Any Deals Offered to Stay on for the Next Cruise

Years ago Holland America canvassed the passengers asking if anyone would like to stay on for the next cruise at a deeply discounted rate. I presume they were trying to fill the ship. Does anyone have any recent knowledge of this type of marketing on RCCL.

It´s not a common concept of RCI.

I´ve only seen it offered once since 1995 and it´s been a loooooooong time ago.

You can probably go to the next cruise sales Person and ask about it, but don´t expect any deep Discount onboard you wouldn´t get when not onboard.

We experienced it once on RCL.

It was a few days after 9/11 when the airlines were shut down and many could not get to the ships.

Normally they control capacity very well and the ships are full.

In the last couple years they have taken on the policy that they would rather have empty cabins than off very deep discounts. (at least that is their stated policy.)

You will pay whatever the posted rates are which in many cases are higher than they were a few weeks before. In the majority of cases the lowest price for a cruise is not the price that is listed just before sailing.

This will vary by cruise line and sailing. It is not a OSFA situation. I know that the couple who booked another week while on board the Surf paid about 40% of what the rest of us did for that week.

For the record, I had originally booked the week, and got an offer to book the previous sailing for half price. We jumped on it and did a B2B instead of a week in Tuscany prior to sailing.

This will vary by cruise line and sailing. It is not a OSFA situation. I know that the couple who booked another week while on board the Surf paid about 40% of what the rest of us did for that week.

For the record, I had originally booked the week, and got an offer to book the previous sailing for half price. We jumped on it and did a B2B instead of a week in Tuscany prior to sailing.

Right but the OP was asking about a cruise on Royal and not another line. (At least I am assuming they were as they posted the question on the Royal thread)

Right but the OP was asking about a cruise on Royal and not another line. (At least I am assuming they were as they posted the question on the Royal thread)

Sorry, using Tapatalk and didn't notice it was line specific. My bad.

I would think that if you enquired early enough that it is possible since several couples on our 2012 TA stayed on for the Med. cruise . They said it was a great deal. Same parent company so worth asking when you embark