Different Classes of Ships

iuki

Mostly the same ship appearance wise but named different.

Class names are determined by the first ship of the class. So Oasis class encompasses all ships that look like the Oasis.

Here are Royal's ships and their classes: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/home.do

If you check their deck plans you will notice they are all pretty much the same ship.

Class names are determined by the first ship of the class.

Except for Vision class in which Vision was the last of the six ships (now down to five with the sale of Splendour, soon to be 4 with Legend leaving next year)

There is Radiance class...Radiance, Jewel, Serenade and Brilliance....basically the same ship design...all have different art, and some different restaurants.

Voyager class...Voyager, Navigator, Mariner, Explorer and Adventure...same ship...different amenities, decorations, etc....

Freedom Class....Freedom, Liberty and Independence....slightly "stretched" version of the Voyager class ships...again...each ship has it's own "flavor"...

Oasis/Allure...bigger...totally different from the afore-mentioned ships....

Then, there is the "Quantum" class..bigger still...totally different from ALL the above mentioned ships....they are an entirely different feel, and class of ship....floating cities! Huge.

RCI still has a few smaller ships..Empress, and Granduer, etc.....i may be forgetting a couple. They are the "old class" ships...and usually have very attentive crew/staff..small and intimate! Like cruising used to be!

Oasis/Allure...bigger...totally different from the afore-mentioned ships....

Then, there is the "Quantum" class..bigger still...totally different from ALL the above mentioned ships....they are an entirely different feel, and class of ship....floating cities! Huge.

Darnit CB...just when I thought you were going to get a post right. :D

Edited by Aquahound

Darnit CB...just when I thought you were going to get a post right. :D

LOL! :D

Although, with over 75,600 posts, she must have gotten one right sometime, yes? It was probably long before I joined though. :D

That's OK, she missed the entire Vision and Sovereign classes.

ROTFL! :D

You guys are cracking me up, :D

~ Judy

Here is Cruise Critic's breakdown of the Royal Caribbean classes - Which is the Best Royal Caribbean Ship For You?

This link was great and provided much detailed information. Thank you so much. Thanks to all of you for taking the time to respond. All ships have something to offer, so I would enjoy any of them.

The only reason I asked is because when I sailed on Brilliance, the promenade was so narrow that it was difficult to maneuver through the crowds. I use my personal scooter and I am so tense with people cutting in front of me while I try so hard to avoid running into them. Please - this is not to open a can of worms with people flaming each other. It's only mentioned to explain why I find it so small and crowded. Therefore it appears the Radiance class has small and narrow promenades.

Thanks to all.

This link was great and provided much detailed information. Thank you so much. Thanks to all of you for taking the time to respond. All ships have something to offer, so I would enjoy any of them.

The only reason I asked is because when I sailed on Brilliance, the promenade was so narrow that it was difficult to maneuver through the crowds. I use my personal scooter and I am so tense with people cutting in front of me while I try so hard to avoid running into them. Please - this is not to open a can of worms with people flaming each other. It's only mentioned to explain why I find it so small and crowded. Therefore it appears the Radiance class has small and narrow promenades.

Thanks to all.

You must be referring to the walkway in the shops area. I do feel claustrophobic there. They make it more so by putting tables of merchandise in the walkway.

You must be referring to the walkway in the shops area. I do feel claustrophobic there. They make it more so by putting tables of merchandise in the walkway.

That's exactly it. ;)