Breakaway July 1 -10 photo blog/review

Chesneygirl

Hi Everyone,

I am going to attempt at putting together a photo blog type review of our Breakaway cruise from July 1 -10. I'm going to make this as quick and to the point as I can. I have many photos that I am excited to share with all of you but unfortunately writing is definitely not one of my strengths.

Once this mini photo review is done, I will start putting together my traditional vacation video and a 2 bedroom suite video tour as well.

For those of you who are not familiar with my vacation videos, I invite you to please click on the link below. :)

A little background info:

We are a family of 4 from Massachusetts, myself, husband, my son who is 20 years old and my daughter who turned 17 years old on this cruise.

We booked this cruise last August because of the 9 day itinerary which was very enticing to us. . At the time of booking we decided to splurge and get a 2 bedroom suite in the Haven. WOW the Haven did not disappoint!!

Included with our booking was the UBP, UDP, free gratuities and 250 minutes of internet. All were for the 1st and 2nd passenger only and the internet minutes were a flat amount to be shared.

The ports of call were: Old San Juan, St Thomas, Tortola & Bermuda.

We stayed one night pre cruise in NYC. We had tickets to a Yankee day game and stayed the night at the Marriott Marquis in Time Square.

In summary, we loved everything about this cruise!! Of all the cruises that we've ever taken, this one definitely rates pretty high for all of us.

For me personally, I think it was the best cruise I've ever taken! :)

Up next:

I will begin posting some photos with a captions.

I hope you enjoy!!

I am going to post the photos in 2 different formats - Medium and Best

The Yankee photos above are medium format.

Up next will be Best Format....

Can you guys let me know which format you prefer more?

I do like the medium format better. So glad you are posting your review and doing another video. They are the best :)

Cant wait for yr review! We are in a 2 bedroom on August 7. My kids are 18 and 22. Who was the concierge? Did you do the champagne sailaway? Did you eat at the specialty restaurants? We have the UBP and UDP and when we booked it was for all in cabin. We have six total including my mom and my dds bf. Cant wait to read all about your trip. Looks like you even had a great precruise day planned although Im a Met fan!

Cant wait for yr review! We are in a 2 bedroom on August 7. My kids are 18 and 22. Who was the concierge? Did you do the champagne sailaway? Did you eat at the specialty restaurants? We have the UBP and UDP and when we booked it was for all in cabin. We have six total including my mom and my dds bf. Cant wait to read all about your trip. Looks like you even had a great precruise day planned although Im a Met fan!

We had Armando for a butler - he was the best. We all adored him!

Anoop was our concierge.

Sopi was our room steward.

For specialty restaurants - We ate at Cagney's once, Le Bistro twice and the Japanese restaurant once.

Manhattan Room once and the rest of the days we had dinner in the Haven restaurant.

We loved having the beverage package. The Haven bartenders are very generous when mixing drinks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

After 2.5 days at sea it was nice to see land! First port Old San Juan on the 4th of July. We were surprised to see that they didn't have any festivities going on to celebrate the holiday.

We got off the ship and walked towards Paseo de la Princesa. It was a nice walk but we could of done without the downpour!

7d95107d3e86383b37f94ea5150543f6.jpg

e4eac12706a9db3ee522554649180c7a.jpg

efb487f4125d2ac7793375b1500d6501.jpg

5b8bfb93340fc0f42ac086ce027aaa1e.jpg

1b80af0422955311ad2f029cb46945ef.jpg

4bc5358d8d2cd69a589629cbc95ca37c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was so excited to see your post this morning. Your photos are wonderful and I love your vacation videos! I've been following your videos since I stumble on to your Dawn 2-bedroom suite video on YouTube years ago. We're doing the breakaway next month in a Haven H4 also, so this is like a sneak peek!

Also we must have similar taste, because just like you we were considering doing a pre cruise night at the Marriott Marquis. What were your thoughts on the hotel? Location seems perfect as we hoped to do Times Square, The Empire State Building, and possibly a dinner at Keen's Steakhouse. Any input (or photos) would be much appreciated!

Anxiously awaiting the rest!