Passport question

TYSONBOXER

From the U.S. Department of State:

New photos are only required if your appearance has significantly changed from what is in your photo. Growing a beard or coloring your hair would not constitute a significant change. If you can still be identified from the photo in your current passport, you do not need to apply for a new passport.

New photos are only required if your appearance has significantly changed from what is in your photo. Growing a beard or coloring your hair would not constitute a significant change. If you can still be identified from the photo in your current passport, you do not need to apply for a new passport.

Some, mainly females, would need a new passport every few months if they couldn't change their hair colour.

It's not an issue as far as the US State Dept is concerned, but that is no guarantee that it won't slow you down when you actually use your passport to cross borders. There was a recent post in a roll call about someone being held up when going ashore in St Petersburg because of a missing or extra beard. The photo in your passport could be up to ten years old (even older, actually, because they have no way to check how old the photo you send them is). The best thing for you to do is to show us your "then" and "now" photos and let us decide for you. :p

I had grown a beard prior to having my passport photo taken and debated shaving for the photo since at the time I wasn't sure how long the beard would stay. The above quote helped me to decide to have the photo taken with the beard, which worked out since it's still on my face.:)

It must be my 'new' wrinkles that throw some authorities off! My 10 year passport is getting ready to expire and despite the fact that my hair is the same length and color, I have had them actually hold the book up next to my face and compare them back and forth! Hahaha!!! The past 10 years must have been even harder than I thought they were!

DH had a passport photo with a beard that he shaved once he got his CPAP. Only comment from customs was that he "looked different". He was still recognizable by the photo and had no issues.