Sirena Reviews to Date

gdlamberth

ChappChapp,

Thank you for your comments.

I feel better already. It sounds as if despite the extensive "make-over" and significant amount of money spent, there is still more work to be done on a ship that was badly neglected over the years.

I suspect it will be done eventually.

The day before we disembarked they were starting to refinish the pool deck:)

Let me also reassure those of you concerned about your upcoming Sirena cruise that she is a lovely ship. This was our second cruise on Oceania, and we preferred it to our initial cruise on Riviera. The staff on Sirena seemed to be more friendly, and we enjoyed an excellent level of service throughout the cruise, with very few lapses. And when something was not perfect, I was still ecstatic that I was on vacation.

The public rooms are lovely, the gym is great, there were available loungers at the pool whenever I was there, the bed was comfy, and the food outstanding.

Yes, the stateroom bathrooms are small and dated (but we anticipated that having done our homework). There could be lines for the public bathrooms (especially when groups were assembled for shore excursions). Certainly, one can always find something that could be improved. BUT we had a great cruise, and are eagerly anticipating our return to Sirena in September!

Do you honestly think that one of the most attentive-to-detail cruise lines in the world, which had already converted three other R ships over approximately the last decade, is going to spend millions and "miss the obvious things?"

We like Oceania's R ships and, because, we are sloop sailors at home, cabin size is not a big deal for us. However, the quality of cabin amenities from mattress to soap are. As for the food, it's Oceania - you'd be hard pressed to find better food elsewhere at sea.

I trust that your upcoming cruise will find you loving Sirena as much as you did Regatta.

Check out the reviews and then tell me what you think. I am only commenting on what is a less than 60% favorable rating which is very poor. If Oceania had a tight deadline (which it appears they did) perhaps they did scrimp. How about Royal Carribean's fiasco with the roll out of the biggest ship in the world. It can happen. I just hope they fixed things by now.

Check out the reviews and then tell me what you think. I am only commenting on what is a less than 60% favorable rating which is very poor. If Oceania had a tight deadline (which it appears they did) perhaps they did scrimp.

Yes in a perfect world all work would have been completed before she set sail for Oceania

Maybe the ship was in worse shape than when they first made the offer to purchased

Remember Princess had the ship still inservice for several months after NCLH made the offer to purchase

Princess had no reason to maintain her it soon would be out of their hands

I believe she was in drydock for almost 30 days someone will correct me if wrong

Things will be fixed & up to Oceania standards soon if not already

Princess had no reason to maintain her it soon would be out of their hands

That's what it was, Princess didn't so much as replace a light bulb after the sale was set.

Oceania got a good deal because the ship had deteriorated badly while in the care of the Carnival Corporation, but they wrestled every possible penny out of her, during those last few months

It's disgusting how sharp tactics like that are now accepted as "standard business procedure"

That's what it was, Princess didn't so much as replace a light bulb after the sale was set.

Oceania got a good deal because the ship had deteriorated badly while in the care of the Carnival Corporation, but they wrestled every possible penny out of her, during those last few months

It's disgusting how sharp tactics like that are now accepted as "standard business procedure"

Very good points, SnJ, and we were on Sirena for the inaugural. Chapp Chapp did a superb job of running the CC m&g and their comments are particularly apt about Sirena. I would return to cruise on Sirena in a heartbeat - it was excellent!

Totaly agree.... when your are re making an entire ship into a Oceania "silk purse, from a Princess "sow's ear" its not easy, except maybe for a fairy good mother as in Cinderella. I hear complaints on the bathroom size... lets be reality oriented,,how many people do you expect to use the bathroom with you at any one time ? To me I judge a bathroom for what it is,,, a shower that puts out water, ( warm is always a plus) and a toilet that flushes, a sink with running water and a mirror. I mean are you going to throw a party in one? have a reception?

For a reality check try living on a Destroyer for months at a time... no specialty restaurants, entertainment was sleep, and water was reserved for the boilers and engine room turbines... shower every other day. and if something needed repair you did it !!! Cruising on O is like dying and going to heaven with St Peter as your valet.....

For a reality check try living on a Destroyer for months at a time... no specialty restaurants, entertainment was sleep, and water was reserved for the boilers and engine room turbines... shower every other day. and if something needed repair you did it !!! Cruising on O is like dying and going to heaven with St Peter as your valet.....

Good to learn that Oceania is a step up from a Destroyer.

Thanks RCNsir for the kind words about our CC gathering. I would be remiss not to give a good deal of credit to Randall the Concierge who really did an outstanding job of pulling it all together. And that underscores the level of service we all have come to expect on Oceania.

Looking at the reviews, it appears the number of reviews is quite small. If you add the two positive positive posts contained in this thread to the "stats", the overall percentage would go up significantly.

