MSC Seaside II To Be Named MSC Seaview

Mikesa1721

Can you please outline for me the ships that are already under construction and approximate sail dates along with those that are just announced but haven't started construction? I'm having a difficult time keeping this all straight :).

I know that SeaSide is scheduled for December of 2017 and that's about it.

MSC Meraviglia ---> June 2017

MSC Seaside ---> November 2017

MSC Seaview ---> June 2018

MSC Meraviglia II ---> Early 2019

MSC Meraviglia Plus ---> October 2019

MSC Meraviglia Plus II ---> September 2020

MSC Seaside III ---> 2021

3 MSC World Class +200,000 gross tons ---> 2022+

Wow :confused::confused: We will need traffic lights in sea soon.:rolleyes:

Thanks so much Mike! This is a lot of new ships. I've been following the cruise industry since the mid 80's and I can't ever remember a company expanding this quickly. This is 10 new very large ships in the next 7 years. I'm making a note in my phone to pull this post up in 2021 to see just how closely MSC was able to adhere to this proposed schedule. :)

Thanks so much Mike! This is a lot of new ships. I've been following the cruise industry since the mid 80's and I can't ever remember a company expanding this quickly. This is 10 new very large ships in the next 7 years. I'm making a note in my phone to pull this post up in 2021 to see just how closely MSC was able to adhere to this proposed schedule. :)

Plus a new private island in the Bahamas,,an expanded and renovated terminal at the Port Of Miami,,and the possibility of a new private resort in Marinella Italy,,,all without investors to pay for it all!!!:D

More ships, more competition, better service, = lower prices/more deals.:cool:

I wish it would work this way. :o For my 10 years cruising experiences its more like - more ships lower price = more cuts , less service , cheap skaters . Plus I am not in love with those mega ships with mega crowds and mega amounts of kids . Even Divina is too big for my taste :o

From a purely business standpoint, sustainability comes to mind. In the very least, when we pull this thread up in 2021, let's note whether or not MSC is publicly traded :).

I don't ever see that happening,,,MSC has 12 ships in their fleet currently, MSC shipping owns 480+ container ships, :) It's safe to say MSC doesn't need investors,,:D

Edited by Mikesa1721

I don't ever see that happening,,,MSC has 12 ships in their fleet currently, MSC shipping owns 480+ container ships, :) It's safe to say MSC doesn't need investors,,:D

Time will tell my friend. While the shipping industry and the cruise industry have similar tenets; there are substantial differences in the product which will most certainly drive business decisions. In the very least, you have to admit this is uncharted territory.

Plus a new private island in the Bahamas,,an expanded and renovated terminal at the Port Of Miami,,and the possibility of a new private resort in Marinella Italy,,,all without investors to pay for it all!!!:D

Plus the new private island on the Dubai route Sir Bani Yas from December next :cool:

Time will tell my friend. While the shipping industry and the cruise industry have similar tenets; there are substantial differences in the product which will most certainly drive business decisions. In the very least, you have to admit this is uncharted territory.

I think MSC wanted to be sure they had their place in line at the shipyards,,,STX France is set for the next 10 years with orders from MSC,,,Fincantieri will only build one,,possibly 2 more "Seaside" class ships after MSC Seaview and then that's it.

Plus the new private island on the Dubai route Sir Bani Yas from December next :cool:

Which is weird because I read that Costa will be calling at Sir Bani Yas now as well. Does MSC have exclusive rights to the area??

Which is weird because I read that Costa will be calling at Sir Bani Yas now as well. Does MSC have exclusive rights to the area??

I read that too, Mike, but according to MSC's press release it's "yet another exclusive island destination, the Sir Bani Yas Island beach oasis, which further enriches its winter 2016/2017 itineraries in the Emirates."

Though maybe they don't just mean "exclusive" to MSC :confused:

http://www.mscpressarea.com/Press-Area/PressReleases.php?eLang=1&dLang=1&eCountry=1&PIID=8751

Edited by Beamafar

I read that too, Mike, but according to MSC's press release it's "yet another exclusive island destination, the Sir Bani Yas Island beach oasis, which further enriches its winter 2016/2017 itineraries in the Emirates."

http://www.mscpressarea.com/Press-Area/PressReleases.php?eLang=1&dLang=1&eCountry=1&PIID=8751

It's possible Bea,,,may have been exclusive to MSC at the time,,:)

Woohoo ................ I've just received my 'MSC Seaview Members ONLY sale' email inviting me to book within the next two weeks to avail of this wonderful, exclusive offer - 5% discount ON TOP OF the Voyagers' Club 5% discount. Oh, how I miss my 20% Black Card discount. The only cruise I've booked without it is my upcoming one which I received a whopping 30% + 5% off :D‏

Perhaps this might explain it:

http://sir-bani-yas-island.anantara.com/rooms.aspx#desert-islands

Looks like Anatara is quite an "exclusive resort" in that part of the world. Really nice looking.