Do Celebrity Suite Guests have separate Pool seating area?

Brookefairway

No, X has no such plan for guests in suites.

Actually, I thought that was one of the many rumors, currently swirling around the Edge Project: more suites, with more 'exclusive' amenities. Haven't heard anything specific about a suite-only pool, though. But, with the current CEO's focus on attracting a higher-end demographic, it would not surprise me. :rolleyes:

No doubt they look at rival lines offerings, many of which IMO are better than the present Celebrity deal. We recently booked a Cunard suite ( the cheapest!). No pool, but dedicated restaurants, lounge/bar and large deck area. As we cannot do fly cruise, the choices from the UK is a bit limited for us.

Just wondering if celebrity has section for suite guests poolside similar to RCL so that on sea days there are designated chairs?

X doesn't really need it...plenty of seats most days...maybe a bit more crowded on sea days but not overly so...

We laughed on one Royal cruise...the roped off seats were in the hot sun and empty most of the day..while some sun lovers might have enjoyed them.

On another note....roped off seats in the theatres are a distraction while staff has to let the suite guests into those areas....if folks did not save seats or arrive late and expect prime seats, the whole proces would be more orderly,,,

My post got lost....

For outdoor pool we go early, get a nice shaded spot and enjoy the pools til the loud pool games start,,,we leave for lunch or activities elsewhere and return late afternoon to enjoy live music...works well..and if it is crowded on sea days, there are always loungers on the pool deck upper level...

For the solarium we also arrive early to enjoy uncrowded pool....sometimes sharing the pool with very few others ..we enjoy the AQ spa cafe and leave when the noise level gets too high

Also nice after folks leave for dinner,...

The loyalty tiers are reached by spending one's way in by repeat cruising...cruise by cruise builds points....

Suite perks are attained instantly by paying more..

Neither concept offends us except that existing amenities areas are withdrawn from use by all pax to extend the perks (dining room space, Michaels, nightclub for certain hrs.).. X ships are tight on space to begin with..New builds may be better suited for class or loyalty level based amenities....we are E + sorely miss Michaels.

Edited by hcat

67 days for us

new cruise line

new experience :)

:) Looking forward to our Christmas cruise too. There again, perhaps I'm not in the correct 'class' to sail on X twice within such a short period of time :rolleyes:? And I'll have to get the boys to wear Armani when we fly business class again :p. Luckily we're back to Kusadasi on our next cruise, so there will be genuine fakes galore :D.

67 days for us

new cruise line

new experience :)

I am so happy for you. You will definitely enjoy yourself.

Celebrity is a great cruise line.

I apologize for not having every cruise that I have ever taken displayed in my signature avatar. I have been on 34 cruises since 1989, although I hope me telling you that does not make me appear elitist. We have cruised on Carnival, RCCL, Celebrity, and Cunard. I have enjoyed all of them, as they all have a different vibe to them. We have been to almost every island in the Caribbean, both on a cruise ship, as well as land resorts, so if that is your destination, we would be happy to offer advice on those ports.

It seems reasonable to me that someone who is spending so much for a suite deserves some extra consideration from the cruise line.

For a cruise over Christmas on the Reflection, a Signature suite would cost someone over $16000 for two people for 7 days.

At that price, THEY deserve to be treated special for subsidizing those of us in a steerage class Ocean View cabin or (GASP) Inside Cabin.

I guess there are class systems at sporting events where people pay a lot of extra money for suites, preferred seating etc. If someone is willing to pay extra for perks, why do you care?;)

The issue with cruise ships is that the limited factor is space. Considering crew space is fixed, if you take public space and restrict it, that has an impact on the other passengers.

I really don't care what benefits that they give people that want to pay more, until it impacts the value that I receive.

In the case of Celebrity the taking of dining room space has resulted in much more crowded, noisier MDR space. Michaels used to be a nice quiet place to listen to string quartets, or to have a drink and relax. Now it is restricted. Both have impacted my enjoyment of Celebrity and the value I receive.

So the number of Celebrity cruises I do has gone from 3-4 a year to maybe 1 every two years.

It has less impact when ships are designed from scratch, but certain noticeable when old ships are retrofitted and spaces shrunk.

Edited by RDC1

The issue with cruise ships is that the limited factor is space. Considering crew space is fixed, if you take public space and restrict it, that has an impact on the other passengers.

I really don't care what benefits that they give people that want to pay more, until it impacts the value that I receive.

In the case of Celebrity the taking of dining room space has resulted in much more crowded, noisier MDR space. Michaels used to be a nice quiet place to listen to string quartets, or to have a drink and relax. Now it is restricted. Both have impacted my enjoyment of Celebrity and the value I receive.

So the number of Celebrity cruises I do has gone from 3-4 a year to maybe 1 every two years.

It has less impact when ships are designed from scratch, but certain noticeable when old ships are retrofitted and spaces shrunk.

Agree..the new ships will no doubt build in the private areas for suite guests...and hopefully have space for a Cap Club lounge for E and up...,also anxious about the fate of AQ class and BLU,,

Edited by hcat