Adding two positive reviews would kick the "loved it" score up to 69%. Except for Insignia (54%...go figure:confused:) Oceana's ships all score in the mid 70% area. I guess that's what I like to see the score trend towards...sort of an Oceana "SAC average."

Adding two positive reviews would kick the "loved it" score up to 69%. Except for Insignia (54%...go figure:confused:) Oceana's ships all score in the mid 70% area. I guess that's what I like to see the score trend towards...sort of an Oceana "SAC average."

RE: Insignia...Perhaps wait for the RTW'ers to review their 180 day cruise.:D

Edited by buggins0402

a lot of reviews are based on personal preferences

Did not like the decor of the ship

did not like the cabin size (they chose )

the bathrooms were small

the entertainment was not what they like

it goes on & on

We are not foodies like some O cruisers but still would choose O over some other lines

it is a case of YMMV

Not everyone will write a review but the number of repeat cruisers on each sailing is usually 50% or better ...to me that tells the tale

Are they perfect ...NO but they tick most of our boxes

Edited by LHT28

There are always kinks that need to be worked out and we are fully confident that when we sail on Sirena next year everything will be wonderful as it has been on all of our prior sailings. We have sailed on all the ships and cannot wait to add Sirena. It is unfortunate that sometimes people sail on the newer ones and then when they try an R ship they are disappointed because it is not as new or the rooms are smaller. But remember the R ships can dock in so many places that the bigger ships cannot. As for room sizes, we spent 16+ days on Regatta in a Concierge cabin and never felt it was too small. Our cruise on Sirena will be for 34 days and we can't wait.

Edited by nettarj

Check out the reviews and then tell me what you think. I am only commenting on what is a less than 60% favorable rating which is very poor. If Oceania had a tight deadline (which it appears they did) perhaps they did scrimp. How about Royal Carribean's fiasco with the roll out of the biggest ship in the world. It can happen. I just hope they fixed things by now.

Oceania did not scrimp..FDR would never let that happen..

Jancruz1

I am on Sirena for the next 9 days if anyone has any questions

Is there any way that you could post a copy of the menu from Tuscan Steak?

I am curious as to which food items from Polo & Toscana were retained and which ones were dropped.

TIA

Lunch in GDR is it only Jacques Bistro menu or do they also have another menu for lunch ??

thank you

Le us know what you think. Would love to get a real time opinion of things. And I too am not concerned about the bathroom or cabin size-I know what to expect there. Are things working properly? Are the staff as good or better attitude wise as my remembrance form Regatta? What do you think of the Horizon's make-over? The combining of the two restaurants? Internet better as they said it would be? Shows upgraded as promised? Between the Princess apparent quality lapse and Oceania being bought out by a company that is squeezing costs out, am curious if there is a trickle down effect.

Le us know what you think. Would love to get a real time opinion of things. And I too am not concerned about the bathroom or cabin size-I know what to expect there. Are things working properly? Are the staff as good or better attitude wise as my remembrance form Regatta? What do you think of the Horizon's make-over? The combining of the two restaurants? Internet better as they said it would be? Shows upgraded as promised? Between the Princess apparent quality lapse and Oceania being bought out by a company that is squeezing costs out, am curious if there is a trickle down effect.

We're booked on 7th August cruise in a Penthouse suite which our travel agent said has been refurbished. We chose Oceania on recommendation from friends. Have been on most other cruise lines. Will be very interested in your comments. Have a great holiday.

Cheryl

1. I am on Sirena for the next 9 days if anyone has any questions

When you have time can you say if there is a Barristas on Sirena ?

On the other R ships it is outside the GDR

a recent review stated there was no Barristas nor an Executive lounge not even sure why they thought there was one on the R ships :eek:

When you have time can you say if there is a Barristas on Sirena ?

On the other R ships it is outside the GDR

a recent review stated there was no Barristas nor an Executive lounge not even sure why they thought there was one on the R ships :eek:

There is a coffee bar (barristas) outside the GDR on Sirena placed in the corner. Ii have no idea about the executive lounge.

There is a coffee bar (barristas) outside the GDR on Sirena placed in the corner. Ii have no idea about the executive lounge.

Thanks

I was sure I read in the refit there was mention of Barristas to make it like the other R-Ships

Not sure where the reviewer got the idea there was an executive lounge on the smaller ships it is NOT there

Makes you wonder if they were even on Sirena :confused:

Is there any way that you could post a copy of the menu from Tuscan Steak?

I am curious as to which food items from Polo & Toscana were retained and which ones were dropped.

TIA

I will try but having technical issues with photos at the moment.

We have eaten there and whilst service and ambiance were excellent the food was just ok. In our opinion the marriage is not as good as each single restaurant on Riviera/Marina

Lunch in GDR is it only Jacques Bistro menu or do they also have another menu for lunch ??

thank you

The menu outside seemed to be Jaques Bistro. I took a photo and will try and post it later