Post Re-fit questions

Jack E Dawson

... Is there a charge for the afternoon tea in the Queens Room?
No, there is no charge for afternoon tea is the Queens Room.

(there is a charge for the "Champagne Afternoon Tea" but I have no idea (and even less interest) about the charge, sorry)

Make sure you arrive early, afternoon tea on a Cunard ship is a popular event!

(There are a few additional points regarding afternoon tea here: http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2260970 post number 14... )

Best wishes :)

Edited by pepperrn

For those who have already been what brand of coffee is in the Britannia cabins?

I could be wrong, but I was under the impression that only the Grills get coffee. Britannia cabins only get tea.

(I stand to be corrected if I'm wrong).

Will be doing a TA on he QM2 in Britannia Club. Does the new kettle come with a selection of coffees and teas or should we bring our own supply on board?

Is there a charge for the afternoon tea in the Queens Room?

In PG, nice kettle and keurig type coffee maker. All stocked.

I could be wrong, but I was under the impression that only the Grills get coffee. Britannia cabins only get tea.

(I stand to be corrected if I'm wrong).

I am hoping those of us in Britannia at least get instant coffee :eek:

Edited by Lanky Lad

I am hoping those of us in Britannia at least get instant coffee :eek:

I think Nescafé Instant Coffee And Biscuits,

But they have gone :eek:

There was also some UHT milk in those pots. Not using the kettle, The steward did not restock it as it went into the wardrobe.

IMG_1097.jpg.991a608724346f1be7bf2f5bb3fcf560.jpg

Edited by Pennbank

My Britannia stateroom had Café HAG in it, but then I had boarded in Germany. I would rather a cocktail machine than tea or coffee making facilities! I shall see what is on board on Wednesday.

IMG_3063.jpg.bfefaf61fb7aeb84e8b3586098171e61.jpg

I have a question about deck 7 and the new Catharina lounge...from videos and pictures it seems that the walkway thru the port side has been semi blocked with screens and dense seat areas ...So everyone walking to to spa must weave thru groups of people sitting together just to get to the gym/spa areas or for that matter walk inside when the weather closes the outside decks? I think a walkway should have been retained.

Edited by sfbearcat

Maybe in America but not usually in the UK or Europe. I wouldn't think there is room for a kettle and a coffee maker in Britannia cabins.

A Keurig machine isn't any larger than a kettle. Since the TV is no longer on top of the fridge there's room there for both.

I have a question about deck 7 and the new Catharina lounge...from videos and pictures it seems that the walkway thru the port side has been semi blocked with screens and dense seat areas ...So everyone walking to to spa must weave thru groups of people sitting together just to get to the gym/spa areas or for that matter walk inside when the weather closes the outside decks? I think a walkway should have been retained.

The Walkway curves through the lounge in a clever was.

It is not blocked.

A Keurig machine isn't any larger than a kettle. Since the TV is no longer on top of the fridge there's room there for both.

And it can be used just to hear water ?

I wouldn't waste my time making instant coffee from a kettle when brewed coffee is available @ Kings Court or room service.

And it can be used just to hear water ?

I wouldn't waste my time making instant coffee from a kettle when brewed coffee is available @ Kings Court or room service.

I think we were discussing that Britannia staterooms only have a kettle and instant coffee, and one reason was that there wasn't room for a pod coffeemaker along with a kettle. I was challenging that point.

I wouldn't drink instant coffee either. It took me long enough to get used to the taste of brewed coffee.