How much luggage do you bring?

Just for fun...on every cruise I see people with so much luggage and I can't imagine what they are packing. My husband and I went on a back to back cruise for 14 days last year with carry on luggage only. I often see posts on here about spending much of the first and last days unpacking/packing...seems like a silly way to spend your vacation :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

1 apiece and a carry on.

An absolutely ridiculous amount but I'm happy with with and DH doesn't complain so all is good for us.

One large suitcase is 2 king size pillows. We have both found that we sleep much, much, much better when we are happy with our pillows so we each bring one. It significantly improves our vacation because we at sleeping decently and not tired and crabby.

We all like to dress up a little for dinner each night and a lot for elegant nights. Besides the clothes, it requires appropriate shoes which take up space. Nice high heels shouldn't be smashed and DH size 13's take up a lot of room.

One carry on size suitcase is filled with DD (5) toys, books and activities. She spends most of her time in camp but it's nice for her to have something to do when she wakes up before us.

I have packed less on trips but I spend a lot of time stressed about not having what one of us needs/wants and it's not worth it to me. I would rather pack a little extra and not worry.

We travel with four of us and have always had 7 bags. One small toiletries bag, one shared garment bag, one smallish bag that has all snorkel gear and water shoes, and a normal suitcase per person. We always bring our on OTC products and a ton of sunscreen and aloe Vera!

We drive to the ports (most of the time) so I can bring as much as I want or think I will need. Lets see. One suitcase for the kitchen sink... Just kidding. We each have one check in because it is too big for the scanner and we have one check in that carries our memory foam mattress topper and our snorkeling gear. Yes, we absolutely have to have the mattress topper if we want to walk erect for the week. Then one small wheeled carry on for our wine and a few personal things like bathing suits. So that is 3 large wheeled check in's and one small wheeled for carry on for a week cruise. I shall want for nothing. :o

Usually one checked bag for the 2 of us for a 7 day cruise. Could probably get by with a carry on each, but then we have to schlep it through the airport. I usually will take my beach bag as my carry on since I don't carry a purse on vacation, but I only put my stuff I need for the flight and getting on the ship, so I'll throw in a sweater, and flip flops if I'm flying from the cold and going warm. Otherwise everything else is packed. My husband takes his laptop as his carry on, nothing packed into it except his laptop and paperwork he needs.

I make a packing list and use packing cubes, but I won't wear any clothing item more than once and I want shoes to match. I wind up with a medium rolling suitcase and a small rolling carry on for 5 days or less, adding another carry on for longer than that. My SO is an admitted over packer and his clothes are big, so he is on his own. I was delighted when we first met and I learned that he prefers to do his own packing :D. We take what we feel we need to have a good time, and this is what works for us.

Our cruises are normally 7 or 10 days and we don't do laundry on the trip.:D

We each take a 22" suitcase and a small under-the-seat size tote bag with meds, electronics, wine, make-up and 1 change of clothes.

We're very careful about having most every piece of clothing go with the rest so we need less "outfits. (my color scheme is black, white, and olive green basics) We often wear a shirt we wore to dinner during the day later in the trip. Also, we restrict how many shoes we take to one pair of dress, one pair of casual and a pair of leather flips that double as pool shoes and slippers.

I grossly overpack! :D

But I know it and it doesn't bother me one bit! I love to dress up and wearing a new dress and fun heels every night of a cruise is one of the best parts of cruising for me...esp. now that I am a mom to a toddler and dress up very rarely in my home life! I don't want to spend my vacation doing laundry so I bring enough that I can wear something different each evening and have a different options for every day in port and around the ship. I also pack some hats, gym shoes, work out clothes (although, those seem to be the ones that don't always get worn), and makeup, hair products, etc. I won't use the in-room dryers (I'd have to start getting ready at 4PM for an 8PM dinner using those crummy things to dry my long, thick hair) and I won't use the in-shower shampoo/shower gel options. I like to have my things when I travel. But I do my best to use small travel bottles when I can.

