posted Luminae menus....

Our first PH experience was fantastic but that was only part of the pleasure...we had enjoyed a winter of watching for new reviews, pictures, videos and now we have the pleasure of the memories.

I tend to think the OP in this case has made the right choice in going for a real surprise, I just hope she has the camera ready when he finally realises the treat in store!

My DH did this once for me to celebrate a milestone birthday. He upgraded from a Sky to a Royal suite. My birthday was on embarkation day. He managed to keep it all a secret until the nice lady at the checkin counter said "Happy Birthday and how lovely that you are in a Royal Suite." I looked at DH who laughed and said "surprise". He had hoped to keep it a secret until it was time to go to the cabin. This was long before Michael's Club and pre embarkation contact from the concierge, so it was somewhat easier.

Be prepared for a phone call a week or two ahead of embarkation even in a Sky Suite. We have been in a SS on our past two cruises and each time have received a phone call prior to leaving to ask if we had any special request. We are not Elite if that makes a difference.