Uniworld Delightful Danube?

Second seating

I keep looking for any reviews on this cruise but cannot find any recent reviews. We leave next month and it is our first river cruise would be nice if someone who has done the cruise gives us a few tidbits.

We are on the sailing leaving Budapest Aug 10th and we decided to do two days on our own in Budapest. We hired a tour guide for Aug 9th for the day. This is my first river cruise and really looking forward to it. I am having a hard time with planning because I am use to ocean cruises and planning what to do in each port and this is so different.

Hello everyone,

I have had a lool at the itinerary of this cruise and it is indeed a little different from the ones I have read about so far. I do not think any other international cruise company docks in Spitz. Or I have not read of one at least. It sounds a delightful small place in the famous Wachau valley: http://www.spitz-wachau.at/Tourismus_Wirtschaft/Allgemeines You can download an English language brochure.

I would go for the excursion to Melk Abbey, though. It is a great building with a fantastic library. And a nice shop that stocks apricot related souvenirs.

In Vienna I like the option of seeing the Belvedere palace with the exhibition on Klimt. I was only in the grounds of the Belvedere and could not go into the building itself, unfortunately. Again there is a shop round the corner, with some souvenirs of Klimt.

I hope someone will answer soon with a review or comments about this itinerary.

notamermaid

WE have not done the exact same cruise as the one you are looking for information about, but I did do a report on...Uniworld River Ambassador Danube discovery and Prague. If you scroll about 4 or 5 pages back on the list and about the last week of May you'll find it.

And we have cruised the Danube between Nuremberg and Budapest a couple of times, as well as the Main Rhine and Moselle, so ask away.

RB

Thank you FuelScience I had read your review and hoped for something this year!

We have been to most of these ports on a past cruise for Holiday Markets. So it will be nice to see flowers blooming! Looking forward to the new stops for us in Engelhartszell, Spitz and Budapest. This will be my sixth cruise with Uniworld.

Second seating