Norwegian Breakaway constrction insight

Happened to watch on the box last night the building of NCL Breakaway. very enlightening on how these ship are all put together.

Some time ago I saw a docco of how the Koreans build ships very quickly and efficiently by building them in sections then 'bolting' them all together - a bit like reassembling a sliced sausage.

I was especially interested in how the cabins were done. Each were built seperately then slid into each deck side by side.

This was over a year ago apparently so I had a quick look at the CC review ratings and its only at 61%.

Happened to watch on the box last night the building of NCL Breakaway. very enlightening on how these ship are all put together.

Some time ago I saw a docco of how the Koreans build ships very quickly and efficiently by building them in sections then 'bolting' them all together - a bit like reassembling a sliced sausage.

I was especially interested in how the cabins were done. Each were built seperately then slid into each deck side by side.

This was over a year ago apparently so I had a quick look at the CC review ratings and its only at 61%.

I have DVD that shows the construction of an RCCL Freedom class built. It is in three parts of 40 minutes.

While there are certain aspects of the 'Mighty Ships' series such as the dramatic (over dramatized) situations that happen to arrive like the chef has to buy extra fish or something. The rest of the show is very interesting.:D

While there are certain aspects of the 'Mighty Ships' series such as the dramatic (over dramatized) situations that happen to arrive like the chef has to buy extra fish or something. The rest of the show is very interesting.:D

They always look for that angle. This ep it was how will they finish the ship, when the ship is too tall...?

I found this one a bit weird as they started by showing it successfully sailing, then jumped back. Took away all the suspense. ;):D

It also glossed over a some things, like the warped panels that came out of nowhere that were show stoppers, then were never mentioned again.

They always look for that angle. This ep it was how will they finish the ship, when the ship is too tall...?

I found this one a bit weird as they started by showing it successfully sailing, then jumped back. Took away all the suspense. ;):D

It also glossed over a some things, like the warped panels that came out of nowhere that were show stoppers, then were never mentioned again.

Yes, some drama just gets forgotten which is why I don't think it is really necessary.

I generally enjoy them, till they become drama queens.

Unfortunately you only get the drama Queens with Cunard, but you do get drama Princesses on Princess,drama Royals on RCI and drama regents on Regent.:p

Edited by MicCanberra

Maybe they should make a reality show called 'My Cruise Rules' and you can have the chair hogs, drunks and the tip removers etc, all be dramatized on the show.:D

Sounds like fun can I be contestant???

Maybe they should make a reality show called 'My Cruise Rules' and you can have the chair hogs, drunks and the tip removers etc, all be dramatized on the show.:D

That sounds awesome.

They could also create a chair hog skit in fast motion with Benny Hill theme music...

I'm going to pitch it to Channel 7 :D.