Guarantee suites

divsec

We are 7 days from sailing now and are eagerly awaiting our assignment and a "place to call home" for our 21 days in Antartica. I know it may be a while but will start checking every day now. Was hoping maybe because of the holiday that they would get these done early! But all cabins still showing availability so they may be waiting for last minute bargain hunters.

The suspense begins.....

We have an OB guarantee for the Dec. 19 Holiday Antarctica cruise and are interested to hear you still don't have your assignment 7 days in advance for your cruise. However, our cruise says "Call for Availability" for all cabins. Does that mean sold out?

We have an OB guarantee for the Dec. 19 Holiday Antarctica cruise and are interested to hear you still don't have your assignment 7 days in advance for your cruise. However, our cruise says "Call for Availability" for all cabins. Does that mean sold out?

The more experienced can weigh in here, but my read of "call for availability" means that they have availability but don't want to post the price. Undoubtedly at the risk of offending people who booked months ago at a higher rate than what they offering to sell cabins at the last minute. I think if it were sold out it would say "sold out".

The more experienced can weigh in here, but my read of "call for availability" means that they have availability but don't want to post the price. Undoubtedly at the risk of offending people who booked months ago at a higher rate than what they offering to sell cabins at the last minute. I think if it were sold out it would say "sold out".

Oh I see!

No wonder I got pay upgrade to PH in July cruise. I though it was sold out.

從我的iPhone使用Tapatalk 發送

We are 7 days from sailing now and are eagerly awaiting our assignment and a "place to call home" for our 21 days in Antartica. I know it may be a while but will start checking every day now. Was hoping maybe because of the holiday that they would get these done early! But all cabins still showing availability so they may be waiting for last minute bargain hunters.

The suspense begins.....

The checking might not work. I made a mock GTY booking the other day and the site stated that the room would be assigned upon boarding.

/I don't care for the new site design Sam I am

The checking might not work. I made a mock GTY booking the other day and the site stated that the room would be assigned upon boarding.

/I don't care for the new site design Sam I am

That is interesting. When I sign in ours still says GUAR. Nothing about "will be assigned at boarding". I Know that can happen, but from reading this thread for a while, it seems that everyone - at least those who have been posting - has gotten an assignment before boarding. But as I have felt all along, we signed up to get what we get, and the surprise is part of the fun. I don't see a cabin on the ship I would be unhappy with so will just wait and see!

[And maybe I have not been around long enough, but the site design looks the same to me over the past many months....]

That is interesting. When I sign in ours still says GUAR. Nothing about "will be assigned at boarding". I Know that can happen, but from reading this thread for a while, it seems that everyone - at least those who have been posting - has gotten an assignment before boarding. But as I have felt all along, we signed up to get what we get, and the surprise is part of the fun. I don't see a cabin on the ship I would be unhappy with so will just wait and see!

[And maybe I have not been around long enough, but the site design looks the same to me over the past many months....]

Cabin assignment received (now 5 days out) just after I wrote this: 526. Perfectly fine with us, although would not have minded deck 6 or some grand fluke of an UG (penthouse perhaps :D:D:D??) But happy to know and be in a nice stable part of the ship.

Cabin assignment received (now 5 days out) just after I wrote this: 526. Perfectly fine with us, although would not have minded deck 6 or some grand fluke of an UG (penthouse perhaps :D:D:D??) But happy to know and be in a nice stable part of the ship.

And - also very handy for the laundry!

We received our assignment for the December 7 Odyssey TA a couple days before thanksgiving by checking the "my reservations " at Seabourn dot com. I really thought it would be at embarkation. We are forward on deck 6. TA contacted us a few days later.

• 1 month later...

I need a little help here.

For the first time we have booked a guarantee. We are one week out of boarding and still have no suite assigned. If I go to my booking, then online check in (which i have completed) and enter my bookingsnumber it shows that our suitetype is SU, what does that mean? We have booked veranda, so shouldn't it say VS?

I need a little help here.

For the first time we have booked a guarantee. We are one week out of boarding and still have no suite assigned. If I go to my booking, then online check in (which i have completed) and enter my bookingsnumber it shows that our suitetype is SU, what does that mean? We have booked veranda, so shouldn't it say VS?

I think it stands for submerged

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We got our assignment in late November 6 days ahead of sailing. The website never said SU, but said GUAR the whole time, but I suspect Flamin_June is correct. They seem to do things variably and a little hard to predict. Let us know what you get!

We got our suite assignment 5 days out, and others on the ship on our roll call got theirs 7-8 days out. We were assigned a V6 and they got V5 on deck 6. Our cabin, suite 734 was a little noisy due to the Patio Grill area being overhead. They shove all the tables and chairs to the side near the Grill after dinner hours and back out again early in the morning (times varied from 6:15 am to 8:00 depending on the day). A little further forward and you would be under other cabins instead of wooden pool deck areas. But for the savings we got doing a guarantee instead of choosing our own cabin, it was worthwhile. They weren't up there making noise all night long.

We stayed in 735 in December 2015 and never heard any noise from the deck:)

734 is directly under where the chairs and tables are dragged to store for the night, at the counter at Patio Grill. The Patio Bar is on the starboard side and had barstools there, so the chairs/tables were put on the opposite side where we were.

We decided to take a chance on our cruise last month and reserve a gty suite on the Sojourn out of Dubai. We were assigned suite 536, which was really noisy. Next to the main crew door that swung open and closed from about 5am to late at night. We tried to change once we were on board, however the ship was at full occupancy so we were out of luck. On the bright side however, it was close to the laundry!

• 4 months later...
We decided to take a chance on our cruise last month and reserve a gty suite on the Sojourn out of Dubai. We were assigned suite 536, which was really noisy. Next to the main crew door that swung open and closed from about 5am to late at night...

Interesting comment about noise in suite 536. I met a SB veteran guest on board who would always book 536 and nothing else. Obviously noise is not an issue for her in that cabin. Any others with personal experience with the noise level in 536?

Not in 536, but in 533 on a GTY and loved it. It became our favorite cabin. We were not bothered by any noise. The crew door has a 'soft close' so there is never a slamming of the doors.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have a GTY upgrade on Encore from V1 to V4 which looks to be forward on deck 8 or 9. I can't tell what's above this area on deck 10. Any feedback on this location?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Today we got our number - booked V1 GTY - got V6 844!

Wow well done - we are on the same cruise and on the same deck as the Observation Lounge (forget which deck but its forward) - see you on Saturday!