Rhapsody GS Information

Looking for recent info specific to Rhapsody for Grand Suite bookings. Breakfast in Chops/other?

Deck Party on sea day?

Galley/Bridge/Theater tours?

CL crowding?

I know some things are a bit different ship to ship, have never been on a Voyager class before. Any info would be great.....Thanks

Looking for recent info specific to Rhapsody for Grand Suite bookings. Breakfast in Chops/other?

Deck Party on sea day?

CL crowding?

I know some things are a bit different ship to ship, have never been on a Voyager class before. Any info would be great.....Thanks

As said, Vision class not Voyager. Those two ship classes are really different! We were in a GS last summer on Rhapsody. So to your questions: Yes to breakfast in Chops, and there's also a little buffet laid out each morning in the concierge lounge. We actually preferred that as it was always nice and quiet and we're not big breakfast eaters. / Deck party? You mean like a private deck party? No. What you will get is an invitation to a lovely luncheon buffet held in the Concierge Club. Don't miss it--they really do a nice job. You'll get an invite in your cabin. / Tours? Yes, and again, you'll get an invite. / CL crowding? We didn't have any trouble finding a seat but it depends on what sailing you're on. If it's a TA with its usual contingent of D+ and more, well, you could run into crowding. The lounge isn't especially big.

Deck party? You mean like a private deck party? No. What you will get is an invitation to a lovely luncheon buffet held in the Concierge Club. Don't miss it--they really do a nice job.

On our med sailing in May it was held in Izumi - yes, it was nice, especially the sushi. All of the info given here from a "normal" sailing may be quite different on a TA due to the high number of high level C&A members sailing.

Deck Party on sea day?

CL crowding?

We were on Rhapsody in Feb/March for the Around the Horn cruise.

As others have said....yes, breakfast in Chops is available every day.

No deck party on our sailing for Suites but they did have a nice brunch style party in Chops with some of the officers.

The CL was busy and most nights the door into the Viking Crown Lounge was opened for extra seating.

Enjoy....:)

On our med sailing in May it was held in Izumi - yes, it was nice, especially the sushi. All of the info given here from a "normal" sailing may be quite different on a TA due to the high number of high level C&A members sailing.

You're absolutely right about TAs being different. We were on the Allure TA last fall and then on Oasis this past spring, and the lounge situation between those two sailings during cocktail hour was like night and day. Transatlantics are in a class of their own, aren't they! ;)

Does anyone know if Rhapsody has reserved loungers near the pool for suites?

There are no reserved loungers on Vision class ships like Rhapsody.

Edited by dln929

We were in a Grand Suite in May on Rhapsody. Suite was very clean, fresh and spacious.

The Concierge lounge is off the Viking Crown lounge providing great views out to sea. The Concierge was Analia, who was lovely - nothing was too much trouble for her. She was supported by a member of the bar staff team to serve drinks during the daily happy hour.

Majority of the seating was set up in pairs with a small table with 2 larger tables seating 4/5. Although heavy, the chairs were moveable!

If you would like any pictures or other information, please let me have your email address.

Enjoy your cruise!

Adam

Be ready to do battle with D+es in the CL.

I'm also in a suite on the TA this fall and am a little concerned. Does RCL have any contingency plans if there are a lot of D+ or is it just a free for all from 5-8:30pm? Is it that bad that you have to stake out tables early?

Given that this cruise is already completely sold out, I'm thinking of cancelling and picking up a different sailing altogether...its a pity these ships do not have a suite lounge and/or a private restaurant.

I'm also in a suite on the TA this fall and am a little concerned. Does RCL have any contingency plans if there are a lot of D+ or is it just a free for all from 5-8:30pm? Is it that bad that you have to stake out tables early?

Given that this cruise is already completely sold out, I'm thinking of cancelling and picking up a different sailing altogether...its a pity these ships do not have a suite lounge and/or a private restaurant.

