Is 5 ships in port a lot?

Ready2Cruise2016

It appears there will be 5 ships in port the same day I will be there in Jan. I don't know what is typical, but 5 ships sounds like a LOT. Does anyone know the average ships in port on any given day, and know how crowded ti might be with 5 in port? Unfortunately, there are also 5 ships in port in Grand Cayman. So far - only 2 while I'm in Jamaica! :D

yes thats a lot of people! BUT as I posted in your other post about this...if you pick your excursion well you wont have any issue. When I know there will be a lot of ships in Cozumel I will book Nachi Cocom resort well in advance. 50 bucks per person unlimited drinks and a great lunch is included as well as use of their private beach and pool. They limit the number of guests to only 100 at their beach. Really makes it seem like no one is in town...its great

yes thats a lot of people! BUT as I posted in your other post about this...if you pick your excursion well you wont have any issue. When I know there will be a lot of ships in Cozumel I will book Nachi Cocom resort well in advance. 50 bucks per person unlimited drinks and a great lunch is included as well as use of their private beach and pool. They limit the number of guests to only 100 at their beach. Really makes it seem like no one is in town...its great

You know... I didn't even think about our excursion. We're hiring a driver and hitting several different places around Cozumel. The ruins, maybe a tequilla tour, some of the east coast stuff. So the amount of people in port probably won't effect us too much!

You know... I didn't even think about our excursion. We're hiring a driver and hitting several different places around Cozumel. The ruins, maybe a tequilla tour, some of the east coast stuff. So the amount of people in port probably won't effect us too much!

You will be fine on the east coast. The vast majority of cruisers never venture that far. Coconuts will probably be busy meaning you may not get a cliff side table, otherwise no problem and if you are hitting the southern beach clubs late many people will have already returned to their ship, or shopping.

Edited by c-leg5

You will be fine on the east coast. The vast majority of cruisers never venture that far. Coconuts will probably be busy meaning you may not get a cliff side table, otherwise no problem and if you are hitting the southern beach clubs late many people will have already returned to their ship, or shopping.

This sets my mind at ease. Funnily enough, I'm not a fan of crowds, but my dad - who is going with us - REALLY isn't. (he's not big on cruises, either. But he goes so he can spend a vacation with his grandkids). So, now I will be able to reassure him, that even if it's crowded at first, we'll be getting away from most of it.

Sounds like you are gonna be good to go. Me personally, I dont care much for crowds either lol. I deal with enough crowds at work so when I have down time I like peace and as few people as possible :)

It appears there will be 5 ships in port the same day I will be there in Jan. I don't know what is typical, but 5 ships sounds like a LOT. Does anyone know the average ships in port on any given day, and know how crowded ti might be with 5 in port? Unfortunately, there are also 5 ships in port in Grand Cayman. So far - only 2 while I'm in Jamaica! :D

How did you learn this information?

As already mentioned, not uncommon at all. We were in Coz one time when there were 13, yes 13 ships there between the two pier areas and ships that were tendering passengers. Carnival, Disney, Costa, NCL, RCI, Princess, you name it. We were like, "holy s.." :eek:. An amazing sight but it was crazy. Have never seen that many again. 5 or 6 ships, no biggie.

5 in GC is also not uncommon. Streets will be busy with shoppers but again, no big deal. Have a good time.

How did you learn this information?

http://ports.cruisett.com/ Is where I looked. I'm not sure if there are other places or not..

As already mentioned, not uncommon at all. We were in Coz one time when there were 13, yes 13 ships there between the two pier areas and ships that were tendering passengers. Carnival, Disney, Costa, NCL, RCI, Princess, you name it. We were like, "holy s.." :eek:. An amazing sight but it was crazy. Have never seen that many again. 5 or 6 ships, no biggie.

5 in GC is also not uncommon. Streets will be busy with shoppers but again, no big deal. Have a good time.

Oh goodness!!! 13 is a ton. That would likely keep us on board where it was nice and quiet. LOL