Typically for me and my husband, we have a large suitcase, his fold-over garmet bag and 1 or 2 small roller board bags. We check everything that we can when we fly. And once we get to the ship, it all gets unpacked in about 20 minutes and suitcases go under the bed!

We never travel with more than a carry on. Last cruise was 13 days on the Vista with hotel stay before and after.............18 days total with just a carry on. We bring clothes for elegant night..........me a cocktail dress; dh a suit. All pieces mix and match and we use packing cubes. It's not that difficult to pack light there are many u-tube videos that outline ways to maximize your space if you want to lighten your load.:)

I really don't know how its possible. No make up ,no shaving cream? no sun cream? how many pair of underwear ? Carry on its only 10 kg and small size I can not see suit in there. You do laundry on board or you just wear same t-shirt for 18 days ?

We own one set of luggage with 25" and 21" rolling suitcases and a 20" rolling duffel. We can get away with the two smaller pieces unless we need snorkeling equipment for anything under a full week. When I travel without DBF it's just the 21" plus a tote or backpack.

I bring two rolling suitcases and my laptop bag. One of the suitcases is half empty for all of the useless stuff I just can't live without buying at each port. I always bring my laptop to transfer pictures at the end of the day, I find it to be the best way to relax, and it works for me. I once had a discussion with someone who said it was silly of me to bring my laptop, but it is my vacation and I'll bring what I like.

as I rarely just cruising, but spending time in other places, I usually have a larger suitcase as well as my carry-on...I don't do laundry on vacation and I refuse to re-wear worn clothes, ugh, nasty

We drive to the ports (most of the time) so I can bring as much as I want or think I will need. Lets see. One suitcase for the kitchen sink... Just kidding. We each have one check in because it is too big for the scanner and we have one check in that carries our memory foam mattress topper and our snorkeling gear. Yes, we absolutely have to have the mattress topper if we want to walk erect for the week. Then one small wheeled carry on for our wine and a few personal things like bathing suits. So that is 3 large wheeled check in's and one small wheeled for carry on for a week cruise. I shall want for nothing. :o

Mattress topper is a great idea! We also drive to the port so we bring whatever we fell like.:D

For those that carry pillows and foam toppers--- put those into space bags. A foam topper isn't much thicker than the space at itself when the air is squeezed out.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I really don't know how its possible. No make up ,no shaving cream? no sun cream? how many pair of underwear ? Carry on its only 10 kg and small size I can not see suit in there. You do laundry on board or you just wear same t-shirt for 18 days ?

I think it depends on the size of the carry on. Some hold more than others. We upgraded to hard side luggage which seems to hold more. I was able to fit everything we needed, clean underwear, medicine, sunscreen, etc just have to be creative. Most of the shirts I bring are lightweight and I roll them up instead of folding. I suppose it depends on the ports too. Last time I ended up wearing my bathing suit most of the time for the beach.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

For a short 4-night cruise we generally each just bring a rolling carryon and a handheld carryon (backpack or tote bag).

For a 7 or 8 night cruise we bring one large piece of luggage for most of our clothes and shoes. Then DH brings a backpack and I have a rolling carryon that fits underneath the seat on an airplane.

We used to take a garment bag as well, when we took formal clothes. But we don't dress quite as formally as we used to so no need to bring the garment bag anymore.

We do self-assist debarkation so we don't bring any more luggage than the 2 of us can handle comfortably.

We usually have one large suitcase, one medium, a garmet bag, and a carry-on. The carry-on is pretty much empty except for meds-I use it for the things I buy in port or on the ship to bring back home.

We take one rolling garment bag and one standard sized suitcase for 7 or 8 day cruises for the two of us.

AND one small rolling carryon for 2 bottles of wine and 2-12 pack cans of soda; and our swimsuits and cover up.