The overflow from the CL would have to be the Viking Crown lounge. Anything could happen including the removal of D+es from the CL.:eek: On our Med cruise, there seemed to be some table available just about any time we went there - I wouldn't count on that if the D+es are allowed. I certainly would not cancel over a potentially crowded CL. It all depends on the final number of D+es sailing and if a large number of those folks want to go to the CL.

It would be a lot easier to manage overflow in the DL.

Are there mini laundry facilities? Or just the send out option?

Snorkels: any idea how much you pay to rent gear (mask, fins, life vest, etc)? I'm considering ordering something online. I expect we will love the sport!

what's the earliest time for boarding? Any thought on boarding early or later? I'm trying to figure out the time before rooms are available.

Thank you for all kind suggestions and advice.

Are there mini laundry facilities? Or just the send out option?

Snorkels: any idea how much you pay to rent gear (mask, fins, life vest, etc)? I'm considering ordering something online. I expect we will love the sport!

what's the earliest time for boarding? Any thought on boarding early or later? I'm trying to figure out the time before rooms are available.

Thank you for all kind suggestions and advice.

There are no guest laundry facilities on RC ships.

The ship does not rent snorkel gear, however the gear is usually included if you book a snorkeling excursion.

Boarding usually begins between 11am and 11:30am. Staterooms are available around 1pm.

• 3 weeks later...

If you would like any pictures or other information, please let me have your email address.

Enjoy your cruise!

Adam

Great information on GS benefits & the CL, thanks. We booked a GS on Rhapsody in Jan 2017.

I heard outlets were lacking; that they give you fruit, bottled water and/or wine on the first day(?). And I'm curious as to the type of coffee pot they are putting in the cabin now - it used to be a pod type with the wrong size pods.

I'd love any pictures you may be willing to share. marc_mary_zahn(at) hotmail com.

Thanks again.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by mamaza

• 1 month later...

Great information, we are also booked in a GS on Rhapsody in April 2017 and looking forward to it. Traveling with our 15 year old daughter who is never far away from her phone so would be keen to hear what the internet is like on board. Also is it complimentary with the GS as it is supposed to be on Oasis which we will be on in Oct also in a GS.

... Also is it complimentary with the GS as it is supposed to be on Oasis which we will be on in Oct also in a GS.

Not complimentary. The suites on Rhapsody don't have the same perks as those on Oasis and Quantum classes.

Great information on GS benefits & the CL, thanks. We booked a GS on Rhapsody in Jan 2017.

I heard outlets were lacking; that they give you fruit, bottled water and/or wine on the first day(?). And I'm curious as to the type of coffee pot they are putting in the cabin now - it used to be a pod type with the wrong size pods.

I'd love any pictures you may be willing to share. marc_mary_zahn(at) hotmail com.

Thanks again.

We were in a GS on Rhapsody in February. The coffee pot is the style with a pod. They've changed brands of coffee and the pod is smaller but not a perfect fit. I was able to scrunch it in and it worked well.

You get a fruit plate and 1 glass bottle of Evian water on day 1. No wine....unless you get it from your TA or as a C&A amenity.

Yes...outlets are limited. The only ones are on the face of the vanity. I use a Belkin mini surge protector that has 3 outlets and 2 USB ports.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ATZJ5YS/ref=s9_top_hd_bw_b3C6a_g23_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-5&pf_rd_r=EMBE0S893JJZRDMAADG0&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=9a56d0b5-5068-5dbf-a8ca-595626e8f7fb&pf_rd_i=761520

We were in a GS on Rhapsody in February. The coffee pot is the style with a pod. They've changed brands of coffee and the pod is smaller but not a perfect fit. I was able to scrunch it in and it worked well.

You get a fruit plate and 1 glass bottle of Evian water on day 1. No wine....unless you get it from your TA or as a C&A amenity.

Yes...outlets are limited. The only ones are on the face of the vanity. I use a Belkin mini surge protector that has 3 outlets and 2 USB ports.

Thanks for the great response and the link. The last set of pods they left for the coffee pot were for much bigger pot, maybe 4 cup, so I bought my own.